“Clean and comfortable. Pleasant staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Newcastle (Holystone) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Holystone
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Clean and comfortable. Pleasant staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at a Premier Inn for the first time last summer (2011).
This was our fourth P I stay in England and Scotland and the standard of cleanliness, comfort and courtesy was high in all locations.
The rooms don't have AC, and can be too warm in summer. They did provide fans.

Room Tip: For economy, take advantage of special offers and book through Quidco.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
south yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Weve stayed here a number of times and could never fault the hotel or the staff.they are always happy and always willing to help you any way they can.i wouldnt stay in any other hotel near as they have stag hen parties and wouldnt get a perfect nights sleep.if you need anything all you need to do is ask at the reception and they will bend over backwards too help you and to me that makes a big diffrence.ive wrote more reviews about this hotel and never a bad word about the hotel..thanks again to all the staff and merry christmas

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank madmac09
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times previously, the first time we loved it, the second time they kept having power cuts, which admittedly wasn't their fault, and the 3rd time we again loved it. This time we walked into a chilly room, despite the wall controls saying it was 23 degrees. No matter how many times we tried to switch the heating on, it would click on, then straight off again, and it would say it had reached the maximum 23 degrees. I would have put the temperature at more like 15 degrees. It wasn't exactly freezing cold, but it was too chilly to be comfortable. I went down to reception and was immediately handed a plug in heater, so I got the impression it's a problem they are having there. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, although the bathroom didn't smell all that fresh, despite it appearing to be spotlessly clean, which was strange. The wifi was very weak, as we have found on previous visits, so we didn't bother to pay for any extra. There is also very poor phone signals there, which keep disappearing. The first night we heard no noise at all, but the second night we could hear people walking around until quite late above us, and the following morning housekeeping were hoovering and banging around above us from around 8am, which woke us. I didn't find the staff to be as friendly as they've been in the past, and wondered if that was because we got our money back in May when they kept having power cuts. I hope that is not the case, as I don't want to be labelled a troublesome customer. However, they were courteous and did their job. We previously had a lot of problems with the restaurant, and were reluctant to use it again, but decided to give it a go, and it was better, although still not somewhere I'd choose to eat. 3 of us had the festive fayre meal which was quite nice, but the veg was oddly cooked and it was impossible to tell what was what. The starters and desserts were lovely though. My daughter had a sharing platter which she had to return, as it was overcooked and inedible, but the replacement was ok, and she wasn't charged for it. I think I have previously scored this hotel higher, but on this occasion it wasn't the best. I'm not sure I'd go again, as like I said, the reception staff seemed to be a bit off with us, which made us feel uncomfortable, and I think we've got ourselves a bad name for complaining about the power cuts back in May, which is a shame.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband, two sons and 8 other friends stayed there for one of my son's stag nights. My husband signed the T&C's and a week after they stayed there he got a letter to say that the hotel had taken £200 from his credit card as in two of the rooms some of the guys had been smoking. We agree that they shouldn't have done this but a courtesy phone call first to advise my husband of this would have bee a better way of handling this. Also when it is a 'bulk booking' for either a stag of he do then people should be made to sign the T&C's individually and leave a credit card imprint rather than someone innocent like my husband having to pay the penalty! It might also be an idea to check rooms before people check out as we only have the hotels word for what happened - so beware DON'T STAY AT PREMIER INNS unless you get the details sorted out first

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Newcastle (Holystone) Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guest have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. Your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by both our Customer Services Team and the Management team at this hotel.

Once again thank you for your review we do hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Just had a three night stay at this Premier Inn, no problems at all other than the room I was in (number 67) being a long walk from reception, only 2 rooms further away. So some advice, don't load yourself up too much with cases, and clothes Etc. when you arrive, find your room first then go back and fetch your belongings. Apart from that, the usual good sized, clean rooms, with the advantage of a large flat screen TV on the wall.
As usual though, the hotel is let down by the adjacent Table Table Pub/Cafe, I intentionally used the word "Cafe", and not restaurant, as this is frankly how I see it.
Breakfast was OK, but the evening meal was a bit of a train crash, grossly understaffed, quick to get you to a table so that you are captive, then nothing for a long while. When someone does appear they go into the long speech of what they DON'T have on the menu, but this seems to be becoming the norm for these Premier Inn attached pubs lately. The fist night I had the lamb rump, this was quite nice, but nowhere worth the price charged of almost £14.00. Having finished my meal, I waited, and waited, and waited, you have got the idea by now, for someone to come to the table so that I could request the bill, this happened eventually, only to be told to go to the bar and pay it.
The second evening was even worse, having gone through what they didn't have available again, the waitress suggested the festive menu. This looked OK, so I went for the Turkey with the supposed trimmings. I was then asked if I would like to pay extra for a yorkshire pudding, as this was not included in the price !!!!!, however, I agreed to the additional cost. The meat was good, and the yorkshire pudding, at an extra cost, was also Ok, but as for the rest of it, well, where do I start, the roast potatoes appeared to be fryed rather than roasted, or were the type you get in a TV dinner, soft with no taste, the vegetables were straight out of the microwave, and the Brussels Sprouts looked as though they had just been retrieved from a waste bin. They were a dirty black colour, as hard as stones, and simply inedible. I expressed my concerns, and was told "I will pass your comments onto the chef", whatever good that was going to do, as the folloing night I saw the same standard of quality being served to other customers. Unfortunately, where the hotel is situated there is little alternative but to eat in the pub. Should I ever go to this hotel again, which I doubt because of the CAFE food, I will take lots of sandwiches, and snacks to eat instead of using the pub. Be warned !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Request an upstairs room, then you don't have to suffer the creaking floors from the room above...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

What a great little hotel. I really like Premier Inns and have never been disappointed yet.
This one has it all, a great location, close to Newcastle and Whitley bay, friendly staff, clean, comfortable and the pub next door provided good food for dinner and breakfast.
This is never going to be world class, but for sheer value and really decent accomodation you can't go wrong.
I absolutely recommend this place - its just great!

• Stayed November 2012
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

My partner and I have stayed in this hotel on more than several occasions this year as we have friends who stay nearby.

The staff are probably the most helpful and pleasant people I have come across in any hotel. They go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one.

The hotel in itself is spotless and the beds are soooooooooo comfortable.

The area in itself is really good with plenty of choice of restuarants and pubs within a short distance of the hotel.

I would recommend the Sunday lunch at the Killingworth Arms, you won't get better food or better value for money.

We will be back.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker as for a room close to the reception area as it can be a bit of a maze.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holystone
Village Hotel Newcastle
Village Hotel Newcastle
#31 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,910 reviews
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/Cramlington Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/C...
#14 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Premier Inn North Shields (Ferry Terminal) Hotel
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth...
#24 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Premier Inn Ashington Hotel
Jesmond Dene House
Jesmond Dene House
#3 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,062 reviews

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle (Holystone) Hotel? Share your experiences!