“The most disappointing meal of our holiday”

Sails Beach restaurant
Ranked #16 of 357 Restaurants in Noosa
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Sails had the reputation of being one of the best at Noosa so we left our visit there until our last night. We were disappointed with almost every aspect of the evening and had many meals at other Noosa restaurants which were far superior and much cheaper. The staff were aloof and had much more important things to do than to look after their diners. The food was very ordinary and significantly overpriced for what we received. We are regular diners at white table cloth restaurants but none have failed to impress in at least one of the components such as service or food whereas Sails was wanting in almost every area

Write a ReviewReviews (1,333)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I had the most beautiful evening at Sails. The food was magnificent, the setting was perfect and our waitress was lovely. Upon leaving, she gave us the bill. We said thanks for everything and then went to the counter to pay. We noticed that the waitress had given us the wrong bill so I mentioned this to the main waiter, manager, owner, or whoever he was, standing at the cash register. He called the waitress over and proceeded to tell her off for giving us the wrong bill. Honest mistake from her and a major mistake from him. It made him look like fool. Thankyou darling girl for your service, and whoever you are, you should be ashamed. Sorry, that's the end of my rant.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Heading says it all basically. Can be not so expensive if you are careful but we treated ourselves to a dusk experience with a beachside front table. Staff are also pretty good. Feels far more away from hustle an butle than the other beachfront restaurants further down. Front tables are almost like being under a big beach umbrella. Food has been consistent on our visits over the years which is crucial at this price

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I'd always heard many great things about Sails and decided to try it out myself. I was not let down. The food was absolutely amazing and the views were even better. Although it's quite expensive, so is the rest of Hastings Street. The only thing that let it down was that I found the service to be somewhat lacking as our waiter seemed fairly disinterested. But, then again it could well have been an off night as I've only ever heard good things about the service there.

Overall, this is a beautiful restaurant and a must try. Try and get in before sunset so you can enjoy the view at its best.

1  Thank caydos
Reviewed January 18, 2014

So many delicious items on the menu it was hard to choose. Both my husband and I decided on an appetisers and an entree which ended up being perfect for a lighter lunch. All four dishes winners for our tastebuds. The staff were friendly and attentive but not intrusive. Being located right on the beach is the icing on the cake so to speak, just beautiful.