“It's too bad about the staff...”

Royston Roasting Company and Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Royston
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I thought it was awesome that a coffee shop opened up in our neighbourhood, but unfortunately the staff that works there is unfriendly to say the least. We have tried giving that place numerous chances, but will not go back there anymore. I hope the owner can hire some staff that are friendly, and helpful, because I have also heard this from other people in the community. It would be a shame for her business not to work out. I also noticed that they microwave all of their food.. ruining it for me.

The coffee beans they roast there are very good! We have bought from bags from the farmer's market.

Dyan S, Owner at Royston Roasting Company and Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

I would love for you to return to Royston Roasting and let me make your experience great. We get nothing but compliments on our customer service and friendly, knowledgeable staff and our guest book on our counter is filled with wonderful reviews from customers all over the world. We are primarily a Fair Trade Organic Coffee Roastery, and we have been told often by local residents, our Coffee House Cafe has been a great addition to the neighborhood for healthy, organic, local menu items as well as gluten free and vegan options.. As for your statement "we microwave all of our food" I would love to give you a tour of our commercial kitchen downstairs. I agree often in coffee bars, products can be warmed up for speed and by request. Many of our customers like the fact that we roast our chicken and bake our muffins, cakes, pizzas, etc in our commericial oven which you don't see from the coffee house floor. Will grill our freshly prepared sandwiches on our pannini grill. We are famous for scrambling our eggs on our espresso machine as well as steaming our organic and local soups the same way. Eggs from where I personally know the chickens :) We give tours all the time and would be happy to show you our kitchen as well as our Roastery. As the owner and a local Royston resident myself, your opinion and experience with our business is very important to myself as well as my staff and would welcome any further oportunity to show you around and have you feel welcome and enjoy visiting. Thank you for supporting us at the Farmers Market as well.
Dyan

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were regular visitors at the cafe when we had an extended stay at the Royston guest house in early 2012. ( We were visiting from Australia) The coffee and the hot chocolate were excellent, the staff friendly, and the place has a relaxed and happy vibe. I highly recommend the coffee house and the guest house. The owners, Dyan and Gary are the sweetest people in the Northern Hemisphere!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Royston Roasting Company and Coffee House is not only a great place to stop by for a bite and a great selection of beverages--their coffee is wonderful and the staff is friendly and efficient. They also are GREAT supporters in the community and have helped with many events! Thank you!!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have enjoyed the Royston Roastng Coffee House on our last two visits to the Comox Valley area. Not only is the coffee fantastic, we find the staff to be very friendly. The atmosphere is cozy and I never leave town without grabbing some coffee to take home with me. They have me spoiled!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

When I need coffee, no matter where I am I head to the Royston Roasting Coffee House, it is the best. While I am there, I often pick up my breakfast or lunch, eat it there or have it later, the food is always so good

I have been drinking Royston Roast Dark French for over a year. Usually I get beans but when I travel I bring ground, it is the only coffee I drink now. I have been spoiled by the incredible flavour, mmmm.

Absolutely worth the trip,

Been to Royston Roasting Company and Coffee House? Share your experiences!