“Hastings Street is Bustling Again”
Review of Hastings Street

Hastings Street
Book In Advance
More Info
$83.72*
and up
Noosa and Sunshine Coast Hinterland Day Trip from...
Ranked #16 of 65 things to do in Noosa
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Hastings Street is almost ready to put out the no vacancy sign again. The shops are filled and there are some really fantastic new stores to check out. Yes there are still a few chain stores there, but the independents outnumber them and in a strip that's an easy stroll from one end to another, there's no excuse for not finding something unique to browse or buy. Particularly loved the opportunity to poke around in Askew, Hearts & Minds and Lamington and of course our 'old' favourite independents Signatures, Jive Art and Toscani have made it through the tough times and are still going strong.

Aromas and Bistro C still rock for breakfast, lunch and dinner and for the icecream lovers in addition to cult favourite Massimos and the ever popular Copenhagen, try the new experience complete with dry ice at Nitrogenie! Yum. There's a great Visitor Centre right on Hastings Street beside the Surf Club (apparently it just won the best visitors centre award) and the people who work there are fantastic.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,394)
All reviews
in 39 reviews
"car park"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This street is charming and although commercial it is so relaxing with plenty of shady trees . Filled with wonderful shops and cafes you could never be bored. Cafe Aroma's is the place to people watch with a french influence.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We spent 3 days in Noosa after Easter and found Hastings Street to be very overrated. It is known for being 'upper class' I suppose but the boutiques are uninspiring and the only thing that stood out as 'upper class' to me (and only because of the high price tag on the items) was the Hugo Boss store. It is not a place for retail therapy due to the ridiculous prices (and much of the merchandise seems to only appeal to those approaching retirement). No offence, but that's how it is. No one under 50 would find much they liked.

We came here ten years ago and it seemed much glitzier then. There are a few (again, pricey) restaurants but mid week, there is almost nothing open. We are in our late 30s/early 40s so were looking for some nightlife after dinner but this is non-existent in Noosa. It strikes me as bizarre that a place like Hastings Street has only one club open every night (for drinks and dancing). It is even more bizarre that this place still operates! And what a disgusting place it is! It's akin to putting a porta-loo in the middle of Buckingham Palace.

I warn anyone who has any standards regarding the places you frequent, this is not for you! We got there at about 10.30pm (it does not open until 10pm) and found the 'bouncers' talking amongst themselves while waiting for people to arrive. We were the only two there for about an hour but by the time we had finished our drink there were almost ten. However it was not a great experience. The bar did not sell any wine or champagne of any kind and also no cider. I found this hard to believe as even the dingiest pubs sell bubbles of some sort! I am not a snob and most often drink the house champagne but I had no choice but to buy a teenage-inspired pre-mix drink or a spirit. My partner only drinks cider and we know not every club sells it but more often than not, they do these days as it is very popular. He also had to opt for a spirit. I thought this was very low brow and should have warned me as to the type of punter it was aiming for.

The story gets worse however, once I wanted to use the ladies bathrooms. OMG is about the only expression that comes to mind. As I walked into the bathrooms near the bar, the smell that hit me immediately conjured up the phrase "sweaty pineapple". Don't ask me why! The brain works in mysterious ways. The stalls were barely cleaned, with smears all over the doors and old, decrepit toilets. The bowls were also not cleaned (if you get my drift - errgh). There was no soap whatsoever and one of the taps had been removed. The remaining tap was covered in a brownish fur and dirt/leaves/debris was all over the sink top. I have truly never been so revolted in my life. My partner suggested I use the other ladies toilets on the other side of the club but these were equally as gruesome. Not cleaned, taps missing, no ability to wash your hands after being in the said cubicle and no ability to dry either. Not sure if this is even legal these days!! Surely there has to be some sort of hygiene standard.

We even (although it was embarrassing) asked the barman for soap but he said there was nothing in the entire club that I could use. Needless to say we finished our one overpriced spirit and left but not before seeing several more patrons arrive, 80% of whom were paralytic! We had actually been approached by one, very, very drunk man in the street on the way to this place who had complained that his friend had been let in to the club but that he had been refused. This guy was in full sway, slurring his speech and walking sideways. However, we noticed he was in the club after we had been there a while, so obviously the bouncers had let him in.

I was alarmed at the fact these guys could get in at all, especially when they had stood 'talking' to the bouncers outside for a few minutes before entering. They were clearly intoxicated beyond the normal thing you'd expect to see outside a club like this....it was just astonishing!

Overall, this place is a dive and really tarnishes the image Hastings Street is attempting to portray. Don't go unless you want to associate with the bottom feeders of Noosa. Avoid it like the plague, or you may end up catching it!

14  Thank DIRTYREDFOX
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hastings Street is just too buy and too expensive to be enjoyable. There is so much about Noosa that is beautiful - but it isn't Hastings Street with its upmarket shopping and impossible access to parking.