“Stunning surroundings, excellent service , the real Austrian experience!”
Review of Gasthof Post Hotel

Gasthof Post Hotel
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Lech
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Post over Easter 2013. The hotel is like stepping into the real Austria , with all the comforts and luxuries that you would expect from a 5* hotel. All the staff are charming and nothing is too much to ask. Food is great- going for half board is a good idea as there are not many fantastic restaurants in lech for the evening. Breakfast in the room is a real must. The spa is fantastic, seems brand new- a massage with Christine is a must after a long day skiing- and the indoor- outdoor pool is fantastic. We stayed in the postmeister apartment with its own open fire and four poster bed- recommended for those who like traditional style- room 28. If you're more into the modern style then go for a room in the extended section of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank SuzieBath

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We visited Lech in the summer, so my review reflects summertime service and pricing. I did not know exactly what to expect of Lech as I was traveling there primarily because we had family friends in the area. The town and surroundings are breathtaking and The Post Hotel itself was exquisite. The service was incredibly polite and attentive; the room spacious and quaint at the same time. As for dining, I actually had room service with my children both nights we were there (they were not excited about formal dinners at 8p.m.) but my parents were very impressed with the food and service in the restaurant. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty.

I stayed in a suite with my parents and two children (my poor husband missed out on the fun.) We had two nice sized bedrooms with spacious closets and a comfortable living room with a small round dining table. The bathroom was large with a gigantic circular tub and a separate glass steam shower. The outdoor pool has an indoor entrance and is heated. There is actually an large glass-walled "lounge" area for the pool that is heated so one can relax near the pool in warmth even when the weather is cool. An in-water sliding glass door that allows guests to move from the enclosed pool entry to the outdoor area.

We got a good nightly rate but I understand winter rates can be exorbitant. I was quoted $15,000 for a two week stay over the holidays for a standard room. If you can afford it, go for it, but if not a summer stay is absolutely lovely and much less expensive.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LanikaiMom
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels. What really sets it apart is the excellent service. The staff know all of the guests by name and really make an effort to make them feel welcome and cater to all of their needs.

They have recently added a new wing of rooms and have refurbished the sauna and pool area. I was worried that this would modernize the hotel too much and it would lose some of its charm. But that definitely is not the case. The rooms are very cozy and there's nothing better than curling up with a book in the Hubertushalle. The bar is also very cozy and comfortable. The outdoor pool with a view of the mountains is also a treat.

The restaurant is fantastic. I had one of the best meals of my life there, Alpenlachs followed by Kalbsleber with an amazing Riesling suggested by Gernot, the sommelier. I would recommend it highly.

My only complaint is the cost. The Post is actually very reasonably priced in the summer but in the winter, it's exorbitant. I recommend going there for a hiking holiday in the summer rather than going during ski season if you are concerned about cost.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Megan S
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We recently stayed at the Post hotel in Lech and we loved every minute of it! The hotel has a nice traditional feel to it. The rooms are spacious with good amenities, the staff are friendly and worked extremely hard to please everyone, attentive and courteous they were always happy to answer to every whim of demand.
There is a good selection at breakfast with fresh fruits and juices. Staff always seemed to notice when food ran out or if we needed another coffee!
Dinner was equally good and absolutely delicious. The thought and preparation gone into preparing the meal deserves a michelin starr!! Top marks for food - it was very nice indeed and we felt like kings and queens with our lavious banquet! The owner greeted guests at dinner time which I thought was nice especially seeing an old man sitting on his own, the owner spent time with him and genuinely seemed to care.

The hotel has a nice spacious spa area with sauna, steam and swimming pool. We thought it was a brilliant idea to have a separate swimming area for kids away from the rest of the crowd.

What makes this hotel outstanding are the little details and thought the hotel has shown/given towards their guests. They pre-warned us about temporary road closures prior to us arriving, they provided free picnic food for hikers which I thought was very considerate indeed and amongst other small things we definately think the consideration this hotel has shown towards their guest deserves the highest marks. If we stay in Lech again, we will definately stay at the Posthotel. An extremely well run hotel making it a great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank travellingmaster
Reviewed March 31, 2010

This hotel has an informal cozy feel, with excellent service. Spacious room, with living area, walk in wardrobe and luxurious bathroom. Great restaurant too. The staff are extremely attentive and friendly. Nothing is too much effort. If you want to relax then this is the place to go.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank lk_2295
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Not only were prices ridiculous, but tea was luke warm. You will be charged the same price (but importantly, not told this when ordering) as you paid for a pot of tea, to have a pot of hot water! In our case €10 per person!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
12  Thank N0j0
Reviewed February 16, 2007

we reserved a room at this hotel (not a particularly cheap one) and once we booked flights - they said they had no room available.

They were unhelpful, rude and lied.

Stayed: February 2007