“Consistently good for seafood”

Morans Oyster Cottage
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Kilcolgan
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Moran's Oyster Cottage Seafood Restaurant Galway, The Weir, Kilcolgan, Co. Galway, is a traditional thatched cottage that dates back over 250 years. Today Morans is run by the 7th generation of the Moran family in the business. It is renowned the world over for its superb seafood and Galway oysters which attracts people from the five continents, and is open all year round
Galway
“Consistently good for seafood”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I visited Morans with friendly recently. Down through the years since 1970, I have dined here from time to time. Management changed, extensions were added to cater for more customers, but one thing which has not changed is the high quality of the seafood platter, the homemade brown bread, the good taste of guinness And selection of good white wines. We had an excellent meal, and I will be back again.

• Visited March 2014

• Polish first
limerick
“Organic salmon just melts in the mouth.”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stopped by for an evening meal in this lovely establishment. Had organic salmon and crab meat salad. Was delicious. Friendly and efficient staff.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank John L
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“The best seafood I have ever had!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The last time I visited Morans was over 20 years ago. It was brilliant then and it is remains fantastic now (October 2013). I have never tasted oysters as fresh and delicious as here. I was further impressed by how well my gluten free diet was catered for. I have never had proper fish and chips before due to having coeliac disease but not only was I served with a generous serving of cod in a gluten free light and crispy batter with dill but also home made gluten free soda bread. I certainly won't leave it 20 years before my next visit. Great food, excellent service and a dash of nostalgia.

• Visited October 2013
St.Ives
“Coffee Break !”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Went here on the way from Galway to Athlone, heard about it from a fishing programme on tv. When we arrived the restaurant was closed, but while looking around the owner came out & asked if he could help. When I explained why we came he said to come inside & made us all coffee with biscuits, he couldn't do enough for us. It's in a lovely area & will go there again if in the vicinity.

• Visited March 2013
Fullerton, Ca, USA
“Another wonderful experience - 20 years later!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We dined here twenty years ago on our first trip to Ireland. It was such a memorable experience, that we went out of our way to dine here again on our most recent trip to Ireland. It did not disappoint - oysters, garlic crab claws, lobster were fantastic-- excellent service, wonderful host and great atmosphere. We even dined in the same room, same table - and old photos show that things haven't changed at all (except for the shade of the paint on the walls) in this section of the restaurant!

• Visited February 2014