“Mouthwatering experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Season Restaurant

Season Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 332 Restaurants in Noosa
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Victor Harbor, Australia
“Mouthwatering experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Wonderful place to have a meal either for lunch or dinner. Coupled with the great ocean views, the restaurant produces magnificent meals. Staff are friendly and go out of their way to please you. Would give it 6 stars if I could.

• Visited May 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Amazing food, service and approachability of staff mixed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is a great little restaurant where if you were walking along Hastings St, would easily miss if you didn't know to look for it down a lane. It has shade for the hotter days, and a great view of the main beach at Noosa, and is privately located.

We were staying next door at Tingirana, and were able to order from their "pool side menu", and have it delivered to our table by the pool.

When approaching the staff, they didn't appear to be terribly approachable - it was almost as if I was intruding on their planned activities preparing for the lunch rush (I got there around midday). When I asked for the pool menu, I couldn't see any children's meals and was a bit stuck as to what options were available, and did mention that I wasn't sure what to order. I interacted with 3 different staff members, and for whatever reason it appears that there was a level of impatience whilst I tried to identify what meals would be appropriate for children. It wasn't until I specifically asked for a children's menu, that one of the staff had to rummage around in a cupboard to find them.

I finally ordered, choosing for our family the children's (beer battered) fish and chips and chicken schnitzel (they don't serve nuggets); and for us we chose the moroccan lamb burger, pickled cucumber, baby gem lettuce, smoked labneh, fresh tomato served with onion rings, and the coconut & lemongrass braised beef short ribs, herb salad, four flavoured sauce, roasted rice, with a side pear and rocket salad.

I then had to ask for drinks as well (the staff didn't ask me), and so from a service point of view I was a bit disappointed. I am unsure if it was because we were ordering from the pool menu, or they were having a bad day (the restaurant appeared to be half full). It just seemed that our order was inconvenient to the the staff for some reason.

When the meal arrived, the waitress couldn't be more accommodating (a stark contrast from the earlier experience in the restaurant) - she brought the meals to our pool table, helped set it up, and was friendly and made sure that everything was ok.

I had the Coconut and Lemongrass Braised Beef Shortribs, and I have to say it was one of the best meals I have eaten recently. The flavours were fresh, light, and the beef literally fell off the bone. I would love to know how to make the four flavoured sauce as it was to die for... this has been a stand out dish for me, having dined out extensively in the past month. The serving was generous, and the pear and rocket salad a good accompaniment. I would go back to Seasons for this meal alone!

The Moroccan burger was full of flavour and again a generous (though not too large) service. The onion rings were in a light batter and not too oily. The kids didn't particularly like their meals terribly much (kids can be fussy), however they did enjoy the chips and sauce (a sure favourite).

The mixed experience of the approachability and treatment of the staff was a a let down, and I am unsure if they were just having a bad day, or if it was because I was not dining in the restaurant proper. I would be willing to go back and try dining in - for the braised beef short ribs alone - however must say that the initial experience with staff was disappointing as the food is great.

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place summer or winter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Tucked in a lane between Hastings Street and the beachfront, this restaurant has everything...beach views, pleasant and efficient staff and great food. We had the pan fried barramundi and lamb tagine as mains. Both came with vegetables included though there was scope to order (unnecessary) additional sides. Both dishes were beautifully cooked and served with accompaniments that complemented rather than competed with the fish and the lamb. The pear tarte tartin and the daily special creme caramel were also excellent. Service was prompt but un-rushed. Prices were in line with others in Hastings Street ie a little high, but the food was definitely worth the price. Wine prices by the glass were however a bit high though and choice was limited but good. I'd recommend booking especially in the holiday season. We visited in winter when the beach view was limited....in summer it would be stunning. We will certainly return.

Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful food and service at wonderful beachside location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We as a party of 2 couples dined here on a Saturday evening the other week and absolutely loved it. Cocktails, wines, entrees, mains, desserts, for all 4 of us were superb as was the attentive friendly service.
The night time view of the floodlit beach watching the surf roll in was idyllic. Definitely recommended

Esk, Australia
“Great meal , Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Dinner at Season was a very pleasant experience . The location on the beachfront at Noosa is excellent although more likely to be fully enjoyed by breakfast and lunch patrons.
The menu is reasonably simple but offers something for everyone .
The wine list , similarly is comprehensive but not huge and features several good wines by the glass.
Service is good and the staff went to some trouble to accommodate us evet though we had not made a reservation.