“Mercure Cergy Pontoise Centre”

Mercure Cergy Pontoise Centre
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Cergy
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Malling, United Kingdom
“Mercure Cergy Pontoise Centre”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Good standard of hotel - friendly reception staff. Think WiFi and Breakfast should be included for 100 Euro. Small TV in room. No on-site restaurant but there is a small one just around the corner and a Chinese attached but they don't appear to recommend it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
LEDORAT, Directeur général at Mercure Cergy Pontoise Centre, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Thank you very much to have taken time to give us your comment.
Concerning the WIFI, I think that you have not be informed on arrival that it was free. I ask to the staff to be carreful...
For the breakfast, for "individual bookings", we have in fact no rate including it. It can be negociated for special events, or companies on request.
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you for a new stay in Cergy, we assure you of our best attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Muflin
Reviewed March 11, 2007

I checked in late at night in this gloomy hotel. Though the night keeper was polite, the hotel looked pretty old to me and it appeared to me that it needs some refurbishement.
But since i was for business in Osny (i booked on Osny-hotels.com - good website, by the way !) I decided to stay, and I have to say that the politeness of the staff conforted me a bit.
Be aware of that !

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank T.O.Muflin
Gloucester UK
Reviewed August 1, 2005

Don't be too put off by the cladding coming off the outer walls. It may look a bit crumbling but once you're inside, you're in for a pleasant surprise. The front foyer is welcoming, the staff were very friendly on check-in.
I stayed here with my daughter on a coach-trip to Disneyland Paris so I'm afraid we didn't check out the bar!
We had a twin room on the first floor, and although you could say the room was basic, it was very clean - as was the bathroom and toilet, so we were very happy with it. I must admit I was expecting the very basics so free toiletries were an added bonus!
Some people might have been put off by what I think was a railway line running nearby, and perhaps in other rooms the noise may have been louder, but it didn't bother us at all.
The location wasn't great in that there was nothing nearby, except a MacDonalds with a play area - which was fine with my daughter! Because we were there at the weekend, the restaurant at the hotel was not open so we were stuck with MacDonalds but I was told by a couple in our coach party that a 20 minute walk (turning right at the main road by the hotel) brought you to a lovely harbour with plenty of restaurants.
However, the fact that there wasn't anywhere decent to eat was not really a problem as with this trip we got there fairly late in the evening and on the day of our trip to Disneyland we got back in time for bed so it wasn't as though we had plenty of time to kill.
The breakfast was nothing special but adequate. A tiny croissant and a rather crusty bread roll with a choice of butter and jams etc, plus cornflakes and tea or coffee. The waitresses were very friendly and you could order orange juice and hot chocolate but I don't know whether this was at an extra price?
The trip to Disneyland took about 3/4 hour to an hour which for the price we paid wasn't really a problem. Its perfect for people on a tight budget - we still really enjoyed our day in Disneyland.
I've read some bad reports of Disneyland being dirty/in need of a lick of paint/rides not being open/staff being rude but I can honestly say this was not the case when we went. There wasn't a scrap of litter on the floor - litter bins were everywhere. Everything was clean and tidy. We had a great day and only saw one ride in Frontierland that seemed to be shut. A part of Discoveryland was shut due to a new ride being set up but everything else seemed to run smoothly. Yes, there were queues but the longest we queued was for the Neverland ride (which was my favourite) and that was probably half an hour at the most. And if that was a problem we could've taken advantage of the Fastpass system.
A lot of the rides - where descriptions were given ie sometimes in the form of a storybook - were in French but if you don't know the storyline to a Disney story/fairytale then there must be something wrong with you! I don't see the point of complaining about things being in French - we were in France after all.
So - the hotel - a good base for a whistlestop visit to Disneyland. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank BagpussBee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cergy
Novotel Cergy Pontoise
Ibis Cergy Pontoise Le Port
Hotel Campanile Cergy Pontoise
Hotel au Week-End
Hotel au Week-End
#4 of 11 in Cergy
Ibis Budget Cergy Saint Christophe
Ibis Budget Cergy Saint Christop...
#3 of 18 in Cergy-Pontoise
Premiere Classe Cergy Saint Christophe

Been to Mercure Cergy Pontoise Centre? Share your experiences!