“Great location”

Mantra French Quarter Resort
Ranked #6 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Just got back from Noosa after 4 night stay at this hotel,
It was in an ideal location, fronting on to Hastings street and close to the beach. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
We were originally booked into a newly refurbished unit with nice modern decor and new kitchen & bathroom etc., but unfortunately only view was of a blank wall of the block next door. We requested a change of location and were imediately moved to a lovely room overlooking the tropicai gardens and the lagoon style pool. Only about 50% of the rooms have been refurbished so far so make sure you specify a new room with an outlook.
The hotel is approx 50m from the main beach on the Noosa Heads end of Hastings street with good access to all the fantastic restaurants and shopping etc,
Overall a fine hoiliday and a very relaxing place to stay, we would definitely like to return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank casafiji

Reviewed February 3, 2008

Having read many negative reviews, we rang the resort and were reassured that all would be in order when we arrived. Their system means rooms are allocated within 24 hrs of arrival so we were a little worried that we would not get a room which had been refurbished. We were told many are to be refurbished soon and they would do the best they could considering our concerns.

We were met by a spotless, well appointed unit with a bottle of champagne waiting for us in the fridge. The location is excellent and we were glad to look over Hasting St, rather than face the pool which I would imagine could get noisy and lack privacy, especially on the ground floor.

All in all I would recommend the resort but would advise to ring and get a reassurance that you will receive the type of room which is appropriate for your needs.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lloydy60
Reviewed January 15, 2008

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights in January, the pool looks really great, however if you are wanting to sunbake, there is not much chance as the pool is really shaded, which is great if thats what your after. The hotel also has hepas of free parking. We had a 1 Bedroom spa apartment, and the rooms are quite nice, with a lovely balcony which overlooks the pool, however I wouldnt actually call it a spa, its a corner bath in the bottom of the shower, didnt even use it. The rooms are a bit dates, but I heard they are refurbishing it soon, which will make all the difference. We found the staff really friendly and helpful during our stay though. The best thing about this place would have to be the location, it is at the end of Hastings Street, and not even a 2 minute walk from the beach...loved it
I would definately recommend this place for families though, it isokay for couples, only if you can handle heaps of kids in the pool.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank worldwidetravller
Reviewed November 25, 2007

this place is so gross: old, very tired looking apartments , carpet is disgusting and the bed did not look fresh.(nor did the bathroom).

The general feel was dirty. certainly nothing like the glossy pictures!!
the first apartment we checked in stank, the fridge( which was full of damp towels??) - had leaked onto the carpet. we were told it was because the cleaners had forgotten about it, (if that's meant to make to make you feel better...)

the balcony area was unkept and messy, basically you wouldn't feel comfortable sitting anywhere in that place.
i couldn't bare the thought of staying in there so we asked to be moved into another apartment .
the second apartment was even dirtier, with jam on the fridge door and cereal on the kitchen floor, so we walked straight out.

When i explained to the receptionist we wanted to be refunded because of their poor standard of cleanliness, she said the policy was no refund for cancellation!!
to cut a long story short, after complaining at reception desk in front of an audience of arriving tourists, we got upgraded into a refurbished apartment, which was nicer ... but then again, anything would have been nicer. don't go there unless you have a penchant for holidaying in other people's filth.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jolie72
Reviewed September 6, 2007

We wanted to go to Noosa for a Family holiday with the 2 kids.
We looked for weeks on the net to come across the French Quarter. It is so close to the beach and would highly recommend this as a location. Has parking below the resort.
I got to view some of the other rooms and they all look similar to the one we were staying in. The rooms were fine but starting to get a bit tiered but this was not a concern as we never spend much time in them anyway. The apartments a not the biggest in the area so make sure you request a down stairs unit as these are the best as they include a small court yard and its great for the kids. The pool is fantastic, best ever and spent hours here. They have a great kids pool ideal for 2-4 yr olds. We would go back and stay here again.
Make sure you go to the markets which are on a Saturday, its around a 15min drive away but can't recall the name...

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Johnnymac22
Reviewed April 11, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the French Quarter Resort for 4 nights over Easter April 2007.
This was definitely a value for money resort on so many levels; great location (on Hastings St), spacious apartment, a little dated but clean and comfy. Great swimming pool and awesome restaurant attached.
I work for another reputable hotel chain and this was definitely up there for its star rating.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SwigBrisbane
Reviewed March 22, 2007

After arriving at the French Quarter and checking in I went to the room. The room looked fine but looks can be deceiving. I had asked for a porta cot for my daughter when I book the room and this was not in the room. I went to the front desk to check that it would be delivered to the room shortly and was told they had no request in the system but they would get one bought up. I thought that fine and then I was told the price. $45 per week for the hire. I said fine (I had no option) I am here for two nights so it should be around $12-13 per night. No it was charged at a full weeks rate. This was just the start. After trying to turn the T.V. on the remote was broken. Again another trip down to the front desk to get a replacement. I was told it was to late and they would have to fix it sometime tomorrow. (It was only 3 pm) Again I had no option but I would live. The pool was great for the kids and that was the only pleasant thing in the resort.
After returning from a swim I went to have a shower and noticed mould through out the shower. After cleaning it the best I could I went to the fridge. The fridge had broken and we lost all of our food. Again another trip down to the front desk. We will get it fixed tomorrow. I enquired about moving rooms " Oh sorry can not do that as we only have a few spare rooms left?? The final straw was the toilet and the plumbing. The plumbing had an air block and somebody had left a nasal deposit on the wall in the toilet. Again a trip down to the front desk and this time I had the duty manager come to the room and see for her self the issues that I was encountering. I had her also look at the fridge, Yes it is broken" was her response I will have a new one placed in the room and the front office manager will contact you in the morning to discuss the issues. Guess What NO CALL Although the shower was cleaned the next day it still had mould in it and the nasal deposit on the wall was still there. The fridge was checked and was told the thermostat must have played up. The following night the plumbing was up to its old tricks and no sleep again. Upon checking out I finally spoke to the front office manager. All she could say was sorry. When questioned about who was going to re emberese me for the food I lost ECT I was told to fill out a form and send it off to the address on the back. When told about the plumbing again their response was may you should have tried putting the plug in it. In all fairness, I did complain to the GM by phone and after 24 hours he did call back and was sent a refund for the room but not the porta cot

Over all please save yourself the disappointment as this really did put a damper on what had been a fantastic family holiday

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family