“Amazing food and not expensive! ”
Review of Freustil

Freustil
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Das freustil in Binz auf Rügen verwöhnt seine Gäste mit moderner, naturverbundener Küche von Sternekoch Ralf Haug. Neben Fleisch und Fisch ist auch eine vegetarische und vegane Menülinie im Angebot, so dass für jeden Geschmack etwas dabei ist. Der Innenraum verströmt eine lässige Eleganz und sorgt zusammen mit dem zuvorkommenden Service und dem leckeren Essen für ein rundum freudiges kulinarisches Erlebnis.
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

The one Michelin star restaurant is beautifully decorated ,full of small objects that make it unique .
The real surprise is the amazing menu : you can choose a 6 ,7 or 8 course menu .We had a 6 course and was perfect .For merely 60 euros we had amazing flavours exploding in our mouth and making our tastebuds going crazy and on heaven .
Each dish is served in a different unusual dish ,for the deer tartare was a warm stone ,for the scallop a half green glass bottle ,for the fish a long piece of wood ....
Each dish is served with a creative explication from the lovely waiters .Amazing presentation and great creativity but clean flavours .Loved everything ,the chicken with corn cream served with an herb coated quail egg ,fried and put in a nest was too good not to regret that I can't eat it also today .
Good wine choice and even wine by the glass not expensive.
Definitely one of the best restaurant where I have been so far in Germany .

2  Thank Lella P

Reviewed July 25, 2017

Having been to many Michelin Star restaurants we had to try this one. We ordered the 7 course. I am a pescatarian and they had no trouble adjusting my dishes. All were quite innovative and tasty. I was already so full by the 4th course. Very good service too. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Great atmosphere and interior design, very friendly and forthcoming service, lovely 8 course meal with a strong focus on regional produce and fantastic wine pairing with mostly German wines - all in all a wonderful experience deserving of the high accolades. But the biggest highlight was that our two children (5 and 2 years old) also had a great time there for the entire evening, thanks to the caring and thoughtful service attitude. Lovely greeting from the kitchen also for them, a huge box with toys (all non-electronic) in our semi-private dining room to keep them entertained, two dessert courses also for them - they had as good a time as we did! Highly recommended for anyone who loves a great dining experience, also with children.

Reviewed January 15, 2017

We visit Freustil at New Years Eve last year and return this year together with some friends. Thy serve us a 8 course meny with fantastic wines to every course. We will be back next year!!

Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

I say this place is one of the best - not only in Rügen but all the places I've been with Michelin stars... this place is supposedly Michelin 1 star, but I believe they deserve more because of the food, selection of wines, service, etc... especially because the chef believes in the freshness of all his dishes! He only serves what he can get on the island. My husband and I, being around the world eating really good food, we give them double, triple, quadruple thumbs up!!! Must try when you are in Rügen. One thing - reservations are strongly recommended!!!

1  Thank stinaweena22