An excellent place to relax and enjoy doing nothing. My only complaint is that, being Peruvian, I know of the food possibilities and availability. They only offered two varieties of fresh juice (pineapple and papaya), and other flavors were only processed canned juice. The diversity of dishes was also very lame. Only a handful of main course dishes. I mean, the few we tried were absolutely delicious (fish on mandarine sauce, fish "a la chorrillana"), but it was very disappointing they couldn't offer more things. We went to the local town (5 minutes walking) and visited the local market. We found all the mangoes I was dreaming about, and a gigantic selection of fruits and fish at extremely cheap prices. We ate lunch at a local small restaurant for a ridiculous cheap price that offer a a menu three times as varied as Chicama Surf's. Seriously, that area is land of oranges, mandarines, mangoes, passion fruit, peaches, and the bar only had plain and normal pisco sour and other traditional and classic drinks. I suppose if you are not aware of the possibilities it would be wonderful, but with all the Peruvian food boom and the closeness to a local town, I find them at fault for not trying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chicama Surf Hotel & Spa is a top class Boutique Hotel that offers travelers, who are in search for an off the beaten path away from cities, a place of comfort with excellent and cozy facilities in one of the most beautiful places of northern Peru.We offer a variety of activities and services suitable for everyone, from day tours to the nearby archaeological sites, a fist class Spa, among other services that will make your stay a memorable experience.For Surfers we offer special services such as Towback with our zodiacs, tours to the nearby surf spots, surf equipment rental and even surf lessons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Chicama Surf Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chicama Surf Hotel And Spa
- Chicama Surf Hotel Puerto Malabrigo
- Chicama Surf Hotel & Spa Peru/Puerto Malabrigo