“Ambience and Professionalism”

ikatan Balinese Spa & Gardens
Ranked #2 of 43 Spas & Wellness in Noosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Listed in Australia's top five destination day spas, well known for offering an authentic spa experience and voted one of the "best things" to do in Noosa by TripAdvisor. Minutes away and a world apart ikatan Spa is Bali, Noosa style, surrounded by tropical gardens where life is at a slower pace. ikatan Spa was created, run by the owners along with a team of 18 dedicated, well trained Spa Therapists. Offering Day Retreats, double and single packages, traditional Balinese body treatments to Anti Ageing skin care treatments and mineral make-up. Group bookings are popular at ikatan and a private garden separated from the spa by a rain-forest walk can be booked for those wanting to relax and enjoy food and wine wine. All guests are offered a complimentary glass of champagne or T2 tea. If you're looking for a boutique day spa where Therapists have time to prepare and care for you, a distention spa with attention to detail and a place where life is at a slower pace then ikatan is for you.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We visited Ikatan on a rainy Thursday afternoon. The showers enhanced the look of the beautiful tropical surrounds. We were taken to a private hut where we both had 60 minute Balinese massage. My masseuse was particularly responsive and enhanced the massage pressure on my request. I particularly like the "undies" they give you to wear - so comfy I bought one to take home. Following our massage we had a pedicure and head massage - so spoilt. This occurred in the outdoor area - which was very pleasant. My masseuse - Kim - was very engaging and professional. It is not cheap, but the experience/ value for money is far better than the Aqua Spa at the Sheraton in Noosa. Great for a treat.

ikatanspa, Manager at ikatan Balinese Spa & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for your review we appreciate it. Our gardens are beautiful and it is the rain that helps make them so spectacular and tropical and we are happy you enjoyed the gardens ambience as well as our comfortable undies which are so popular clients buy them for travelling!
We have 13 staff who love what we do, so feedback is encouraging for us to enjoy it more and it is always appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again at ikatan spa.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My excitement over my upcoming trip to much raved about Ikatan Spa probably built in more expectation than what I felt was delivered.
There are simply so many wonderful things mentioned about this spa and I would say that one aspect that seemed to me to be completely correct is how focussed the staff are on creating a beautiful experience for you. They are attentive, polite and spend time on the little things.
The treatment we received was lovely - most definitely not amazing or stand-out or even above expectation.
It was actually the setting (which I realise others do rave about) that was not what I was expecting.
You enter into a first building where you are seated prior to treatment - a fellow greeted us from behind the desk and whilst he was friendly, the edge was taken off a bit by listening to his phone discussions "yeah, mate" etc etc - for me it was quite surreal when you are used to controlled, sweet lullabye tones from the front desk at most relaxation/day spa venues. I am not saying this was bad - just not what I would expect from somewhere that consistently ranks highly for day spa experiences (some people may find the casual friendliness to their liking).
We enjoyed an experience in the outdoor balinese hut area which was really pleasant. The inside treatment room was also pleasant and had a good ambience.
I think for me, the expectation didnt equal the actual.
The grounds were lovely - but not as lovely as I would have imagined from looking at the website.
For me, it felt as though it was more someone's backyard than an award winning day spa.
The other thing that I found irritating was that I didn't ask for recommendations for my skin but I got them anyway. Product recommending finalised the whole outing, with a casual "can I put some of these products away for you?"
I came to be pampered and treated - I didn't come to buy six facecreams.
I don't wish to detract from the wonderful job of the therapists - I just think that there are a few areas that could be addressed to ensure the client receives what they came for.

2  Thank Deemel
ikatanspa, Manager at ikatan Balinese Spa & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your review and letting us know about your experience at ikatan spa. We appreciate feedback from our clients to address anything that we can to offer a better experience. We apologise for the conversation you overheard as it was in relation to organising a tradesman to rectify an urgent maintenance problem and was dealt with in reception where the booking screen could be refereed to so that a time could be organised to access a treatment room when it was not in use and yes the conversation was from the owner to our regular electrician who is regarded as a mate. We have plans being designed to build a client relaxation lounge next to reception in the near future where you won’t be able to hear the phone conversations. I am sorry you did not find out acreage property of Balinese Gardens to feel as extensive as you thought because we have been awarded as one of the best garden locations on the Sunshine Coast. We totally understand that not all clients want to purchase products however our staff care about their clients and do recommend products for clients to improve their skin as they are the professional who has worked on your skin but they are not on sales targets and therefore do not push products. Selling retail is such a small part of a Day Spa business that it is not important to us that clients purchase product but it is important the Therapists fulfil their professional role and recommend home care to give you improved results as majority of our clients love the help from a professional Therapist.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went here as a group and I got the Coco-luscious Wrap with Facial. It was simply amazing. Smells divine and feels so amazing as layer after layer of coconut goodness seeps into your skin. When I was wrapped up and received the facial and scalp massage this is pretty much the first time ever I practically fell asleep during the treatment! I noticed myself nod off at times, so that really goes to show how relaxing it was!

My visit here started off with a delicious iced tea and ended in a lovely pot of lemongrass and ginger tea in a beautiful Balinese garden.

I don't live in Queensland but if I'm ever in the area I would love to return and I would recommend to anyone else!

Thank you for your review we appreciate you sharing your experience to others using TripAdvisor. We are a boutique day spa and pride ourselves on employing staff that are qualified and love what they do for a career in caring for clients at ikatan spa. We look forward to seeing you next visit to Noosa.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We booked a couples room and had different therapies, both of which were exceptionally well done.

Notwithstanding it was one of the busiest times of year the booking process was friendly and relaxed, we were greeted promptly on arrival and made to feel special throughout the entire experience. This was our first (and certainly not last) visit and the balinese style gardenings and furnishings are truly beautiful.

I am not sure about some negative reviews regarding value for money. This is a premium spa and done to perfection. Prices are comparable if not better than equivalent or lesser experiences.

Finally, each of the individual staff are well trained, very professional, caring and friendly.

1  Thank Mlear11
ikatanspa, Manager at ikatan Balinese Spa & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for your review about ikatan spa. We are please to say that what you wrote in your review is the type of comments we receive from our clients daily which is appreciated by our staff who love what they do for clients. We love welcoming clients to our beautiful and relaxing environment at ikatan and appreciate your thoughts on ikatan being unique and good value.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary together by starting our day with a couples package (3 hour package).. From the moment we walked in we felt relaxed. The facilities are beautiful and a true reflection of Balinese style. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Being greeted with a glass of champagne was a nice touch. I paid extra for a fruit platter but to be honest this was not worth the money and very basic. The therapists were both good but we both thought Jodie was excellent. A great way to spend the day and to celebrate any occasion.

ikatanspa, Manager at ikatan Balinese Spa & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

ikatanspa, Manager at Ikatan Balinese Spa & Gardens, responded to this review
3 January 2013
Thank you for your review and choosing ikatan spa to celebrate your anniversary. The seasonal fruit plate you ordered included organic mango and strawberries with grapes which was served in our Balinese gardens with a choice of complimentary champagne and or T2 Teas where you could relax for as long as you desired. We are sorry you found this delicious fruit to be basic but hope that you enjoyed the complimentary beverage and the ambience of the tranquil gardens.

This review response was posted the wrong reviewer - please add as response to
Kristine S
Perth

Reviewed 2 January 2013 NEW via mobile
My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary together by .....