“great value for Noosa”
Review of Anchor Motel

Anchor Motel
Ranked #3 of 19 Noosa B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've stayed here in the past and always found it clean and comfortable at an affordable price for this part of the world. I recently stayed here for two nights in August 2013 and it's still a great place to stay. Rooms are large, bed comfortable, bathroom clean, little noise from the road. I didn't use the pool but it looks very nice. The Anchor Motel is located away from Hastings St and Gympie Terrace so you probably need a car, or use the bus service to get to these areas. There are a few shops, including a Thai restaurant, a little further up Weyba Road. Highly recommended and I look forward to another return visit to one of my favourite places in Australia.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here for x2 nights in July, family of 5. My two sons (22 & 20) had their own room with queen beds, whilst my wife and I share our room with our 16yr old daughter, where we had two queen beds also. Excellent value as only cost us around £35pp per night.
The rooms were spotlessly clean, with TV, fridge, towels, iron & board all provided. Car parking facilities are first class, as literally outside the rooms. Only slight negatives, were the noise from the road and the nursery next door.
However, Roger provided a warm welcome and I would have no hesitation in staying here again, which I would hope to do so, because Noosa is such a beautiful town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had a short notice trip to Noosa for work, and struggled to find anywhere that had a one night minimum, and was reasonably priced - until I found this place online.
They were phenomenal! The rate was ONE THIRD the "special discount rate" at the conference hotel - and the room was lovely!! They looked either newly refurbished or just very well maintained, and exceptionally clean. The staff were so helpful, fit me in at last minute, they knew I was there on business, so when I arrived they pointed out everything I'd need (but did it quickly, they knew I had to race out straight away - but I left with a cab number and map, and a couple of quick hints for late night takeaways etc). I ended up having to stay two nights, and again, the managers were so accommodating, room was freshly cleaned and made ready for my second night (a nice and unexpected surprise to return to at the end if the night!).
Most places I stay at for work are the big five star resorts, but I just can't recommend the Anchor Motel enough - for the price, there's no way you'll beat the friendly service and great rooms - I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is the best value motel in the greater Noosa area. in fact it beats many flash apartments and hotels too. The rooms are large as are the bathrooms. The quality of fit out is great, great pool, easy parking, and the people are very friendly and helpful.

We spent two nights here and then stayed a further night as we just loved the room and bed so much.
The Free WiFi is fast, the showers large and powerful, Huge flat screen TV, cable channels, nice linen, tidy gardens and it has a BBQ area as well.

Location is central to Noosa heads, Noosa sounds, Noosa East Beach. Just 5 mins to anywhere.

This is also a great base to stay for day trips to Hervy Bay, Maroochydore and many other areas.

We looked hard at this area as we are fussy and we found a real gem. As for the road noise, mentioned by another reviewer, well this Noosa not downtown LA. We found it very quite.

This is great value. Don,t muck about just book it.

Room Tip: The King bed rooms have fantastic beds but all looked very good.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Argamemnon
Reviewed April 23, 2013

One night stay, the staff was really nice and helpfull, lovely swimming pool, small, but had a great time. The room was big, nice furniture and balcony, view in the river, we had a really nice stay, really good value for the size of the room, and it was clean, very clean:)!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marine P
Roger G, Manager at Anchor Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your comments and hope we see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Noosa is a nice place for lazy days at beach or a day trip to Fraser Island.
The beach is too far away from the motel for walking in flip-flop slippers, so bike or bus recommended.
Clean room and comfortable beds but somewhat noisy room due to traffic outside and stone floor.
Our visit was in mid februari and low season, very few guest during our stay, so maybe the room price little higher what you expect.
Somewhat awkward was the No vacancy sign was lit every evening on the street, even if most rooms vacant!
You get what you pay for at Anchor Motel, not less, not more.
The newly reopened thai takeaway nextdoor was really good, recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raimo K
Roger G, Manager at Anchor Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Its pleasing to see you found your room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Like most motels, the Anchor is located on a reasonably busy road however traffic in Noosa dies down dramaticaly after 6:00PM.

Your comment about the no vanacy sign is confusing given it is only a small part of the motel signage that identifies we are here. The same amount of light comes off our sign whether or not we have vacancies. All of our rooms are fitted with the block-out curtains to darken the room if needed.

The Anchor Motel offers some of the best priced accommodation in Noosa and for most of our guests, excellent value for money.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Room was really clean and had fridge, kettle, toaster and microwave. Reception very friendly and helpful. Short walk to restaurants but further to main Hastings street. Only downside was whatever Austar channel I put in didn't work but wasn't there to watch tv anyway! Would recommend no problem.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your kind words and for your recommendation.

I wish you had called me about the Austar, its a simple click on the remote and you are not the first person to need help. From now on I'll make sure we explain it to everyone as they check in.