All reviews business hotel business travel clean rooms pleasant stay walking distance nice hotel smoking companies
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Date of stay: August 2016
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels
Reviewed June 30, 2016

I booked a non-smoking room, with a credit card-guaranteed reervation. However, I was placed in a smoking room. To make things worse:

1) I was originally booked in a non-smoking room but the reception had intentionally placed me in a smoking room as an "upgrade". When I complained, the receptionist (Sanah) had the guts to tell me that this upgrade was a "privilege"!

2) When pointing out the fact that my room card's paper originally showed a room placed in a non-smoking floor (2nd floor is non-smoking as indicated in the elevator), the same receptionist (Sanah) replied that that floor was no longer non-smoking. This was a blatant and intentional lie to justify herself.

3) When checking-out this morning and asking to speak to the Manager, the receptionist (Janina) told me that the reason for this inconvenience was that my room was not guaranteed by card. This was untrue and the Assistant Manager (Isabella Schröder) proved that this information WAS shown on the computer screen.

4) The receptionist that welcomed me (Sanah) told me that unfortunately the information that I had booked a non-smoking room had not come through to the hotel's system. When checking-out this morning, the Assistant Manager (Isabella Schröder) also proved that this was untrue: that information WAS available on her computer screen.

I am a frequent Accor hotel user and have frankly never seen such a combination of errors AND intentional lies. Although the Assistant Manager (Isabella Schröder) kindly waived the payment of my hotel night to compensate for the inconvenience - which will only benefit my company - I have no intention to ever return to that hotel.

Date of stay: June 2016
5  Thank Olivier_Reiz
Reviewed May 31, 2016

The rooms are typical for an average business hotel but might need some maintance soon, especially the bathrooms. The hotel is surprisingly loud (lots of door banging). The location is, well, in the middle of nowhere- if you dont have a car you might be stuck. No restaurants around which makes you depended from the pricey dining options in hotel. Don't use this hotel for some sort of vacation, it caters mainly for business travelers and large groups of chinese package tourist. Nothing bad, nothing outstanding and overall reasonable priced for the Frankfurt area.

Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed May 16, 2016

They asked me my credit card details by mail to guarantee the reservation after 6 p.m. ... stupid me that I send them. A month later someone from Germany bought goods on Internet with my credit card numbers. Believe it or not, it is the first time I give my card details by mail....
Moreover, when I arrived they gave me a room which was not cleaned, the bed was still undone, in the bath towels were used. So I had to ask the reception to have another room. No one apologized ...

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Mercure H, Manager at Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Helfmann-Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2016

Dear Mr Albonetti,

I want to thank you personally that you have taken time to give us a feedback regarding your stay in our house.
I regret very much that the overall impression been affected by the noted point of misuse of your credit card!

I want to be honest that I cannot imagine a misuse of your credit card by a member of our team.
The transfer of a credit card will be encrypted and the access to this mail to view the card is personalized and only a small group of employees have the right.
The credit card is also encrypted in our systems and will be completely deleted immediately after your departure.
Furthermore, I would add that each of our employees must do a safety training for the credit card management.

We treat your feedback with the utmost care. Please be assured that we set great value on trust and service in our hotel and that it is of utmost importance to us that all guests feel welcome and safe during their entire stay.

Dear Mr Albonetti, we hope you will give us another chance that we can show you nevertheless that we value you as a client and guest of our house and the Group ACCOR!

Best regards

Isabella Schroeder
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2016 via mobile

I work close by and chose this hotel because of that reason. It's completely off the beaten track, in a business area, and I guess it's used generally for people on business trips to the area or conferences.

I was impressed how nice the hotel is. Staff is friendly, the rooms are adorable, the bed is comfortable, and it's quite a stylish place to be. I liked it and already booked 2 follow-up visits in the next few weeks.

Date of stay: April 2016