I took my wife and twin 20 year old children to Chicama Surf Hotel for 3 days of surfing and was thrilled by everything.
The manager, Miguel Oordt, was great, helpful, patient and full of tips, humor and charm.
Everyone who worked there was warm and kind.
The rooms where comfortable and very clean. The food and Pisco sours where perfect.
Although the surfing instructors spoke mostly Spanish and my family spoke English, we had no trouble communicating. The instruction was excellent. One of my children is an accomplished intermediate surfer, while the other, my wife and myself are real beginners. The resort provided wet suits, surf boards and anything else that we needed.
The only thing I would have changed is to have brought my own wet suit, booties and hat, but that said, I will on my next visit.
This is a must go to destination if you are a surfer traveling in Peru.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chicama Surf Hotel & Spa is a top class Boutique Hotel that offers travelers, who are in search for an off the beaten path away from cities, a place of comfort with excellent and cozy facilities in one of the most beautiful places of northern Peru.We offer a variety of activities and services suitable for everyone, from day tours to the nearby archaeological sites, a fist class Spa, among other services that will make your stay a memorable experience.For Surfers we offer special services such as Towback with our zodiacs, tours to the nearby surf spots, surf equipment rental and even surf lessons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Chicama Surf Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chicama Surf Hotel And Spa
- Chicama Surf Hotel Puerto Malabrigo
- Chicama Surf Hotel & Spa Peru/Puerto Malabrigo