“Nice atmosphere but expensive”

Noosa Beach House Peter Kuruvita
Reserve with
Noosa Beach House Peter Kuruvita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 332 Restaurants in Noosa
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Sri Lankan
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Renowned chef, restaurateur and TV presenter, Peter Kuruvita, brings his signature style and focus on local seafood to iconic Hastings St. The relaxed holiday vibe of the open terrace and bar evolves into a stylish restaurant and cocktail bar as the day progresses.
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice atmosphere but expensive”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to the Beach House for breakfast. The range was limited but the food was good. It was quite expensive though

Visited September 2013
KuruFive, Guest Relations Manager at Noosa Beach House Peter Kuruvita, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hi MPatron

Thank you for taking the time to review Noosa Beach House. I'm gad you enjoyed the food during breakfast. The Executive Chef at the Sheraton has recently implemented a rotating change of items on the breakfast buffet to offer variety to guests who stay at the resort for a number of days.
We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again when you next return to Noosa.

“Don't waste your money ”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to the bar area just to grab a few cocktails and some snacks, we had been here previously when it was Catos and it was good. We were excited to see Peter Kuruvita's name attached and thought that it would be great but he might want to un attach his name from this place quick smart cause it was pretty bad. Cocktails were unpleasant, and as a starter we ordered the tostadas with guacamole, there were no tostadas just entirely stale corn chips, the tablespoon of guacamole was tasteless and the salsa was inedible as there was so much white onion in it. Yuk. So at 2 rubbish cocktails and a minuscule amount of inedible guacamole for $50 we called it a night. I doubt we'll be giving it a second chance.

1 Thank sachfinley
Hi sachfinley

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is disappointing to hear you were unhappy with your experience and I apologise for this. Our cocktails are usually complimented, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy yours. We actually have a wonderful new bar manager start with us and will have a new cocktail list evolving in the next couple of months.
Tostadas are a corn chip, toasted or fried, and over the last 6 weeks we have gone through 3 kg per day, frying them fresh each day. It is very strange that your tostadas were stale and I am sorry you were unhappy with the dish.
We value and learn from all feedback. We appreciate you sharing your comments with us and I hope you will come back and try us again one day

Australia
“So dissapointing.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

As a local we used to eat in the Catos restaurant for lunch regulary,any day and any time of the year.
I was so excited to hear that Peter Kurivita was attached to this restaurant,as have watched his TV show many times.
Unfortunately my lunch day out with the girls yesterday was so dissapointing.
Firstly we could not dine in the restuarant on a Wed as they are only open Thurs to Sun for lunch,surprised as it is school holidays here and very busy.So we decided on the bar snack menu.
Upon ordering my food the bar attendant tells me that the 2 meals i had picked out at $15 & $16 were only small and maybe i should of ordered the burger. I didnt go to the sheraton or to Peter,s restuarant to order a burger.
Also being the designated driver i ordered a mid strenght tap beer in a pot,but was told they only have schooners. There was no other mid strenght alternatives so i had to order a full strenght stubby.So much for trying to be responsible.
My girlfriend ordered salt and pepper calamari,but recieved a small amount of calamari with a bigger amount of octopuss which niether of us like.There was nothing on the menu that said it came with octopuss,yuk. My fishcakes were small just like bar attendant said and were nothing to rave about.
Will have to wait and hear if any other locals goes there for dinner to get my enthusiasm back to want to return.

• Visited October 2013
Hi Kim T

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We value all feedback and continue to learn from our guests comments. I'm sorry you were disappointed to be unable to dine for lunch in the restaurant. Since opening, the demand earlier in the week for lunch has been for the more casual bar area. We have learnt a lot from our first warm weather holiday period and when the summer holiday period begins, we will be open for lunch 7 days a week.

The food served in the bar area is more casual to that served in the restaurant, with a lot of lighter options for snacking while sipping on a glass of wine or cocktail, though we still use high quality ingredients. I understand that this is not what you were after, and again I am sorry we could not offer you the full restaurant menu on the day you were in.

In our salt & pepper calamari dish, we use the whole squid so the tentacles you saw were indeed squid. Neither the restaurant or hotel have any octopus on any menu, it is simply never ordered by the kitchen. I hope this helps explain the confusion.

We value your opinion, particularly as a local, and appreciate the time taken in providing feedback. I hope you will return and try the restaurant in the future. We would love to see you.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Peter Kuruvita does it again”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've eaten at Flying Fish Pyrmont, and Fiji, and the Sri Lankan curry here (with snapper this time) was as good as anywhere. Its delicious! I also had a fantastic chocolate and raspberry dessert. One niggle - we walked in at 8pm and were told there were no tables and to have a drink in the bar - which is situated slightly below the restaurant and separated by glass - and we could see a lot of vacant tables, including the one we were eventually sat at. Perhaps there was a staff shortage? Anyway, it was a great meal and I'd go back again...

Visited September 2013
Hi askRachael_dot_com

Thank you for your lovely review. The Sri Lankan curry really is worth travelling the world for, which it seems you have done. It is wonderful to hear the Noosa version lives up to Peter Kuruvita standards.
With seating times, we try to reasonably stagger the number of people seating at one time, so as to maintain service standards and food delivery. If everyone arrives and sits at the same it makes this very difficult. We must also keep tables for bookings that are running late.
We appreciate your time in reviewing us and look forward to welcoming you again

Murray Bridge, Australia
“They really need to lift their game!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This place looks so inviting. Interesting decor, good music and cool atmosphere. The bar staff are efficient but that's where it stops. We called in for a drink and, similar to an earlier reviewer,decided to stay on for some food. An hour later and three enquiries to staff later, we decided to ask for our money back for the food and leave. All day dining menu that takes all day to arrive! Bar food is meant to be quick.....surely!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sandraselga
Hi Sandraselga

Thank you for letting us know of your experience. It is very disappointing to hear your initial positive reaction to the atmosphere and bar service was marred by slow delivery of your food order. It is certainly not the standard to which we like to operate and I can only apologise. We have learnt from our first warm weather school holiday period in terms of staffing levels and have taken steps immediately to rectify this.
We value all feedback and really appreciate your time in providing it. I hope you will try us again in the future