“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
Review of Rock Salt

Rock Salt
Ranked #18 of 334 Restaurants in Noosa
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Simple Pleasures - Welcome to Rock Salt Noosa, a modern Australian restaurant located in Quamby Place, Noosa Sound. Since opening our doors in 2005, Rock Salt has earned many praises from critics and has been charming diners with our bistro fare.
bundaberg
“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was a little apprehensive when told we were going to a restaurant with spectacular food but and unusual location in Noosa. Glad to say I was pleasantly surprised!

Friendly staff. The BYO option meant we could bring along a few bottles of our favorite! And the food............. The food was nothing short of incredible!

I can highly recommend the Moreton bay bug Ravioli and the Duck...

If you a re looking for an exceptional night our with a great atmosphere in Noosa then give this place a try!

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and amazing food”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were a little tired after a big day touristing and just wanted a nice quiet place to eat close to where we were staying. Stumbled across Rock Salt as it was right across the road from where we were staying. We ended up eating there again the next night as nowhere on Hastings Street took our fancy. Will go back again next time we are at Noosa.
Waiter was attentive and always chose appropriate times to clean up, ask questions etc.
Food was very tasty and cooked perfectly. Wagyu steak melted in your mouth, Crispy duck also perfectly cooked and had a beautiful tasting sauce, Fish of the day grilled perfectly, Veal special was amazing. Desserts were huge, but tasted great - Creme brûlée was delightful - one of the best I've ever had, chocolate mousse was superb, peach tarte amazing, mocha and date pudding very tasty.
Prices are very reasonable for food of this quality, I can't wait to book another holiday to Noosa just so I can go back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Treasure - superb!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We discovered Rock Salt because we were staying across the road and loved it so much we went two nights in a row. The food was incredible, had the Wagyu which was succulent and mouth watering and second night had the veal which equalled it. Thoroughly recommend entree and dessert also. Service was brilliant, fast and so friendly. Felt so welcome and was an amazing experience. Forget Hastings Street, go to Rock Salt - 10/10!!!

1 Thank Eric O
Canberra, Australia
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I nearly cancelled mg booking when I realised Rocksalt wasn't like so many restaurants in the area and didn't have water frontage or views. I am so glad I didn't as we had an exceptional meal in lovely surroundings. The duck was delicious as was the daily fish special and the beef. We had two vegetable dishes that were delicious. A bonus being BYO!

“Sensational Menu & Service”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

A friend recommended Rock Salt for us to take interstate guests to and as a local I can't believe we'd never discovered this absolute treasure. The menu was sensational, so many wonderful choices it was hard to select so in the end I allowed the waiter to choose between a couple of options I'd narrowed down in each course and i wasn't disappointed. For entree the lamb ribs were so good we got a second serve so everyone could have a taste. The duck was without doubt the best I've ever eaten anywhere in the world... crispy skin with succulent, melt in the mouth meat. Not only was the food fantastic but the waiters were exceptional. Just the right balance of professionalism and humour... they were really brilliant and added to what was a memorable night. I'd highly recommend Rock Salt.. you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014