“nice hotel”

Hotel Haldenhof
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Lech
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The town of Lech is stunning !!!! We had booked the largest room in the hotel but were so surprised that they were under the roof with no view . Very tiny windows ! I wish I had asked that question . It was a very clean suite with a good amount of space . One room had a queen bed and the other a twim sized sofa bed . Maybe we have become spoided in the USA but I am 5'9 and had a hard time covering up with a twin sized down comforter !!!! I did ask for a larger one but they do not have that . Thank goodness my husband was not with us . The owners are very nice and the food was wonderful . The hotel is non smoking thank goodness !!!!! We almost choked at some of the other places in Lech . We had a private ski guide that was wonderful . This is the way to go ! . The ski school in Lech and Oberlech were the worst I had ever put my child in . I would strongly advise against it for many reasons . I have a 12yr old girl who very weell behaved and these are not schools set up for non english speaking children .

Room Tip: make sure you know these rooms have small beds with small bedding .
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Michael S, Inhaber at Hotel Haldenhof, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Thank you very much for your coment and your advices.
We are sorry, that you did not have the service provided by ski school you did expect, but unfortunately this is out of our direct influence. We only can assist in arrange bookings and recommend services - so we did recommend you to book a private guide in advance.

Also we take your advise regarding beddings very serious and will adivse that
beddings in general in Europe are smaller and different to the states - a standard bed is 200X90cm in general and Feather duvets are standard as well.
We offer to set beds with blankett and linnen if prefered - a service which probably needs to be highlighted in our hotel information.

During our correspondence and our telephoneconversations we did describe the room combinations we can offer - your choice was the largest room (3rd floor - under the roof) in order to share with your daughter and mother.
Also we will try to improve information service here in advance as well to point out clearly advantages or possible disatvantages.

We hope that we may get another chance in order to show you how beautiful and nice a holiday with us in Lech ist!

Kind regards

Michael Schwärzler

A

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Give credit where credit is due, as the saying goes, and Hotel Haldenhof in Lech deserves the highest praise. We have recently returned from a short holiday and found this ideally situated hotel scrupulously clean with excellent food and very friendly and helpful staff. Everything which is required for a wonderful holiday. We only wish we could have stayed longer but we will certainly make every effort to return.

The owner, Michael, even got up early at 6.30am to bid us farewell and wish us a safe journey home which was a splendid gesture and a nice end to what was probably the best of all our many Austrian Holidays.

We would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

You could spend a fortune and spend a night across the street at the Gasthoffpost, but you should stay here. There is a reason they get so many repeat customers, its because the Haldenhof is family run and that really pays off. Michael (the owner) is there to welcome you when you check in. When you come back from a hard day on the slopes (or off) they have snacks waiting. The spa was redone and is fantastic, the rooms are clean and comfortable (I shared a Junior suite on the back side) and the bar is a great place to relax and socialize with other guests. The prices are reasonable particularly if you book one of their ski packages. The only real detractor is the food, which is usually quite good, but sometimes the chef gets ahead of himself and comes up with unique ways of combining flavors that don't go together (like Blue cheese lasagna).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My group of 5 spent a very enjoyable week in the hotel.
The booking process was really easy - the staff speaking excellent english and coping with some early confusion on bookings, by me, when two other friends decided to stay elsewhere in Lech.
The rooms were very well furnished, spotlessly clean and with very comfortable beds. If anything could be improved it would be the views onto the mountain for our room [but probably demolishing other hotels is not really an option!].
Food was a highlight. The dinners were all very high quality - especially on the Gala Night - so much so that our friends who had booked elsewhere joined us for three evenings.
Wine list was very good; lots of local choices and when the hotal [in the last week of the winter season] ran out of a particularly well thought of rose they ensured they provided an alternative on the following evening.
Service throughout was very attentive. Michael and Claudia should be congratulated on running a very welcoming hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My requirements in a hotel are modest: clean rooms, good food, and treat me as though I matter. All of these occur at the Haldenhof. From the moment of arrival (no struggling with luggage- that miraculously appears in your room after you have been brought a refreshing cup of tea) and a warm welcome from Michael and Claudia, to the lovely dining room, where nothing is too much trouble, you know you are in safe hands.
The week we were there was school holidays, and therefore busy. However, there was never a sense of frenetic activity- just quiet calm competence.
In a place where posh hotels are present in abundance, a hotel which holds family values dear to its heart is to be applauded for picking out the real things which matter. Hardly surprising that many of their guests return year after year.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband, friend and I stayed for the first time at the Haldenhof on the 3rd March 2012 for what we thought was going to be a week. A family owned and run hotel by Michael and his wife Claudia. They with their excellent staff made our stay more than welcome from day one until we left 10 days later. The room was clean, light and spacious with an excellent view from the balcony (see photo's). The food was very good and excellent on both the Gala and fondue evenings. We particularly liked the traditional Austrian feel that the hotel hosted, which is so often lost in the more modern hotels. Unfortunately I had an accident on the third day of the holiday, resulting in my knee having to be reconstructed. However the holiday still was enjoyed to the full despite my incapability’s, which was helped enormously by Michael and his team, where nothing was too much trouble. They provided me with numerous ice packs, organised leg support at the dining table, Michael personally took my in and out of the village, helped with insurance letters and faxes. He and his team organised additional stay at the last minute and then the organisation of alternative accommodation as they were fully booked after our extra 3 days stay. Having spent two nights at an equivalent star hotel before my departure home, this truly made me realise that the friendliness and personal service we all received was above the rest, with even one of the staff coming to say goodbye to me at the other hotel (she was really lovely). So despite my misfortune I really enjoyed my stay and will also have fond memories of the Haldenhof and Lech I hope to return in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank GirlfromYorkshire
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Perhaps we were spoiled by our wonderful January 2012 stay in Zermatt at the similarly priced, 4* Hotel Europe (reviewed elsewhere on tripadvisor), but the Haldenhof in Lech didn't seem to us to merit the lavish accolades bestowed to it here. Certainly the staff is very friendly, but our family suite (the second largest they offer) felt a little poky and in need of an interior redesign; the bedroom was very dark unless we opened the shades to view fifteen feet away the windows of another hotel. The sheets felt a bit rough, and the room was overheated. The new spa is nicely done, but quite small; try sharing the steam room with someone you don't know...The food was fine, but nothing more: the breakfast buffet felt cramped, and did not have the wonderful feeling of largesse we loved in Zermatt; we much preferred our fondue au chinois to our first dinner, which was heavy and lacked imagination. Yes, Lech is very expensive (and very beautiful), but I think better value than the Haldenhof can be found there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view or risk feeling like you're in a fishbowl...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank undertone

Hello!
Thank you very much for your comment and your advices.

We are sorry, that you have not been so happy staying with us. Knowing your problems while you have been staying with us would have been helpful and would have given us a chance to find solutions for you.

Sizes of rooms, spa, etc.are published on our website, but I know we can not compete with "US-Sizes". We just can stay and offer within our posibilities.

It is difficult to find everybodys taste regarding interior and design - Haldenhof has a history and we took over the hotel from our parents and we try to lead the hotel in the future and to improve year by year, but careful without loosing our heart and the ambience many of our visitors like and therefore visit year by year.

We hope that we may host you again in Lech and will do our best to make your next stay enjoyable and happy since we care about our guests holiday!

Michael Schwärzler & Family