“Best family holidays”

Holidays In Evia & Eretria Village Hotels
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Eretria
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've visited this hotel as a family of three. My husband, myself and a 17month old. On our arrival we were given our room and advised not to unpack first but visit the restaurant instead for lunch (it was about 13:00, the restaurant is open for lunch till 14:00). I've asked for a room change as the one we were given had a small veranda and only garden view, and we were then asked to see if we would like a pool view which was very nice indeed. The room was nothing of a smash-hit, but very clean and comfortable with a pretty decent bed and enough space for all three of us to move around and not feel crowded.
Our next visit was to the restaurant. The first impression was "noisy", but well run and airy as it was, we had no problem finding a suitable place to sit. The buffet had a little bit of everything, nothing too extravagant but there were two types of meat and either chicken or fish or sometimes both on every meal. You could find chips and pasta every day but there was not a lot of selection on salats or deserts. Just fruit on lunch and a couple of things on dinner. Pretty well cooked, but not a very big variety.
What we loved the most was the pool. Very big and quiet sallow in most places is really suitable for the little ones.
The animation team did a very good job entertaining everyone no matter how old.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank evdokiageo

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Been there is much more than what you can find on the web.
A large pool with sea-water, in the middle of a lovely green scenery with friendly personel was the most for me and my teen daughter.
Sunshine Animation team was the best animation team we ever met. Fun, Fun, Fun for the entire day til late at night, for kids, teens and adults!!!
Disco at night with songs at 80's and with new hits.... We really had a lot of fun.
There is also an extremely large pool for kids and of course ... the beach.
It is nice to walk or jogging around the gardens and food was quite good.
But.... rooms need renovation....
I would like to go back for short holidays.

Room Tip: I guess rooms in main building are probably better. We stayed in an old bangalow, with sea view and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ltzio
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went to the resort for a seminar on May 2013 for the first time but I have heard that it was very popular back in the 70s and 80s. After my experience I can truly say that they have stayed to that timezone! The rooms were, we stayed at a small complex next to the swimming pool but they need renovation. The worse part was the food which was terrible, low quality. The breakfast was one of the worse I have ever had. Staff except for one exception at our last day, were unhappy, miserable and untrained.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vangelis_Athens
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

A very well organized hotel that offers truly its best services. Lots of things to do, great in house restaurant choices, sea water pool, and nice rooms. Beach is sandy but the water at the sea takes away all effort.

An hour drive from Athens and several astonishing beaches to visit on the east coast of Evia with another 40 minute drive!

Escape! It's worth it!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Alex A
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We live in USA and also have a house in Greece. I would never imagine my own kind to let a place like this be in place. We went to visit relatives on the island and we were told it's a good place. I had my kids with me and wife. When we went to lobby it looked like it was left from the early 1970s. Looks like they never touched the place. We went to check out the beach front and it was ok with old chairs, paint coming off them left to sit on. When we went to our room this is where the shock took place. Paint was pealing, very unkept.The bathroom had crack tiles and the tub was pealing it's ceramic coating off.Horrible and was disgusted. I told my wife we need to leave immediately. Stayed there 3 hours and checked out. The front manager didn't even ask us why we are leaving. I guess they have experienced this before. In addition we got back home to Athens and they had the nerve to tell us we owe them another 5 euros since they made a mistake. Oh boy did we tell them off. I love Greece and will always come but if they think that this is the way to hold tourist they need there heads checked. I wouldn't leave my dog to stay there....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Tonye112795
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Its the 3rd time i visit this hotel with my family.
I have to state that the accommodation is not the best but its clean and acceptable 3* standards.
Incredible animation team especially for the kids, Not the biggest variety in the restaurant but we where 1000+ people and we could always find something different and tasty.
Lovely Lovely taverna was a good idea.
A good overall vacation

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Greg P
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We came back in this hotel which is one group with the Eretria Village resort .This time we stayed at Holidays in Evia just to realize that it is true that Hotel is `70s designed but the rooms are renovated.Clean and neat with improved food although the dishes are not so many and some times same per day but when you have to feed so many people you check to keep the quality high.All other like,facilities,animators,baby sheeting recreations in theater or disco etc...are share with Eretria Village resort.Actually we speak about a club and that what it is.Anyone who wants to find peace it is also there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family