We are currently checked in at this hotel and are not looking forward to uncovering what the next 8 nights may hold for us here...I'll start at the beginning.
We checked in on Monday and were pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of Shelley at reception and the cleanliness of our apartment (we stayed at a sister property last year that was quite dirty on checkin!). Everything seemed to be quite good until my husband discovered mice excrement in one of the kitchen cupboards...initially we decided not to say anything and just kept that cupboard closed...the following evening with both babies asleep and us ready to relax into the evening my husband saw a mouse run across the dining area under the wine fridge. When he told me of this at first I didn't believe him but then I saw the mouse myself.
My husband went down to reception (we decided against calling so as not to disturb the children) and came back with an apology from the staff on duty and the promise of being moved at our convenience-again we decided to wait until morning as we didn't want to wake the kids!
This morning my husband went back to reception and re-explained the situation to be met with disbelief and contempt from the new staff member...her attitude was very much implying that co-habiting with a mouse was not a big deal! She even said that she's worked here four years and never heard of mice problems!!! My husband asked her what the problem was as the night lady was prepared to move us straight away and couldn't have been more apologetic...eventually she relented and gave him the keys to a different apartment clearly pointing out that she was upgrading us.
We are now reasonably settled into our new 'upgraded' apartment, after much inconvenience to ourselves with hardly an offer of assistance from this property (the offer to help came through more than an hour after we'd received the keys!)...
We are still trying to work out how this apartment could be classified as an upgrade from the last...although we do now have a pool view, a pantry and full size fridge...we've also traded both outdoor and indoor dining areas for just an outdoor one and the two split systems have been replaced with an inefficient and seemingly ineffective central heating system!
Also the 'leather' sofa in the upgraded apt is not genuine unlike our previous sofa and has patches peeling,and the two ottomans are disgusting with the PVC peeling terribly.
For the second year in a row the Breakfree properties have been a majorly disappointing aspect of our family holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Hastings Street, Mantra French Quarter is the perfect place to enjoy a seaside escape to Noosa. Mantra French Quarter is set back from the hustle and bustle of Hastings Street yet offers direct access to the shopping, dining and entertainment hub, making it the perfect place to enjoy the best of Noosa. Mantra French Quarter offers self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments or opt to pay a little extra for one of our One or Two Bedroom Deluxe Apartments which have been refurbished. All accommodation offers reverse cycle air conditioning, kitchenette including a stove top, microwave, bar fridge, toaster and tea and coffee facilities, in-house movies and cable TV. There are also laundry facilities and a balcony or terrace for relaxing in the fresh air. At the centre of Mantra French Quarter is a pool, spa, sauna and outdoor barbecue picnic area with a children's wading pool that can be accessed from your room via pathways surrounded by resort gardens. Noosa's famed restaurants and shopping boutiques are literally on the doorstep, with beaches and the National Park just a short stroll away. Within the Sunshine Coast and easily accessible from Noosa is the world's largest sand island, Fraser Island as well as Underwater World, the southern hemisphere's largest oceanarium and Australia Zoo, founded by conservationist Steve Irwin. At Mantra French Quarter you're sure to find an accommodation style to suit your Noosa holiday needs, whether it's a short or long stay you have in mind. Maintenance Notice: Mantra French Quarter will be undergoing pool, sauna and change room maintenance works. The resort sauna and change room/pool toilet facilities will be closed from 30 January until 24 March 2017. There will be alternate change room and toilet facilities within the complex however there are no alternate sauna facilities. There will be remedial works being carried out throughout the pool area and complex, however the pool will remain open during this time. There will be noisy works occurring during the hours of 0830-1700 Monday – Friday. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and look forward to launching our new and updated sauna area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Mantra French Quarter Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree French Quarter Hotel Noosa
- Breakfree French Quarter Noosa