“PK Influence”

Noosa Beach House Peter Kuruvita
Ranked #50 of 355 Restaurants in Noosa
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Sri Lankan
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Renowned chef, restaurateur and TV presenter, Peter Kuruvita, brings his signature style and focus on local seafood to iconic Hastings St. The relaxed holiday vibe of the open terrace and bar evolves into a stylish restaurant and cocktail bar as the day progresses.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We have eaten at Flying Fish in Fiji and can see the wonderful signature dishes translated to Noosa Beach House. For example, the seafood tapas, tuna with ruby grapefruit and the snapper curry. It is good to see some Mexican flavours being put into the mix. The prawns with vanilla and the chipotle spatchcock. Love that Sri Lankan dessert treat of 'curd and treacle' is on the menu but found it a touch too sweet compared to real kitul and curd. The service is top rate and the team do a great job of taking care of you. This is pricey for Noosa but the food and service probably justify it.

KuruFive, Guest Relations Manager at Noosa Beach House Peter Kuruvita, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Hi Peter P

Thank you for your lovely review. We are very happy to see you enjoyed Noosa Beach House as one of our regular Flying Fish Fiji guests and friends.
Yes, the Mexican influence has found it's way amongst the Sri Lankan after Peter's recent filming expedition for his new show Mexican Fiesta.
We'll be running weekly Mexican special dishes featured in each episode once the programme begins on 13th Feb with a grand Mexican Fiesta event on 20th march.
Keep your eye out for details and we hope to see you up from Brisbane some time soon

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Very nice meal the waitress was very nice and allowed us to vary the menu. We really enjoyed the night and the food was first rate. Well done.

Hi Ann W,

I am very happy to see you enjoyed your meal at Noosa Beach House and were able to accommodate your preferences. We very much appreciate you recommendation and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We went here for a dinner with friends and family. We all loved the food and the restaurant lived up to our expectations. The Sri Lankan snapper curry is highly recommended. The desserts were to die for too. Excellent service from professional waiters.

Hi Muddypanda

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the food and service so much when you dines with us. We really appreciate your time in letting others know of your experience and look forward to seeing you again when your'e next in town

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I read the reviews and thought it was odd cos we had a great experience, I actually didn't read the reviews til now, after we went to dine at Noosa beach house. First, service was incredible, we had like 4 waiters and didn't have that many meals; we were asked if we were satisfied several times, etc. The entre and mains were incredible, I had the chipotley spatchcock and my husband the tuna, the entres were the seafood platter. Everything was so tasty that I didn't care the portions were so small! But I guess this is what this expensive restaurants are like, so we were expecting it to offer smallish meals. Price wise, again, I knew it'd be expensive, so I can't say anything about that since the food was so good. We thought it was excellent!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Peter Kuruvita's restaurant is the place to eat and the bugs that I had for mains were the best I have ever had in the world to date. i was suprised that there weren't more curries on the menu as Peter is renouned for his wonderfull Sri Lanka curries. Anyhow I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves bugs.