“Excellent food, great staff and superb ocean views”

Sails Beach restaurant
Ranked #15 of 355 Restaurants in Noosa
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have eaten at Sails many times and it's always been my favourite spot in Hastings St, Noosa. The food is of a high standard using excellent produce and there are some standout dishes. The toothfish entree was top class. Main of moreton bay bugs was also very good and the side dishes are creative and delicious. Desserts were all very good as well - the chocolate pudding melts in your mouth.

The staff are extremely well-trained, personable and efficient, and there is "no attitude" which makes it a great fun vibe.

Of course, the location overlooking the main beach is superb. Best time to go there is lunchtime or before it gets dark for dinner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,320)

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

After living in Noosa for 12 years, it was finally time to try Sails. I was always under the impression it was over priced and wait staff snobby.
First time I tried it they had billed us incorrectly and decided to charge my card with $180 PRIOR to calling me to advise they had made an error. I let that slide.
Next weekend took my parents for Dads birthday. We told them it was Dads birthday and they said if he ordered desert they'd organize some candles and sing. After dinner Dad declined desert. However when another deser came to the table, they had organized a nice (small) piece of cake and everyone sung.. Such a lovely gesture. Until I saw the bill.. They charged us $17 for something we didn't order! Unfortunately I didn't notice this until after we left..
Needless to say 2 poor experiences back to back mean it may be another 12 years till I come back. Which is a shame as the food was great...

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was excited to see the sustainably caught Glacier 51 Toothfish on the menu, asked the waitress (she said it was good, but later admitted she hadn't tried it because it was so new on the menu) and it was AMAZING! Go there. Eat Toothfish. Enjoy. I also had a steak which was great, and the chocolate fondant, which was exceptional. The location is superb, the service was very attentive and we had a fantastic meal there. Would return.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our wedding reception over lunch at Sails on Friday. Simply stunning. The venue is just amazing, best at lunch in my view. Food was delicious as we have experienced many times before. Service was fantastic. thanks Iben and team, we cannot wait to return.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We attended my sister-in-laws wedding here.

Great position on the beach.

The staff and their service was excellent.

They made sure we always had a drink and the food was delicious and lots of it too.

Only negative was the toilets are a good walk up and down stairs at the back of the restaurant.

1  Thank Enb2013