“Simple and good”

Nordkapp Vandrerhjem Hostel
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed only for one night but were very happy. The room was tidy, the living room stylish and modern and the bathroom/toilets were also clean. Breakfast was included, with a good choice of food. Drinks such as coffee/tea were available in the evening as well. Simple and clean, cheap compared to other possibilities in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went mid may and it was the only place open at the time to stay while visiting the top of the world. But worth it. The hostel was clean and had great service. We drove there and wouldn't arrive until after hours, but called the lady at reception and she stayed up for us until we arrived as well as stayed cheerful when I called about 5 times that we were coming later and later. If I have to say anything negative, it would be the fish smell outside, but got used to it in no time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Went here on a last minute choice when I arrived at Honningsvåg. It was raining and a bit colder than I was prepared for with my camping gear.

I came in from the cold and rain, asked about a bed and the wonderful Polish woman working at reception helped me out and was very sweet.

Later that evening I got into a conversation with her about Poland and then we got into the history of the building I was staying in. It has quite an active history and according to many, is still "active" today. I'll leave it a mystery and just recommend travelers to stay here if you find yourself heading to the North Cape.

The rooms are ample and breakfast is included, which for me is always a plus.

This is a good value for Norway and for being so far north where cheap accommodation is scarce.

Be sure to talk to that sweet woman at reception. I just wish I remembered her name

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The building was a workers hostel belonging to a factory before (or whatever similar) and built from pure concrete. A simple "opening of a door" was creating such a noise echoing on the corridor that you woke up in the middle of the night... Toliets, showers only on the corridor for men and women to be shared at the same time... Well...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hostel is good place to stay in every way. The place is clean, rooms are comfortable and the guest kitchen is nice. The breakfast was very good and is included to the prize. The location is great to visit Nordkapp and other places nearby.

I really have to give extra thanks to the staff of this hostel. A left my necklace to the room that we stayed in. I noticed only four days after that it was missing. I e-mailed to the hostel and they`d found the necklace. They sent it to me to my home address in Finland! The best servise ever!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna O
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Clean and tidy. Well equipped kitchen and bathrooms. But the kitchen has a bit of smell which would be better to clean it more frequently. Free drinks provided in the dining room on 2nd floor which was very nice. But one thing very odd is that, there is no sink or cleaning facilities on 2nd floor, the hostel asks the guests to clean up after using the equippment..so we have to do the cleaning on the first floor, which is quite inconvenient.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My son (19) and I (51) stayed here for two night, the Hostel staff is very friendly. The rooms and other facilities are clean! and (value for money) equiped with good beds and other stuuf. Free use of large kitchen and GOOD wifi. Large supermarket within walking distance (500 m). A good place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the raod have more noise