“Cosy, charming, excellent location”
Review of Hotel Alpenland

Hotel Alpenland
Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Lech
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Note; this review is about the alpenland hotel in lech, whereas some of the underneath reviews refer to the alpenland chalet in zug (near lech).

Alpenland is one of the best choices in pretty and stylish lech.
Being a regular vistor of this beautiful skiing resort, a lot of -field and desk- research went into selecting the ideal place to stay.

Service is friendly from the heart. Frau jochum is an excellent host. Rooms are nicely decorated, alpine style, which is typical for the region. Spacious enough, good beds, thanks to the location some with great views and extremely sunny balconies (not a common feature in lech). Location is excellent; Just off the mainroad, quite yet central, max 5 minutes walk to the center, 2 minutes to the nearest skilift. Food is simply delicious, we very much enjoyed each night's dinner; 6 courses, at a tastefully decorated table. Spa area is rather small, towels need to be replaced, but that really are the only downsides i can think of.
Prices are reasonable, if you take into account the general pricelevel in lech, that is.
In short; lech is the right choice if you are looking for a nice, stylish resort. Alpenland a great, charming place to stay. We are already looking forward to go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank robinAmsterdam
There are newer reviews for Hotel Alpenland

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed at the Alpenland for 8 nights. This family run hotel, centrally located in Lech, is wonderfully comfortable, serene and elegant. The owners are warmly welcoming, offering the highest level of hospitality. The food, offered on a half board basis, was consistently superb. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for peaceful, deeply comfortable, and well located accommodations in Lech.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2012

In Hotel Alpenland it's just what you need for a skiing holiday. It's not the 5 * Ritz but it's good food that even my fussy kids (11 and 15) ate without any issues. The people are all friendly however they don't read minds, what I mean is if there's something you need they'll do it with no problems however you do have to ask which brits generally aren't that good at. Rooms clean and functional, bar area clean and traditional to that area, also drinks aren't over expensive. I like and am going again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Thomas Cook
1  Thank Sven_12
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Been staying here for a total of at least five weeks the last 10 years and my experience have been one of consistency.
Professional, considerate and generally just really nice staff.
Clean, classically "alpen" furniture and very comfortable rooms, although the beds might be on the soft side for some. Most rooms have really cool views and terraces to either Omeshorn or Kriegerhorn (mountains).
Breakfast buffet has everything the heart desires and also changes during the week. Furthermore eggs are prepared upon request.
The Dinner menu is fixed and changes daily. Chef is top-notch and so are the ingredients. The Wines are also exquisite (love that Austrian Bella Rex).
Ski storage room works fine. Ski lifts are quite a walk away, but the advanced skiers can ski directly to the hotel using a Ski Route.
Could be cheaper, but yo get what to pay for.
Love this place!

Room Tip: An Omeshorn view is usually very impressive in the morning.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Last time I stayed here (all of three weeks ago) I said I'd like to have stayed an extra night. This time I did. The owner remembered me from my previous visit and asked after my earlier companions, which was a nice touch. The room was, as before, comfortable, well appointed and tastefully decorated. The location was exemplary and staying overnight in the summer lets you get a free pass for the buses, cable cars and chairlifts. My gf, who was sceptical about Austria generally, absolutely loved it. Given the chance, I'd go back tomorrow and stay for a month, I've filed this one firmly under favourites.

The only real downer was the wifi didn't work at all. Laptop, netbook, iphone, Android, whatever - the network didn't even show up. The sheet on my bed was a bit bobbly in places and made for some discomfort at night, though I suspect that was more down to my sunburn than anything else as the gf thought it was fine and I had no such problem on my previous visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eldaifo
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We booked this as an overnight pitstop on a long summer road trip. At the end of the trip we all agreed that it was the one hotel at which we wished we'd stayed an extra night, which is the highest praise I can offer.

There was a little confusion on arrival, as the receptionist seemed a little confused about bookings and my lack of German skills didn't help. Checkout in the morning was a different story altogether, much more straightforward.

The room was absolutely lush and the bathroom the best I had on the trip. It was summer so the restaurant was closed but there was a decent Italian round the corner so we ate there instead. All in all, recommended. I'll be back there in a couple of weeks, looking forward to it.

Only caveat is payment is cash only, cards aren't accepted, which might sting a bit in winter when it's four times the price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2009

We stayed at the Alpenland for, sadly, only one night during the Christmas break. We arrived in town with no reservations which we later found out was a HUGE mistake! Luckily, the Alpenland had a room available that could accomodate us (2 adults, 2 kids), but only for one night. The room was absolutely immaculate and very tastefully decorated.

The hosts were so gracious and went out of their way to find us accomodations for the following two nights. They sent out an 'all points bulletin' looking for rooms and phoned hotels close by. They did manage to find us rooms at the Montfort which was only about 200 m away.

The breakfast and 5 course dinner were also outstanding. This chef would be welcome in any 5 star restaurant in Washington, DC.

Wish we could have stayed longer!!!

I will say that the rooms are expensive by US standards, but we found that to be the norm throughout the Alps during the Christmas holiday week, especially with the abysmal exchange rate.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)