“Upwardly Mobile”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://www.eatability.com.au/au/sydney/life-boat-seafoods
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have read several of the reviews and feel my views lie somewhere in between. I started going to Lifeboat about 6 years ago. My experience here has never been the same. Sometimes I think the servings are generous and well worth the price tag and other times I have been served a pile of chips with little fish. The seafood is fresh and tasty. The service is inconsistent. Sometimes it comes with a smile and other times it is thin on the ground and a bit icey. Somehow all this tends to be part of the experience. The decor which has, over the years, been slightly upgraded in the alfresco dining, continues to offer a level of charm and old worldlyness. The spot is quite pleasant and even though you can't see the water you have a sense of it being quite near. You tend to have to grab what you need, glasses etc although it is BYO so this is a saving. I will be heading back there again just to see what happens!

1  Thank KCBal

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had an excellent meal here on Friday. The seafood platters were very fresh and perfectly cooked. The staff were helpful and friendly, and service was good. We had such a relaxed and delicious lunch - I would thoroughly recommend this seafood restaurant. The drive to Brooklyn was also pleasant, and the experience of taking a water taxi ride on the Hawkesbury topped off a beautiful day!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been here numerous times and never been disappointed.
It is quite expensive but is very fresh.
They are charging restaurant prices but you have to get your own drinks and sauces.
We had great service from 1 waitress, but other service was quite unfriendly (Possibly the owner).
I do agree with other reviews that for the price I would at least expect to be served drinks.
However, I will continue to eat here as it is a lovely spot and fantastic food.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just an update on my last Lifeboat review from October 2012.
Hired a house on the Hawkesbury River at Wobby Beach for a big birthday celebration in January with family and friends, had Lifeboat cater for lunch on the Sunday and what fabulous food it was and so much, everyone loved it, they delivered the food by boat to the house, honestly the staff here are fantastic and nothing was too much for them while we were organising it. A great day made even better thanks to the lovely food and great staff at Lifeboat.

Also in my previous review i forgot to fill out the rating section which i will do here this time.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is just a cafe, not a restaurant ... And you place orders at the counter and help yourself to drinks from the fridge, then take a seat at one of the picnic tables in the small courtyard and they bring you the food. The seafood is local and fresh (as it should be on the Hawkesbury River), batter is lights no crisp, chips are good and salad is great (and they have grilled options as well). Servings are large and service is friendly and obliging. They even have a couple of decent wines in the fridge. We eat here every year on an annual pilgrimage to the river .... It's not cheap, but cheap fish and chips are usually frozen, imported fillets in thick stodgy batter cooked in cheap oil with sad lettuce leaves .... This is the real deal. Pay a few extra dollars and see how good fresh Aussie seafood can be.

2  Thank RobertaSydney