“Best breakfast”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Meme is my favourite spot around here for breakfast. My kids love their warm chocolate croissants or nutella crepes. I had the mushroom croquet.

The coffee is lovely. The roast in-house.

I love the decor. Very relaxing and located away from the noise of Victoria Rd. Lovely service but bare in mind Sunday can get crazy around 11am.

Wonderful spot.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Gladesville is fast becoming a restaurant haven, so it's no surprise that Bistro Meme has made a mark as a fine place for French food and wine (photo). It is just off Victoria Road in the main shopping strip.
We went on a quiet night for a birthday dinner, and the group of eight were made to feel at home in a restaurant which can accommodate many diners.
My entree was sardines - a plump fish definitely not from the can - which was very tasty (photo). For mains, the birthday girl and her husband had chateaubriand for two (photo) which they recommend. My wife had Poisson de Jour which was delicious, and I had pork parmentier which was presented like the cliffs meeting the sea in a Monet painting (photo). With a Hermitage from Burgundy, the meals were delicious.
What else but a creme brulee for desert, although I enjoyed an excellent parfait.
Go there for special occasions with a group, or go as a couple - the ever obliging staff will find a place for you.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is a wonderful French restaurant. Have been there for dinner on 4 occasions. A great French Bistro with French speaking wait staff who are very welcoming & friendly. The menu is typical French with lovely flavours & food is served with panache. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The fact the staff all seemed to be French certainly strengthened the feeling this place might have been transplanted from somewhere in France.

Nothing particularly fancy. It is just a bistro.

Ah. It is a French bistro!

The food was good with a real French bistro menu and staff just a little bit more attentive than you would experienced in France.

Loved It! It is a little out of my immediate area but I will certainly be back.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My second time to Bistro Meme and this time with my wife and two daughters (10 & 14).
The atmosphere is lovely and the service is friendly with the accented wait staff attentive but not over bearing. The only difficulty was in choosing which dishes to order ensuring no two people had the same dish. Success with Steak Frites for the 10yo, the lamb rump for the 14yo, the eye fillet of beef for my wife and the spathcock for myself. An extra bowl of frites for the table and ratatouille as the vegetables. The fresh baguette with butter we ordered to get us started came with a serving of two escargot in garlic oil each. The baguette was fresh and warm and almost melt in the mouth. The escargot deliciously garlicky. Our 14yo was brave and had one escargot, while the 10yo was not up to the challenge. More for me.
The mains were absolutely delicious with compulsory sharing across the table. The lamb was cooked to perfection with light crispy crackling. The eye fillet also divine and perfectly complimented by the ratatouille. The spatchcock was moist and flavoursome. Three mains we would definitely order again. The only drawback was the steak frites which was well done (My 10 loves her steak rare). I expect this was done with the expectation that a 10yo would prefer well done. Will advise next time.
Almost as good as the mains were the desserts. The petit fours were freshly made and melt in the mouth. The ice cream and sorbet selection were almost decadent, and the chocolate marquis with white chocolate ice cream was rich and satisfying. The nutella crepe ordered by my 10yo was delicious but had an over abundance of nutella which made it a little rich.
The kids soft drinks were generously sized and the wine by the glass poured in good sized glasses at the table were also generous.
Overall this was a lovely dining experience. As mentioned above the service is attentive by not overbearing. You feel that you can just be yourself and enjoy yourself.
We like this bistro/restaurant as the feel reminds us of our time in Paris and some of the good bistros we visited there.
With drinks, mains and desserts the meal averaged at about $50 a head which for the quality of the food and the dining experience is well justified.
I will certainly be heading back for dinner and I know that my wife loves to revisit for lunches and coffees due to the ambience.

Well done Bistro Meme!