We were four persons last weekend, that spent our 2 night at this hotel. We were very disappointed to several things.
- there were NO aircondition. And outside in the shadow it was about 30 degrees. The rooms were too hot, and it was impossible to sleep.
-the second morning, we liked to eat our breakfast outside. The outside terrace were divided in two section. One outside of the restaurant to the streetside. One to the same side, but near the lake. The second one had a sign "closed" - and we understood they could not deliver any service there, but we decided to be our own servants and carry the dishes back after eating.
The place - was the best the Vaakuna hotel could offer after a very too-warm room during night. We sat in the shadow, and enjoyed our meal, and spoke about the wedding we had visited the night before. Then on of the waitresses - showed up, and asked us to move to the other terrace. Because it was forbidden to sit there when it was "closed". Also a person reading a book had to move. We tried to tell her that we vere all grown up over 50 + and we were not drunk - we can swim, and we did not have even the idea to jump in the water. Only we wanted to eat our breakfast and drive 300 km home this second hot day.
She insisted very policiar, or militaryan - that we had to immediately move. I must say this was the last time I wanted to sleep in this hotel. Or in a Vaakuna hotel. The class to handle such things in really under all critics. The Vaakuna could have done much more to keep their guests satisfied and show thrust to their capability to eat at a table set near with other tables near water.
This waitres, did really destroy our feeling of Hämeenlinna, our lust to come again, and we do not think that this staff had a good culture-climate to work, when they had to be rude to clients.
We do not come there again. And for Hämeenlinna this was not good. A small town like this, need all what they can get from tourists.
My true meeing and I do have a bonus card to this hotelchain. I will not use it here. or to Vaakuna again. Never. I was sad and hurted for the rest of the day. If this is the "LaW" we do need to change the stupid rules. We do understand that kind of rules in a night when people are drinking.. but not in a morning for sauber people..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Attractive five story hotel situated lakeside at Vanajavesi; 90 km from Helsinki-Vantaa HEL Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna Hameenlinna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna Hameenlinna Finland/Haemeenlinna