We booked and paid for a refurbished (4*) 1 BR apartment through hotels.com and when we checked in (evening) we found ourselves in a rundown, dirty, disgusting dump. There was no sign of any refurbishment. The carpet, curtains and seats of the 2 dining chairs were stained, walls and furniture were chipped, the kitchenette and sofa were grimy and the bathroom was full of mould. The ridiculous shower curtain was not even wide enough to cover. Being inside the shower you could see behind the washing machine were dirt and grime had piled up since ages. The china and glassware were incomplete. Too bad, when something breaks, guests have to put up with less. As it was too late we could only bring it up with front desk the next morning and they insisted it was a refurbished room. When we asked what they mean by that, they said "new furniture". Well, this was not the case. They also told us they are fully booked. So no room change possible. The front office manager was not available and we sent an SMS to her mobile phone to contact us. She did call back very soon and insisted as well, that this was a refurbished room. When we asked her what she considered to be refurbished, she said "painted walls and a new carpet". This was not the case either. She also said the view is reason for a higher price. (We did not book an unrefurbished apartment with view for a higher price!) Do staff not know which rooms are refurbished and which ones are not or are they just trying to get away with delivering an inferior product for a higher price? She offered to change us over to another room (suddenly it was possible), but we had left already and were not able to come back to pack up and change. She then offered a refund of 30.00 per night which we consider to be the minimum in a situation like that. A written confirmation would be waiting for us at reception. This was not the case. 4 weeks on we are still waiting for hotels.com to credit our account. (2 emails and 2 phone calls from our side to them so far). The experience with this hotel put a real damper on our time in Sydney. We felt ill about the thought of having to go back and spend a second night in this disgusting apartment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Regis Concierge Apartments is located amidst the prestigious yet relaxed village atmosphere of Cremorne – just a few minutes drive north of Sydney’s city centre. Park Regis Concierge Apartments is the perfect base for those who prefer to be just outside the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close enough to enjoy its many attractions.The hotel's city fringe location also gives visitors numerous sightseeing and entertainment options on the North Shore. Visit Taronga Zoo, take a swim at Balmoral or Manly Beach or stroll to picturesque Cremorne Point where you can take a ferry to the city or Mosman Bay. A bus stop is also located at the hotel doorstep providing handy access to the city and nearby beaches.Park Regis Concierge Apartment's proximity to Sydney's financial district makes it an ideal choice for corporate travellers. With some of the guest rooms offering impressive views across famous Sydney Harbour, Sydney cityscape and lower North Shore, relax and unwind in our self-contained studio or one bedroom apartments with air conditioning, television, DVD, mini stereo, WiFi access and full kitchen and laundry facilities. Our hotel lobby and many of our rooms have recently undergone a facelift revealing a modern and fresh look with upgraded facilities for an enhanced stay with us.Kick back in your apartment and enjoy a home cooked meal or dine at the recently refurbished restaurant and bar, complete with pool hall and gaming room, located next to the hotel. There are also many other dining options in the local area and our friendly Reception staff are more than happy to make recommendations.Park Regis Concierge Apartments provides guests with security access and car parking (fee applies). Please note: Car parking is not included or guaranteed with any booking. The hotel has limited car parking spaces therefore car parking has to be pre booked. To secure a car park please contact the hotel directly.When visiting Sydney, Park Regis Concierge Apartments is your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Regis Concierge Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Regis Concierge Apartments Hotel Cremorne
- Park Regis Concierge Apartments Cremorne, North Sydney