“Great location, noisy studio room.”
Review of Seahaven Noosa

Seahaven Noosa
Ranked #2 of 19 Noosa B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I came to Noosa for a wedding so really just needed a place to crash for 2 nights in a central location. I booked the cheapest room available, a studio room. When making the reservation, the lady did double check I was happy with a studio room and asked if I wanted to upgrade to a better room with a view. The beach view wasn't important to me as I would be spending minimal time in the room.

However, I was disappointed that the studio room backed onto a busy, noisy restaurant which meant that there was noise late into the evening and again, early in the morning as the staff got ready for breakfast service. I didn't expect the fanciest room at the hotel, but did think it was unfair that my sleep quality be affected by this. In future, I think details like this should be made available to guests prior to booking so they know what they're getting with a cheaper room.
I didn't get a chance to ask for a room move as I was up early and busy getting ready for the wedding all day (part of the bridal party)

The studio room was quite small and dark. Perfect if you just want somewhere to sleep but I wouldn't have wanted to be spending large amount of time in there. The price per night was probably more than I would have liked to pay for the quality of room I received (particularly since my sleep was disrupted both nights) but I really think I paid for the location! The room is very modern and clean and the amenities decent.

The actual location of the resort is amazing, right on the beach. It was lovely to be able to just walk out onto the beach and go for a swim and walk. Also on the main street so easy access to the shops and restaurants. The staff were also friendly and pleasant during the minimal interactions I had with them.

I would love to come back and stay for longer in an apartment overlooking the beach!

Room Tip: Be aware that studio rooms are adjacent to noisy restaurant.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank wunderlust88
Lee Ann H, Manager at Seahaven Noosa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Wunderlust
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Seahaven Noosa. Our studio rooms are very popular and are located throughout the resort on various levels. It was unfortunate you did not make the staff aware of the noise concerns as we may have been able to address these issues during your stay. On a positive note I was glad to hear your room was very modern and clean and you enjoyed the facilities at the resort . Seahaven Noosa enjoys a prime beachfront position with panoramic ocean and beach views from our beachfront rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back to Seahaven Noosa and do not hesitate to call our friendly reception staff who can assist you in choosing the accommodation that best suits you.
Kind regards Lee-Ann Hay Manager

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Please forgive if I wax lyrical in describing this wonderful place which will remain with me in vivid images long past my holidays. Seahaven, newly refurbished, must be among the absolute best places in Australia to build a repertoire of dreams - what, with the excellent facilities, the three beautiful pools and its perfect location, not ten metres off Noosa Main beach and in reality only separated from it by a tasteful glass wall which allows the most splendid views of the morning sea and passers-by alike. I am, Oh brother, entirely lost to this place! Take in the squeaky sand; take in the marvelous sea breeze; the full moon, seemingly a buck shot directly above; the clouds literally racing past and the Cherubim-size bats flickering against the wind - or indulge in a midnight stroll on the beach as far as the mouth of the Noosa, and truly feel bliss! Find fault with Seahaven and there must be something wrong with you. I say this with experience from hotels in six continents - Seahaven is my number one (OK, there will always be the near-mythical Lighthouse, in Sri Lanka...) Though there are restaurants and pubs etc on Hasting street and along the boardwalk, outside - which means you can walk home in your socks after a bacchanal - the only sound you hear at night is the beat of the waves...Thank you Diana; thank you Greg: twelve days of pure dreamtime!

Room Tip: Opt for a room on the 1st floor, pool side: stunningly beautiful sea view, in shades of turquoise an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2014

It's a good hotel right in the middle of hasting street and expensive though!I It has good amenities like a nice pool, parking and the cleaning was perfect. besides, the concept of enviromental concerning gives a wellfare at the whole hotel! Recomended!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank MARCUS Fernande... C
Reviewed March 14, 2014

From the moment we booked over the phone with Greg we knew we were in good hands. He was so helpful and informative.
We had a studio room for a week - it was perfect. Had a partial view of the beach from our balcony but we spent most of our time at the 3 pools that look directly out to the beach!
The bbq area and facilities in the room would be great for meals but Seahaven has the best location in Noosa with amazing restaurants within walking distance in any direction. Bistro C, Sails and Ricky's are a must visit for delicious dinners.
we cannot thank Seahaven enough for making our babymoon luxurious and relaxing - smiling faces from all staff, umbrellas at the ready on our one-off rainy day, and great knowledge of the local bests whether it be golf, shopping or restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stay for one week in the one bedroom penthouse. The whole place is excellent, freshly renovated, very functional and modern. It's right on the main beach and offers a nice view. The penthouse was impressive: nice and quite bedroom, very big leaving room with kitchen and big balcony. The penthouse is furnished with all the appliances from the toaster to the washing machine and dryer. Our favorite part was the private sun deck on the top floor including the whirlpool, where we spent most of the time relaxing and enjoying the panorama.
The room was serviced on a daily basis, the sheets changed at mid-stay. The service was prompt and efficient.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We spent three nights at the very well located Seahaven, on the beach front and almost in the middle of Hastings Street. The room included secure parking and free wi-fi

Our room overlooked the swimming pool and beyond that a view of the beach which was magnificent. The gardens have all been newly planted and framed the view beautifully.

The main living area had a long couch and two comfortable chairs, and there was a modern breakfast bar/dining area with six comfortable stools so plenty of space to sit around and enjoy the scenery. The kitchen was workable with a full size fridge and was well appointed. Outside on the terrace there was a six seater outdoor table and a lounge chair and an unused as yet BBQ. A separate master bedroom off the lounge was comfortable, with full ensuite facilities and luxury toiletries.

We initially booked a studio which we found to be very compact and upgraded to a larger room.

Room Tip: A studio would be good if you are up in noosa for a specific purpose, otherwise splurge on a waterfr...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed 2 nights mid-week in one bedroom penthouse and it was stunning. Rooms were new and comfortable, private balcony, and friendly staff. Have done a great job on the refurb. Will be back again. Resort is located right on the beach and middle of Hasting St.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple