“Nice setting but average”

Ikatan Balinese Spa & Gardens
Ranked #2 of 40 Spas & Wellness in Noosa
More attraction details
Owner description: A perfect experience, great massage and I loved the atmosphere and setting of ikatan Spa.Thank you Nikki Listed in Australia's top five destination day spas, well known for offering an authentic spa experience and voted one of the "best things" to do in Noosa by TripAdvisor. Minutes away and a world apart ikatan Spa is Bali, Noosa style, surrounded by tropical gardens where life is at a slower pace. Ikatan Spa was created and still run by the owners and a team of 14 dedicated, well trained Spa Therapists. Offering treatments from couple's packages, traditional Balinese body treatments to Anti Ageing skin care by Environ, Uspa Organics and Jane Iredale natural mineral make-up. Group bookings are popular at ikatan and a private garden separated from the spa by a rain-forest walk can be booked for those wanting to relax and enjoy food with complimentary champagne and T2 teas. If you're looking for a boutique day spa where Therapists have time to prepare and care for you, that prides itself on attention to detail, your Spa Therapists is hands on throughout your treatment and a place where life is at a slower pace then ikatan is for you.
Melbourne
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Nice setting but average”
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Booked myself in for a 3 hour Ikatan for Men package for $350.00
It included a foot pamper, 30 minute head massage, 60 minute massage, men's facial.

Personally I felt my therapist was not up to scratch, she wasn't strong enough to provide a massage that would satisfy, even asking for her to apply more pressure. It was not relaxing or therapeutic.

The foot pamper was really just was a foot wash, I can see the attraction but I found it kind of boring.

I was looking forward to spending time in the gardens but this was not an option. The open air pavilion is a nice touch.

It seems the majority are overwhelming impressed so I may have just lucked out on the day. If you are serious about getting a high quality massage then i think you may need to look elsewhere or at least advise them what you're after.

ikatanspa, Manager at Ikatan Balinese Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not find our massage to your preferred pressure however we do not offer deep tissue or remedial massage at ikatan spa which is noted on all our spa menu's but you can request a firmer therapist at time of booking. The Ikatan for men package is popular and most love the foot scrub, soak and massage with peppermint foot cream but each to their own and we are always happy to change treatments if the package includes something which you don't enjoy. Communication with your Therapist is important to achieve what you want from treatments. A sports, remedial or deep tissue massage would be better suited to meet your needs and there are Massage centres in Noosa that offer this but ikatan is a Balinese Day Spa and we offer Balinese Massage and alternative massage therapies. The gardens are for clients to enjoy with food before or after spa treatment, however we have now extended the garden area for clients to relax if they wish, but of course we need to know as a majority of our clients have other engagements after treatments and need to leave on time.

noosa
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Heavenly pampering in a beautiful place. Can I stay?”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

My husband and I spent the morning today being completely indulged and pampered in the double room at Ikatan Spa. You sense that this is going to be a very special experience as soon as you step into the lush tropical gardens and the welcoming balinese pavilion, with generous day beds and warm chai on arrival. We chose to each have a hot stone massage, which was fantastic. The stones heat the oil and soothe away those aches and pains. We followed this up with a long, slow facial, leaving our skin looking and feeling fresh and glowing. Nora and Erika, who looked after us for our 2 hours of bliss, were extremely good. Thanks for a wonderful time.

Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Better than Bali”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Make a day of it at ikatan and order some of the amazing food they offer for after your spa treatments. We loved every minute of our indulgence package and time to relax in the gardens after with lunch was perfect. The staff are well trained and don't talk all the time while you are relaxing!! I bought the beautiful products just becuase I felt how good they were on my skin and the treatments were soooo relaxing. Everyone needs an ikatan experience. Not the cheapest (Bali) spa I have been to but the best value for money and the best spa in Noosa! Think they are up for some kind of big award???? They deserve it as it looks just like a village in Bali!!! JUST GO THERE

Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best spa experience ever!”
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I never expected Australia to deliver on a spa experience like Asian destinations, but this was brilliant.

A beautiful setting, easygoing staff, a sense of true pampering and luxury amidst lush tropical gardens in a quiet bush setting. What more could you ask for?

Two words: Just go.

brisbane
“I needed to escape to paradise for a weekend...I discovered Ikatan Spa”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

The most blissful experience, the perfect weekend away! Staying at a nearby bed and breakfast, we entered the gardens and spent a few hours being pampered, it was magical. The staff were so hospitable, and it was so romantic to be able to have the treatment done at the same time as my partner, he loved it. We loved it so much we have made a regular trip of it every few months, its the perfect way to invigorate your soul, body and relationship