“A good hotel for surfers”

Holidays In Evia & Eretria Village Hotels
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Eretria
Verona, Italy
“A good hotel for surfers”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was very satisfied by this hotel. My husband and I are experienced wind surfers and we went to this hotel mainly for relaxing and because there were activities for surfers as well. We participated to the organized trips to various beaches to enjoy the good surfing conditions. We really liked the fact that for surfers, there are many beaches with good wind, like Lefkandi. The wind is appropriate and the beaches are just beautiful. If you want to combine wind surfing with a very good hotel try this one in Eretria.

Room Tip: If you love surf, you should visit Lefkandi!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Viviana L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed December 20, 2013

A beautiful resort hotel with fantastic atmosphere, food, service, offering great Greek hospitality.
I stay in this hotel with my family several times. We enjoyed very much. I recommend this hotel, without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Eretria Village villas
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Dimitrioskk
Catonsville, Maryland
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at Holidays in Evia with a group for five days. The food, the staff and the pool were the outstanding features. There were plenty of options to choose from at the buffet, so I got to try a lot of Greek dishes that were new to me. The room was clean and adequate and had a large balcony.

The only negative was the unreliable internet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Katycat1145
Missouri
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Evia in Eretria Greece as a part of a large business group. Our group was on the all-inclusive plan, which included meals, pools and beach, soft drinks and other beverages as well as snacks throughout the day.

The accommodations were nice. I had an excellent view from my balcony of the mountain behind and the sea on the side. I stayed in the 4 star bungalows. Everything in the bungalow worked well and worked the duration of our stay (so, no power cuts, no cold water when I wanted it hot, and good TV). Room service was excellent and we had clean sheets and towels daily.

The pools and the beach were smaller than I expected and a bit crowded as the resort was at maximum capacity. They were clean however, and towels were provided for 2E a day or for 6E for the week.

The food was good if not a little repetitive.

The staff was amazing! They are what takes the rating from Average to Very good. Petros, the owner, and the rest of the staff were very accommodating to our group. They arranged day trips for us, they helped us with bus, train and ferry schedules, and were generally very helpful.

I would recommend this resort for smaller parties and for no longer than a week. It is very child friendly.

Room Tip: If you can afford them, the 4star bungalows are the best available in my opinion.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Recalled_to_Life
Athens, Greece
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed there for a week in the all-inclusive package
The room in the central building was satisfying
The Hotel is clean enough and id built in a good location (ideal for families with young children)
The all-inclusive package is a joke!!! You couldn't have mineral water, any kind of coffee besides french (the filter one) and for snacks you had to eat the left-overs from the dinner (cheesepie or pizza, or even worst the 1/4 of a regular toast!!!) A freddo espresso costs 3,5euros and was way below average!!! The food was an adventure: two small buffets (with 4-5 salads, 2 desserts only in dinner, 12 hot plates always with pasta, rice, patatos and 1 kind of cheese) always crowded with small children, touching food with their hands!!! The breakfast was even worst!!! Frozen small cream-pies (bougatsakia) and croissant, eggs boiled - fried - omelet, bacon, ham, sausages and cheese, some corn flakes with milk, typical cakes, yogurt and canned fruits! Everything in very-very-very poor quality! You could have some fresh baked crepes outside but they tasted funny! After day 2 we decide to skip breakfast!
The personnel was wery kind - helpful and the animation team was the strong point!

Room Tip: Stay away from the all-inclusive package, ask for a room in the main building and buy some fruits fr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Geo V
Athens, Greece
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've visited this hotel as a family of three. My husband, myself and a 17month old. On our arrival we were given our room and advised not to unpack first but visit the restaurant instead for lunch (it was about 13:00, the restaurant is open for lunch till 14:00). I've asked for a room change as the one we were given had a small veranda and only garden view, and we were then asked to see if we would like a pool view which was very nice indeed. The room was nothing of a smash-hit, but very clean and comfortable with a pretty decent bed and enough space for all three of us to move around and not feel crowded.
Our next visit was to the restaurant. The first impression was "noisy", but well run and airy as it was, we had no problem finding a suitable place to sit. The buffet had a little bit of everything, nothing too extravagant but there were two types of meat and either chicken or fish or sometimes both on every meal. You could find chips and pasta every day but there was not a lot of selection on salats or deserts. Just fruit on lunch and a couple of things on dinner. Pretty well cooked, but not a very big variety.
What we loved the most was the pool. Very big and quiet sallow in most places is really suitable for the little ones.
The animation team did a very good job entertaining everyone no matter how old.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank evdokiageo
Cholargos, Greece
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Been there is much more than what you can find on the web.
A large pool with sea-water, in the middle of a lovely green scenery with friendly personel was the most for me and my teen daughter.
Sunshine Animation team was the best animation team we ever met. Fun, Fun, Fun for the entire day til late at night, for kids, teens and adults!!!
Disco at night with songs at 80's and with new hits.... We really had a lot of fun.
There is also an extremely large pool for kids and of course ... the beach.
It is nice to walk or jogging around the gardens and food was quite good.
But.... rooms need renovation....
I would like to go back for short holidays.

Room Tip: I guess rooms in main building are probably better. We stayed in an old bangalow, with sea view and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family