“Not very flexible or accomodating...”
Review of Anglers Rest Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brooklyn
Anglers Rest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2014

A group of 8 of use went there for lunch last Sunday. When we went up and ordered our meal one of my friends only wanted something light and asked whether she could just have "mashed potato and gravy as her meal and was told no !!!! - although there were 2 dishes that had it as a part of it (Sausages, mashed potato & Gravy and Pie, mashed potato & gravy). She decided to just have a coffee (more on that later...)
My wife had the "audacity" to ask for the flathead, chips and salad, but with the salad separate - WOW the look she got from that request!!!!!
Well 7 of us eventuall got our meals - but no coffee - had to go back and request that.....
A little customer service can go a long way to encourage repeat business - we wont be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Gezza666

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Our group of 9 had organised a lunch at the Anglers Rest Hotel.

There are three areas, where you can dine, under the umbrellas, on the Hotel forecourt, or in the undercover area, or dining room.

A comprehensive Blackboard menu provided a substantial variety of choices.

You order and pay at the Dining Room Desk.
Drinks are obtained from either the Bottle Shop, or the Hotel Bar, adjacent to the Forecourt.
Prices were most reasonable, not the usual marked up restaurant pricing.

All our 9 meals were delivered at the same time.
My Wife chose the Barramundi Fillet, with Potato Chips.
She was delighted with the meal and commented that the Chips were to die for.

My choice was the Seafood Plate.
This Plate came with Oysters Natural, King Prawns, and Blue Swimmer Crab. Accompanied with adequate lemon slices, tatare sauce, and assorted fruit slices, fresh pineapple, rock mellon, kiwi fruit and orange slices.

The Oysters were large, fresh, plump, and Superb.
The Prawns were truly King Prawns, approximately 25mm in diameter, the heads Snapped off, the legs and shells stripped off smoothly, while the shelled prawn released easily from the tail with a little squeeze.
The Prawn meat was crisp, with the slight taste of salt water, Absolutely Devine.

I then attacked the Blue Swimmer Crab.
Crab is a taste favourite of mine, this one was amongst the Best I have eaten, comparable to those I had caught and cooked myself.
The legs and claws had some resistance to being removed, but all revealed devine, fresh,sweet, moist, meat. Unlike other Crabs i have bought where the Claw and Leg Meat was dry, withered and tasteless.
The body and leg junctions, were equally as tasty.
This was perhaps the most enjoyable Seafood Plates I have ever had, and at only $35.00.
Like General MacArthur, "I will return."

Others in the Party had, the Barramundi, two had the Giant T Bone Steak, and one had the Chicken.
All enjoyed their Meal, though I must admit I was too busy enjoying mine I didn't have a lot of time to pay too much attention to them.

The Restaurant was full, and a pleasant Vocal/guitarist providing pleasant entertainment, with a series of the old sing along and Sinatra era songs.

I see that there have been some adverse comments on the Food Experience at the Anglers Rest.
I don't know if there has been any staff changes, but I can only comment honestly on our experience, it was more than "Good" it was "Excellent".

If our Daughter had not arranged for Mothers Day Lunch, at her place, I would have taken our family back to the Anglers Rest. I was that impressed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Septamus_37
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Today we ate at the Anglers Rest. It was a Thursday latish lunch. We waited for 40 minutes to receive our meal. We had ordered a Fishermans Basket - being assured that the fish, calamari and prawns were fresh and local. The meal was without exception the most tasteless we have ever eaten,with the exception of Jewfish pieces which did at least taste like fish. Even the chips were totally flavourless. All pieces were overcooked, just warm and saggy as though the meal had waited on a counter for some time. It was not a meal that we enjoyed or finished and we will certainly never be returning to that hotel. It is a shame as Brooklyn, from the Expressway, looks like an interesting place to make a side trip. I would suggest to any would be cafe or bistro type dreamers - here is an opportunity just waiting to happen.
Very disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Meg B
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to the bistro at the Anglers Rest today. It was about 1.30pm so the main lunch rush had finished. The area was still fairly bust but not jam packed... We didn't expect a mammoth wait for food though.
Waited 50 mins for garlic bread, and 1 hrs 30 mins for 2 x fish ‘n’ chips and a chicken schnitzel!
The wait was unacceptable, and when the food arrived it was below average-crumbed fish cooked to death and battered fish had absorbed so much oil! And bad chips..
Very disappointing service. We did complain & our order was 'rushed through' but we didn't even get a free drink whilst we waited.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Amanda51
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Thankful I found a bed at this hotel. Pleasantly surprised. Management welcoming & helpful. Second floor bedrooms. Freshly painted & carpeted. Room consisted of double & single bed. Hard base and foam mattress.Small refridgerator.Table with electric jug. Snug but adequate. Share Male & Female Bathrooms across the corridor. Very private & tastefully renovated. Brooklyn is a delightful town on the Hawkesbury and the hotel a much loved venue for meals drinks TAB & entertainment.Stayed Saturday night. Music went off at 11. Recommend breakfast at Delish@twelve cafe.

Room Tip: Cost $90 per night I considered this a little overpriced I usually pay $60-$75 for pub accommodation...