All reviews compliments to the chef comfortable bed one night stay nice hotel privilege cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2019

I stayed at this Mercure Eschborn Sued twice - once in December and once in February. The hotel is located close to many offices in Eschborn and around 2 other Mercure hotels. At this Mercure branch, the food was really the best of all 3 hotels.
When I arrived at the hotel the first time I got a room with 2 single beds even though I booked a room with a king bed. I went back to reception and they changed my room instantly, which was quite good cause otherwise, I would not have stayed there.
Pros:
- Really good breakfast with lots of vegetables and fruits, super crispy bacon which is very hard to find in hotels nowadays!
- Delicious dinner, every single dish! Especially the Vienna Schnitzel.
- Comfortable bed
- Decent toiletries which are being refreshed daily (privilege)
- Good minibar selection

Cons:
- The room was quite clean but rather small.
- Tiny uncomfortable no-arm chair with a mini table wasn't very convenient to sit on.
- Noise from the cleaning ladies at 7AM in the morning, banging the equipment and talk loudly... I did not want to wake up at that time after my long flight the night before.

Overall this is a good hotel in Eschborn and I might return their once again.

Room tip: Far from elevators and from cleaning storage
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Stefan R, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Sued, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Deay Ms May, many thanks for your time to comment all your impessions regarding your stay. I will share them with my team. We hope to welcome you soon again . Stefan Rösl General Manager

Reviewed March 18, 2019

I stayed here while working in the area over the weekend.
Unfortunately there was no warning on the website or during the booking that stated that the bar or restaurant is NOT open at the weekend except for an underwhelming breakfast.

Imagine my reaction; just got off the plane from UK, arrive at the hotel at around 19.00 to find bar is closed, restaurant is closed, no food available no room service nothing, at reception i was handed a takeaway menu from a local pizza restaurant, my German isnt great so im not sure how i was supposed to order & provide a credit card number.

Bar & restaurant closed Friday to Sunday!

I walked to another hotel on a freezing Sunday evening in January to get a decent meal.
My room wasnt serviced all the time i was here (Friday to Monday), hotel was empty and characterless.
My room felt very tired.

Cant say the reception staff were welcoming or friendly however restaurant staff (for breakfast) were very helpful and courteous.

Would not stay again.

Room tip: Dont stay here at the weekend!
Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank MiddlesexSteve2008
Stefan R, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Sued, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Dear Steave, we are sorry to hear about your experience during your stay. To avoid, that our guests do not receive food and beverage on weekends, if the occupancy is very low and the restaurant / Bar is closed , we have implemented our kukimi shop, whrer you can get 14 main courses, 3 soups and sandwiches and wraps. As well about 20 different softs, beer and wine , if you like.
So there should no need to leave the hotel to get something to eat or drink. We are sorry , if our choise to not fit your taste. Many thanks for your feedback regarding the reception and the service stuff. I will share your comments with them.
We hope to welcome you soon again. best regards Stefan Rösl General Manager

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

I've been staying here for years and it used to be fine. However over the last 6 months it has rapidly gone downhill. The 'restaurant' doesn't do food in the evenings apart from one type of pizza. The staff are rude and getting worse by the minute. The rooms look bare, cold and unwelcoming. I am told 'this is a new concept'
I have a new concept too ... early checkout and another hotel! Miserable place to stay. Look elsewhere!!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Stefan R, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Sued, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Dear GemJayBC , many thanks for your reply. We are sorry to hear, that you do not feel well with our service and our hotel . The rooms are the same , than during your last stays. There has been no change . If you do not like the style, we apologize. Our new F&B kukimi concept do offer 14 main couses , 3 soups and 4 Pizzas. We have implemented it since End of January 19 . Of course our stuff should not be rude to our guests . This is not, how I know my employees and like other guests give me a feedback about the friendliness of our stuff. I will talk to them and show them your comments to motivate them to do better. best regards Stefan Rösl- General Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2019

The hotel is convenient located at an area where there are many offices. So going to office is just a short walk. Hotel looks ok, rooms are ok. But its simply not 4 stars. It is just average. It certainly not a room where you want to pay 220 Euro for.
What I found really disappointing was that there was a bar that was closed.
With a sort of silly excuse that there was now no one. After begging long we were allowed one beer. But again they closed it down. It was supposed to be open until 24:00 Breakfast is varied. Other problem I occurred that I mistake was made with the bill. So for me the only real benefit was the location, but for the rest to many issues and problems.

Room tip: I had not a great view, so worth checking in advance
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Stefan R, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Sued, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2019

Dear Guest, many thanks for your reply and your comments. We apologize, that the service you expected could not be provided. Due the fact, that I can not see your name, it is difficult to identify your booking an the date of your stay. The rate looks like a Fair period, due the fact, that the rates in Eschborn are in regular times lower than 225,-- €uro. The Bar is open , if we do have the demand . If there is no demand, we have it closed or change opening times .
To serve our guest food and Drinks to any time, we have implemented a Kukumi Store / shop, since the 25. of January this year, where we provide a huge selection of drinks,also beer and wine , snacks and food 24 h .
We apologize about the mistake with your invoice. I will discuss your comments with my Team and we work on, to improve our serve quality . Stefan Rösl General Manager

Reviewed December 18, 2018

You would not go out of your way to go to Eschborn. You'd only go there if you re on a business trip to one or other of the large organisations with a presence in this suburb.

If you have to go, then staying at the Mercure makes sense. It is ok in all respects; ok room, ok TV, ok breakfast and ok staff.

But at any price it is not worth staying in Eschborn unless you have to or you are just putting your head down in the middle of a road trip

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Stefan R, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Eschborn Sued, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2019

Dear guest, many thanks for your reply. We be aware that Eschborn is a business district with less entertainment or highlights. Therefore we are happy for your positive comments regarding the hotel. Hope to welcome you again, if you are need to visit Eschborn . best regards Stefan Rösl General Manager