All reviews schloss bensberg valet service beautiful hotel three star junior suite reception desk nice bar dali bar enoteca spa vendome luxury germany wellness minibar relaxation euros
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My first Castle stay. The hotel is grand. A huge castle that stands on top of a hill overlooking the city of Bensberg, south of Germany and Cologne as a whole. Very spacious surrounding areas with lots of trees and greens, very Castle like. Its nice to just walk the afternoon around the Castle grounds with the feel of fresh air. The lobby is quite simple and humble. Friendly hotel staff that are very attentive and accommodating. Rooms are spacious with high ceilings and an elegant royal feel to it. The huge bathroom was very clean with spotless glass panels. Very nice and fragrant soaps and lotions as well as soft towels. Breakfast was very good. The quality and choices were up to the standards of a 5 star luxury hotel. The hotel is near a strip of restaurants, cafe's and a few retail shops. Location is a bit off the "main city", but its a nice, peaceful, quite place to be in after a long tiring day at busy Cologne, accessible via train with a 10 to 15 minute walk to the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2013
2  Thank ChefGabbyPrats
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Overlooking Cologne from the south, this hotel is one of the best ever....
We stayed for businees more than a week and it became home.
Excellent breakfast, very nice staff after long days working...
Rooms ever so quiet.

Prices are the same as downtown Cologne which is easily reached by train or car. Trainstation 10 minute walk.

Room tip: Ask for a corner room
Date of stay: October 2013
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel is a real gem. Whether you are visiting Cologne or the surrounding area, this hotel is an amazing place to stay. As they would say in German, the "Preisleistungsverhaeltnis" is off the charts. I was there for a conference and business dinner, but I could just as well see bringing my family to this hotel. You'll never stay anywhere quite like it. The contents of the minibar are gratis (even the beer) and so is the internet connection.

Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Traveled on business
trastulloatschloss, Manager at Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear jamesboykin,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback with us. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Best regards,
Annika Trastullo

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I love this hotel, and I have stayed there three times before. I have another reservation for next month.

I go to Dusseldorf for trade shows, and it can take me 45 minutes to get to the show facility from downtown where prices are over 200 Euros for an Ibis. Cologne is more reasonably priced, and just outside Cologne, the Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg is still only 45 minutes from the show facility in Dusseldorf. I have never paid more than 150 Euros for the room, and that is much cheaper than most other offerings during a large trade show.

The rooms are roomy and nice with high ceilings. The indoor pool is welcome as I like to get my exercise in early in the morning. Breakfast is typical for the better hotels in Germany.

The view from the hotel is stunning. You have a full view of Cologne. Just outside the hotel is a very nice street with shops and restaurants.

I have stayed at more luxurious hotels, but this one is quite good and very well-priced for the area. This is my standard choice now on each trip to Cologne/Dusseldorf.

Date of stay: May 2013
2  Thank Jonathan B
Reviewed September 19, 2013

stayed here as our last night after 14 nights touring Europe, for a special night what a waste of money !! 275 euros a night, tiny room , restaurant shut 3/4 days a week forced into an Italian in the basement, only one course each & bottle of wine , 8 euros for bread so bill 130 euros for pasta , service slow , full & hot ,went for breakfast another 40 euros on top of 275 Euros then my car appeared another 22 euros for parking on site
Beds old & noisey , well ness center a 5 minute walk up & down floors in lift, nothing friendly about it start to finish, we cancelled breakfast left & enjoyed one up the road for 10 euros, no way would I recomend this place

Room tip: overlooking the front lawn not on 3rd floor
Date of stay: September 2013