Quality Hotel Leangkollen
ScandicHotels.com
Good 3.5/5
Madame Tveten(Buskerud)
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsgreat viewoslo fjordlunch buffettrain stationexcellent servicenice hotelstayed here for one nightstaff was friendlynext morningnorwegian hotelshistoryoslofjordseminarweddingatmospherepointsnorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel in conjunction with a seminar.
The check in was nice and effecient. I stayed in room 366, and there was a long walk in order to get to the room. The room was OK in size for one person. There was little storage space for clothes, but not a big problem. There was a mini-bar in the room, but no safe. The window could be opened, but due to the fact that people could come in from outside it was better to keep the window closed. The temperature in teh room was very warm, even though the radiator was off. The biggest drawback was the noise from the neighboring rooms and hallway. I woke up at six from my nighbor taking a shower. It sounded just like I was in the shower my self. I felt a sleep again atfter my neighbor was finished showering, just to wake up again whn the maid started wakum-cleaning the hallway in the morning...for some strange reason. The bed was great, but due to all this noise it was not possible to get a good nights sleep.

The food served at the hotel was excellent, and is the best part of the stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night as we took part in a wedding. The place has a fantastic view over the Oslo Fjord, but is located far from Oslo, som this is more of a conference hotel than a place one would stay at if on holiday. It is also a 200NoK taxi ride from Asker Train Station.

The food was above average, as one would expect in a wedding, a the service was good.

Our points of critisism would be that the toilet has a sliding door, so one is bound to listen to any sounds made in the toilet. Quite uncomfortable even if the with your better half.
There was also a wall-to-wall carpet, which is not opitmal for asthmatics. But the cleanliness seemed to be good, so we weren't put off by it.

All in all a good place for a conference or wedding. And I guess that is what it aims to be.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I think it is mainly a conference hotel, away from the main town.

- surrounded by nature, great views.
- great location for a walk or a jog.
- ok breakfast too.
- good food, not so good desserts.
- room was ok, bathroom not so fancy.
- plenty of common areas to sit & socialise..
- common areas are actually pretty cosy & nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

this hotel is a hidden gem in Asker. it has a great view, the rooms are very very small but overall in good condition and clean. The food is great and the staff is very attentive. The breakfast was realyl good and the hotel definetly provides value.
the letdown was that they do not have iron in the room, you can call for it or use the ironing room..
the irons were a bit outdated and old.. they need to get some new ones. Overall the staff is great!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in October and enjoyed them both. This was a special occasion as part of my family came over from the UK. Because we would be a lot of people we wanted to have a family dinner one of the evenings at the hotel, so we approched the hotel staff for help and guidance. All of them did an incredible job getting all the bits and pieces sorted out and we also got a seperate dining room with views of the fjord. The food was great and the breakfast was also good. I did however get up late so most of the "hot" breakfast food was gone by then :) The rest of the breakfast table had a huge selection of food!

As we were a big group we needed rooms for everyone. Luckily this was during the Norwegian autumn holiday and the hotel was pretty empty. Without asking we got a room discount. Norwegian prices are always expensive compared to the rest of the world, but I did like the fact that the hotel showed an interest in our business and gave us a discount. They followed up through out our stay even letting me use their printer to print out some important papers. They also did a good job answering questions from family members and offered to open up one of the conference rooms to be used as a kids room.

Our group was allocated to different parts of the hotel. Most of us were put in a seperate building close to the hotel and the rest had rooms within the hotel. I managed to see most of the rooms and although one of the rooms was large enough for pre drinks with all the family tucked in, it was still smaller than most hotel rooms I've stayed in. In general I would say that all the rooms are of a small size and could definetly be larger. That said, they were all nice and modern. I did however see that the bathrooms need upgrading.

The location of the hotel is very handy and only a short taxi ride from Asker train station. I was a bit dissapointed that the hotel did not offer any form of shuttle transportation, but since this is mainly a conference hotel most guests probably drive to and from the hotel on their own and stay at the hotel most of the time and only leave when they go home. I could probably go on about the geographical location in terms of the fjord and the different (romantic), views you may experience through out the day, but my advice is go there and you will understand what I'm talking about. It's wonderful!

The non excisting shuttle service and general price of the food, drinks and rooms are the only negative sides to our stay. Not getting the best of the hot food for breakfast was my own fault so I can't hold that against them :)

All in all one of my best hotel experiences to date!

Safe travels!