“Fantastic Place, Fantastic People”
Review of Hotel Laguna

Hotel Laguna
Ranked #23 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We recently travelled to Noosa for our grandson's birthday and had the good fortune to be able to stay at Hotel Laguna. What a fantastic place. The people and service they gave could not be faulted. Very clean rooms and a wonderful view over the river. Would certainly recommend this Hotel to one and all.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank CoffsCoastSherbie

Reviewed May 1, 2009

Stayed at Hotel Laguna on the weekend of April 17-18, and was extremely impressed. Admittedly I was a little hesitant after a couple of poor reviews below, but I had none of the problems described below. We were warmly welcomed on arrival, front of house were extremely knowledgeable and gave us great advice about where to eat etc. Rooms were clean and renovated - excellent value by hastings st standard! We had a pool-view studio which was well equipped (ie plenty of toilet paper and tissues!) and very comfortable. I'm a very fussy traveller and was honestly impressed with value for money. The location of Hotel laguna is also superb, with the river, beach and a park at your doorstep. Tony (? i think) was an absolutely excellent host.

Perfect weekend away, will definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ah1306
Reviewed April 30, 2009

WOW! What a lucky find. Don't believe all those glossy ads....you can still have a stylish AND affordable holiday in Noosa if you stay here! FANTASTIC staff, nothing was too much trouble. We forgot to bring wine to have on our arrival (imagine that!), and after talking to the really friendly and chatty manager (Tony), discovered that all the bottle shops had closed, it WAS late(!). He must have felt sorry for us because no sooner had we checked into our immaculate room (lovely crisp sheets, no shabby bedspreads here!), there was a knock on the door, and there he was with a bottle from his own collection...The start of what was a GREAT holiday. Keep up the good work guys..we will be back...with a bottle (or 2) for us all to share.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank monicah56
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Things appeared to start well. I called and made a reservation and they seemed helpful. However, I was on a holiday just stopping at various places down the coast and we hoped to stop for an additional night in Agnes Water. We called a 2 days prior to our booking to see if Hotel Laguna would allow us to push our reservation back one night. Left two messages and they didn't even bother returning my calls. We ended up leaving Agnes Water early but were thoughtful enough to call ahead and say we'd be arriving very late (11pm). They seemed fine and said they would be up. We arrived to a very grumpy lady who appeared to have just got out of bed. I was treated poorly, but just wanted to get to bed. The room was MUCH SMALLER than shown on their website and was a very old building that was refurbished. It was clean enough, and we had a great view of the river but we were disappointed on first impression. We then went to bed...we had asked for a double or queen and instead got 2 singles stuck together, which I was very upset about. It was very uncomfortable and my partner had to sleep on opposite sides of the bed. When we checked out we got absolutely no "thank you" and were just quick to take to money and see the back of me. We will never go back and we suggest you stay well away from this hotel that is a lot like everything else in Noosa...Mutton dressed as lamb.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sinister_rouge
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Has recently been fitted out - so gave a good impression online. The Riverview Studio we stayed in was close to expectation which was simple with more modern decor but it's definitely down the budget end with minor things not attended to and attention to detail not there. All would have been OK but poor customer service left a poor impression. For example we were only provided with one roll of toilet paper and the tissue box was empty when we arrived and after ringing reception to advise we had none of either left at lunchtime they suggested I would need to wait until room service came around. "And when you need the toilet you need it then and there" so when I mentioned that I needed it "now" they "abruptly" said I would need to come and collect it myself then - no apoology or explanation as to why. It wasn't that I had to collect it myself that was the issue but the disinterest and gruff manner shown. No matter minor decor improvements and the lower end price I believe travellers should be shown a better level of attention, care and willingness to help so subsequently I would not recommend this to a friend and I was really hoping I could. I believe their good location may make them feel justified to not go to any extra measures with room detail and service. It just depends what experience you're after!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Esprit-99
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I was referred to this hotel by a freind who said this was the best value on Hastings Street and he wasnt wrong.
On the River side near the Sherarton ,the location is perfect
We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite ,which had clearly been recently renovated and had direct access to the pool.
Hotel Laguna doesnt have grand entry foyers and lots of marble and glass but if offers great value accomodaton in the heart of Noosa.
When we arrived the manager was on reception and checked us in promptly and answered the myriad of questions we had about Noosa .He gave us some great tips on where to eat and even Golf Courses.
Over our stay all the other stafff were just as helpful.
The other plus was plenty of undercover parking

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Ron1955
Reviewed February 24, 2008

I recommend using a travel agent - period. But I must admit I booked this one directly.

Great location on the far side of Hastings. Other locations are better but NOT for this price. We originally booked the two suite family - one suite and one studio. Our suite (room 112) had an extra bed in the living room (in addition to the sofa bed) so they allowed us to cancel the studio and use only the suite. Only one bath but a great savings,. Most suites don't have the extra bed so ask ahead.

We had a river view from the master and the pool from the living room. The pool was lovely and after check out at 10am we hung out by the pool and showered in the shower by the pool so we could get a bit more time.

Noosa is beautiful! Very laid back compared to Surfer's Paradise. Definitely visit here. We took a one day tour of Faser I(sland and while there wasmore driving than we had anticipated - it was really fun. The swimming at Lake McKenzie is OUTSTANDING - one of the most beautiful places I have seen on Earth.

Enjoy!