“All bad. Price, location and customer relations.”

Noosa Pacific Riverfront Resort
Ranked #36 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Redcliffe, Australia
“All bad. Price, location and customer relations.”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

From the moment we booked on the phone with the rude manager to the moment we left at the end of our 2 day stay, we were disappointed with this establishment. We should have read the reviews before we booked.
We booked a room supposedly near the restaurants of Gympie Terrace, right on the beach at Munna Point and a short walk to Hastings Street. It was a drive to Gympie Terrace and Hastings Street and the beach is a small patch of white sand crowded with the jetty and water craft. We went for a short walk and felt as if we were trespassing.
We also expected that we were booking a room with a view of the water. What we got was a 'garden' room which faces away from the water and over to the caravan park at the back. There were signs that told us we could not use the facilities of the other part of the complex - the ones with views that obviously more important people were permitted to enjoy. This is despite having paid top dollar and expecting everything that was advertised on the web site. Even our car space was very poor and almost impossible to manouvre into.
Then there's the signs in the unit: do this, don't do that, if you leave anything unwashed in the kitchen we will bill you, if you don't take all the rubbish down we will bill you, etc. We felt as if we were expected to vaccum clean and wash the windows or we would be billed. On top of the signs, we awoke on our morning of departure to find a note under the door again telling us if we did not wash everything up and take the garbage down we would be billed extra. My wife and I are very clean and we always leave our accomodation in very good nick so this was an insult to us.
No tissues supplied in the unit (the first time we have ever struck this). The toilet paper is so cheap and fine it has to be folded many times so it can be used without breaking. The shower head was broken from the wall. The TV remote did not work properly and we could not get the cable TV for 1/2 of out stay. The patio has never been cleaned. Sand everywhere.
All in all, very poor and an unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Wynnuman
BaliAngel90, Manager at Noosa Pacific Riverfront Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Classic Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget

. As the manager of Noosa Pacific Resort I read all reviews posted on various websites, take on board all constructive criticism and implement changes if possible but I have never before directly replied to a review as I believe one is dealing with individual guests expectations and everyone has differing levels of expectation.
However related to this review I feel bound to make a reply if for no other reason than in fairness to our 99.92% satisfied guests in the last 12 months.
We have invested a great deal of time and money in our website in recent years to portray our resort as realistically as possible and have been complimented numerous times by guests that it has lived up to or exceeded their expectations and that what you see on the website is what the resort is actually is like.
I make the following further comments on this review
1) If as he states that he found that the manager to be rude from moment of his initial phone call why did he continue with the booking, as this was a last minute booking and the guest was arriving within 24 hours no holding deposit was taken (not our normal procedure) he had every opportunity not to arrive.
2) This reviewer makes comment that he had looked at our website. Given that, I am at a loss to understand how he failed to understand the explicit and clear statements that the Garden-side Complex has its own facilities, does not have water views but has views from those apartments of the tennis court, pool and gardens.
3) Our website has a map with our location and guests regularly walk to either Gympie Terrace or Hasting Street.
4) The comment that he had paid top dollar is incorrect. This guest paid the cheapest tariff available for the period of his stay because he chose to stay in a Garden-side apartment. Had he been willing to pay a higher tariff he could have had a 180degree water view from a waterfront apartment. Again I must point out that this was all fully explained at the time of his initial phone enquiry.
5) With all due respect as manager of this complex I am still looking for the sign that told the guest he was not to use the Waterfront Facilities. This claim in reality is a complete fiction – there is not and never has been such a sign in the complex.
6) Yes we do slip a departure notice under the door on the morning of departure which reads as follows “Dear Guest our records indicate that you are due to depart today so we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Noosa Pacific and wish you a safe journey home. Before you depart just a friendly reminder to please load the dishwasher, dispose of any rubbish and ensure the apartment is left in a satisfactory condition otherwise additional charges do apply. Thanking you for your consideration.” I will let other of your readers make their own judgement but I hardly think this would offend anyone.
7) The majority of our guests compliment us on not using commercial grade toilet paper and I suggest that in future he not be so vigorous in its use.
8) The TV remote was working correctly at all times and any difficulty in viewing Cable TV was the result of the operator.
9) The loose shower in the wall was reported on departure and whilst this did not affect the operation of the shower I do apologise for this. I would however like to note that had we been alerted during the guests stay to this maintenance item it would have been remedied immediately.
10) The comment that the patio had never been cleaned with sand everywhere, if correct was an oversight by our cleaning staff for which I apologise.

In the last twelve months Noosa Pacific has welcomed 3,800 guests and during this period we have had three bad reviews posted (I wish it was zero). Does this mean that we got it right 3,797 times - no I’m not that naive but as I said in my opening comments, that we are dealing with people’s expectations and I assure you that both the management & staff strive at all times to meet these expectations.

Yours Faithfully
Steve Shanahan
Manager

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We have stayed in various units in noosa pacific for the last 6 years. The best units are the centre units as they have very large living areas compared to the end units. I would recommend the front units as they all have beautiful views of the water. The pool and the direct access to the river makes it ideal for children, much better than Hastings street, as it is way cheaper, much bigger units and quieter. There are a couple of pontoons for the kids to fish off. It is not 50min (as stated by another review)walk to Hastings St, about 20 mins although if you drive about 3 mins. Free parking but you'll have to get there about 8.00 as it fills up pretty quickly(hour parking is quite easy to get). The staff are fine, I wouldn't manage a block if holiday units for anything! Tough job but the units and grounds are very well looked after. I would recommend staying here after staying at many apartments in noosa

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Rachbris1974
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We have been coming up to Noosa from Melbourne since 1990. In the early years we favoured Hastings Street but several years ago we decided that Noosaville was more to our liking as we found that being on the river was more relaxing and more interesting. We discovered Noosa Pacific and have not been disappointed yet. We take a Riverfront apartment each October for 16 nights and just relax. We can walk to Hastings Street (20min) or Noosaville (10min) as well as longer walks to Hells Gate in the National Park (3hrs return) or Noosa Marina at Tewantin (2hrs return). Of course Quamby Place is a mere 5min walk and has an IGA, Fish and Chippery and restaurants such as Ricky's and Wasabi... There are buses running regularly along Noosa Parade for those who eschew walking any distance and the local taxi services are cheap and prompt.

We don't bother to rent a car - we fly in to Maroochydore and catch a Henry's bus to the door at Noosa Pacific; and when we leave, a Henry's bus picks us up outside and then back to the airport. No drama!

The management and staff are friendly and helpful and ensure that the apartment and surrounds are presented attractively (clean, inviting, everything working); and that we enjoy our stay...

We prefer the Riverfront and a bit of elevation so we can enjoy the view. The pool is heated and situated on the river frontage with sun-loungers around the pool and at the river's edge. The pool and barbecue areas are well kept and always clean.

The restaurants in Noosaville are first class. We love Gusto, Raisa Thai and the Backpackers Hotel just around the corner (a real surprise with great menu, licensed or BYO wine)...

Only problem is that 16 days goes too quickly!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim4Noosa
Melbourne
Reviewed October 22, 2010

The property is in a great location and the waterfront is really nice, but the apartment we stayed in was a little dated apart from a new tv and is not really 4.5 stars

In addition, it really puts a sour taste in your mouth with all the signs about don't do this, don't break that or we will bill you, clean the apartment yourself when you leave or we will bill you, pay for DVDs, pay for kayak hire, hire pool towels, hire tennis equipment! A bit like a budget airline - the nightly rate gets you a room and only a room and don't accidentally break a plate or lose a fork. That will cost you yoo

• Stayed October 2010
Melbourne
Reviewed August 26, 2010

My wife, our 4 month old and I stayed here for 4 nights. We had read the reviews on here and were interested to see who was right. A number of people had mentioned about the rude service, the rules and the distance to walk to get to Noosa. First off people have to realise this place is an apartment building not a hotel. So you don't get all the soap, dishwashing powder etc you need for your entire stay (although we had enough for 4 days). .Its designed for longer stays and people self catering - thats quite normal in Queensland as each of the apartments are individually owned but I guess some people have other expectations. The building managers are letting agents for those individually owned apartments and they organise the cleaning - they are not a hotel manager. So I guess it depends on your expectation as to whether you get a response from the manager that you consider rude or is just an answer that you were always going to get that did not meet your expectations. But that said we saw no signs of rudeness - and I too questioned why they needed a credit card when I had paid in adavnace and they reasonably stated "in case of damage to the unit or extra charges". I accepted that as being reasonable but then again I spent 20 years associated with the accommodation industry so have realistic expectations.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom riverfront apartment - it was very nice and had a great view of the river. The room was really well appointed with everything you could possibly need for your stay - and it was quiet. We enjoyed sitting in our apartment watching the view as it rained the most it had ever rained in 120 years in the 3 days we were there- what can else you do but sit and relax? This building is a out of the middle of things but that was good in a way because it forced us to relax - other we would have been running around like we normally do. The property is a fair distance from the nearest shop/restuarant - at least a 5 minute walk so if you want somewhere ultra convenient better stay somewhere else. We like to walk so between the rain pelting down we walked to Noosaville (10 minutes) and Noosa Heads (20 minues) . We had a car but walking never killed anyone so we walked.

We would be back and stay here again - the pool looked inviting just couldn't get near it for the rain. The apartmnets have plenty of room and are value for money. Make sure you get the Riverfront view - its worth it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JRW2008
Cobram, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I would not recommend to anyone to stay here the staff are incredibly rude and obnoxious. Both my husband and I had separate encounters with the weekend receptionist. She argued with me as I did not want to sign a form when we were checking in saying that I owed money when I had already paid upfront through a third party booking service. My husband found her highly obnoxious when he queried whether we were able to use a room downstairs that had our room number on it for storing our pram as the gardenside apartment we were in had no lift and we having to carry our pram upstairs.
Inside the apartment there were notes stating exactly what dishes were in the apartment and that you must pay for any damages. There was also notes telling you that you must do the dishes and put all rubbish out before leaving or else cleaning fees will be incurred of a minimum of $50. It was the manner in which you were informed of these rules that was most irritating. They also did not provide enough washing powder for the length of our visit so we had to buy it which is quite wasteful when we were flying and had to throw it out at the end of the visit.
It was also interesting that they did not provide any recycling bins. I know that the area did have recycling as I saw the truck go past one morning. Maybe its a sign of managements complete contempt for everyone else, including the environment.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank familyoffour01
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed May 23, 2010

We are a business couple from NZ recently retired. For more than 20 years we have holidayed in Queensland & extensively overseas.15 years ago we came across a wonderful place called Noosa which we fell in love with.
We originally stayed in Hastings St on the beachfront.
While walking we came across Noosa Pacific Riverside Resort In Munna Cres which is situated on the fork of the River & central to Noosaville & Hastings St. A leisurely 5-10mins walk to Noosaville & 20-25mins to Hastings St .The Apartments, location & facilities are superb, heated swimming pools,spa pools, saunas, BBQ areas,Gyms, FS Tennis Court etc.surrounded in manicured lawns & magnificent tropical gardens. Widespread views ever changing traffic on River. The widespread views from the Beachfront Apartments are outstanding and as Noosa Pacific is situated at the fork of the River there is always plenty of activity namely, Kayaking, Boating(all sorts), canoeing, fishing etc The occasional Jetskis which can now only use the River for access in & out as new by-laws have restricted their activity. The Coastguard facility is situated next door to Noosa Pacific which tends to make the boaties exemplary. The Riverfront has a white sandy beach running the length of the Beachfront Apartments with 2x Jetties for Resort guests. These are particularly suitable for fishing & tying up boats etc. A large secured underground Carpark facility is also available for guests..
The Manager & his wife do a fantastic job & are both dedicated to maintaining the highest standards for all to enjoy.
We are aware & respectful of other peoples feelings in this holiday envronment. We behave as we would expect others to behave in this situation.
We have been regulars at Noosa Pacific Riverside Resort for more than 6 years and intend to spend more time as we have no business committments now.
We would have no hesitation in reccommending Noosa Pacific Riverside Resort as one of the best Resorts we have experienced anywhere. We have recommended it to many people who have been extremely impressed and now continue to make it their preferred holiday destination.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple