“Good honest Thai food in North Sydney”

Papaya Thai Cremorne
Ranked #39 of 61 Restaurants in Cremorne
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We went to this restauarant on a Saturday night priuor to the movies and it wasn't too bad. We had some prawn and fish cakes toi start which were soft and light and then shared a duck with bok choy with a plum sauce and seafood dish. Duck dish was pretty good flavour wise and the seafood dish was OK, the huge prawn stuck on top rather indelicately could have been better presented. We had heard from locals that it was popular and that was certainly true as it was full and there was lots of take-away happening as well. Worthwhile giving it a try.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I used to go to Papaya all the time. The yellow curry is really yummy! I no longer go because I don't live in the area anymore but sometimes I wish I did.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a regular favourite of ours when we need a dose of "Thai" - so different to your normal suburban Thai.
Situated on the corner of the busiest intersection in Cremorne and opposite the Hayden Orpheum cinema, it is wonderful whether you want just a meal or a full night complemented by one of the wonderful movies always showing at the Orpheum.
Whether you want the typical thai such as pad-thai chicken or something more innovative like the prawn fishnet noodles, there is something for everybody.
Always packed so you often have to fight for a table but we often get home delivery and the delivery time is excellent.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at many Thai restaurants in Sydney's north and this in by far the best. Great food, great atmosphere and reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The flavours are just delectable and even though it's more posh than ordinary Thai food in Thailand, I loved the flavours. I wouldn't go often, but it's definitely on my once / twice a years list.