All reviews train station front desk staff comfortable room minutes walking decent business hotel free parking coffee machine clean hotel frankfurt ost pros annoying
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2019

I stayed at Mercure Eschborn Ost 4 times between December and February. I returned to the hotel not because of its location, but because of its qualities over other Mercures in the area. The hotel occupancy differs between fare periods where prices can skyrocket and the hotel is fully booked to when it's quiet and has low occupancy. This could come to expression at dinner - during fair the hotel opens for dinner buffet vs. an al carte menu.
Pros:
- Good service at the hotel reception, in particular, miss Selima who assisted me with a billing issue I was facing + a broken coffee machine in my room. Service was quick and efficient I didn't even have to repeat myself to anyone more than once.
- Excellent service at the restaurant - especially by Mr. B. Levinson who was very professional throughout all my stays. He was kind and always taking an interest in the surrounding. He also assisted me when my coffee machine broke and he brought me a new one. Being in hotels most of my life I find it quite refreshing to encounter such great service, which is a huge parameter when deciding where to stay.
- Comfortable bed
- Super comfy armchair
- Good coffee machine (the new ones only; the hotel also holds the old machines which are not good and should be removed from the hotel, in my opinion)
- Quiet room with high sleep quality
- Great views of Frankfurt skyline

Cons:
- I did not like breakfast. Very minimal breakfast buffet... no vegetables nor fresh fruits. Bacon was oily and soggy, no service for coffee, waiters running around making it impossible to grab their attention. One star less for that reason alone.
- No gym.

However and regardless of the breakfast issue - this one most definitely one of the finest hotels in the area and I will go back when I am next in Eschborn,

Room tip: Privilege room
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
ESCH0491, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Ost, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Dear MissMayG,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Ost.
We will share your comments regarding the breakfast with the responsible team and will think about new ideas and product offers.
Thank you again for your comments.
We will be very glad to welcome you again in our Mercure Hotel.
Kind regards
Your Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Ost (Hotel Management)

Reviewed November 28, 2018

Date of stay: November 2018
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ESCH0491, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Ost, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2018

Reviewed November 24, 2018

nice rooms, pretty good restaurant downstairs and very clean. slept well. highly convenient for working in Eschborn, I'm not sure whether id suggest staying for a weekend visit to Frankfurt. 10 minute walk to the S-bah station for a ride into city centre.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
ESCH0491, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Ost, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2018

Dear Nick H,

thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Your opinion will help us to continue improving our service range and make your stay even more pleasant and comfortable in the future.
Thank you again.
Your Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Ost

Reviewed August 29, 2018

Reception staff were so friendly and helpful. The rooms are good size for a family , clean and modern. The only thing we found a little annoying and unnecessary was that when we went to the restaurant at 9pm to eat we were made to eat in the bar which wasn't very nice as we had 6 children with us. we asked to eat in the restaurant as it was open until 11 but were told No by the man in charge at the bar as they had made it up for breakfast. it didn't make sense has the entire restaurant was empty and we were cramped in the bar area eating .

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ESCH0491, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Ost, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Dear Zoel L,

thank you so much for your great review regarding your stay in our Mercure Hotel.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Thank you also for your comments regarding the dinner. We will share this with the responsible team. The restaurant is open until 11 p.m. and we cannot accept the statement of the staff. We apologize for the inconvenience you had to suffer.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.
We will be very glad to welcome you again in our Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Ost.
Your Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Ost

Reviewed June 25, 2018

The hotel itself is OK though it could benefit from a slight rejuvenation.
It's on the service side that it would benefit from a drastic change.
At check in I did not feel welcome though I had checked in online.
The Restaurant experience on the first night was dreadful in regards to service. Not kind and far from respectful only one of the servers was very kind. On the second night the service was better but still not on the level you would expect in a Mercure.

Date of stay: June 2018
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ESCH0491, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Ost, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Ost. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sincerely
Your Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Ost.