“It was ok”

Noosa International Resort
Ranked #92 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Reviewed February 13, 2010

We ( 2 families) had a four night stay in 2 x 2 bedroom apartments. The apartment could do with an update although it had everything you'd need for a stay, with a kitchen, washing machine and dryer, two bathrooms but no bath tubs, big balcony with table and chairs. The air conditioning was a bit noisy and hardly reached the bedrooms. There were no screens on the windows, so a bit hard to let fresh air in at night with mozzies.
The pool area is great for kids, with lagoon pools and two heated spas. There's a pool bar but it was closed.
Every afternoon we were visited by Lorikeets for a feed of fruit on the balcony.
The kids rode their scooters down to Hastings Street one day but a bit far and uphill to ride back. Parking was very hard to get in Town, although we did manage to park a couple of times in the car park near the surf club in Hastings street. This had in my opinion one of the best stretches of beach I've seen, kids had a blast here.
Overall the stay was ok, we were hardly in our apartment as Noosa has too much to see and do. We only heard outside noise when the garbage trucks were collecting rubbish bins other than that it's a very quite street. We did find reception was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank ellietia
There are newer reviews for Noosa International Resort

Reviewed February 4, 2010

booked 4 nights high season, new year, because we didn't find any other place to stay. We had not read the review on tripadvisor before, that was a pity. This place is the worst I been to in my life, and I stay 150 nights per year at hotel. The place is so noisy from the street that it's hard to sleep. It's also noisy in to the pool area so it's not at all nice to stay there more than for a short bath. The restaurant and bar is closed and looks abandoned in a hurry. But the worst is that the place is so dirty. The public area had the same dirt all days we stayed there, no cleaning at all (Except the pool was cleaned one day) and the apartment was so filthy and nasty. You wouldn't like to sit in the sofas. The kitchen was full of dirt from the last guests, the bathroom was so dirty your finger went black if you touched the floor. When I should call the reception the telephone was dark of dirt. The management sent a cleaner the first day that cleaned only the sofa we pointed out, not the other. The day after they sent a manager from the cleaning company. They had 3 guys cleaning in 2 hours (they said) but still not cleaned the terrible dirty bathroom. On check out the staff looked at the bathroom and the black dirt on the floor. I spend several ours with the cleaning people and upon that several hours trying to get wifi internet to function, but not, they had connection problems. The place was very expensive (290aud per night) so I claimed for some payback, but no reaction. When I had contact them several times the respond was unacceptable. They simply doesn't want to understand my complains. A horrible, disgusting and depressing place. Keep away!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JanneJ
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We (me+hubby+3 kids under 6+my parents) stayed in two two bedrom apartments. We requested the apartments to be together and they were so we were happy with that.

The apartments themselves could do with some updating. My parents apartment could also have been cleaner. One of the bathrooms in ours had a pretty bad smell coming from the drains. On the up side they were a great size and furnished well.

The pool area was really nice and my 3 kids had a great time in the pool and spas.

The location is a fair hike from the beach (up a steep hill on the way back) so if you are mad keen on frequent beach days I would stay closer to Hastings St. It was a good location however in that it was quiet and relatively close to a major shopping area.

All in all we had a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mammalyn
Reviewed September 25, 2009

I have read a lot of mixed reviews about this place and was so concerned that I nearly changed my place of stay.
All I can say is THANK GOODNESS THAT I DIDNT CHANGE.
I loved it, the pool was great, the spas were relaxing, the other guests were respectful , the room was first class and the view was worth a million dollars.
The only problem was that the pool bar and the restaurant were closed...SO WHAT, the rest was the best and the value for money was first class.
I got a package deal with Jetstar and could not be happier with every thing.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Despite a fairly central location between Noosa Junction and Noosa Heads Hastings Street, this place is very tired. It's a mix of permant and holiday rental. There are nice pools, but we were told the heater had broken and was coming back to speed each day. The pool never heated up. We chose the hotel specifically to take our 1 year old in the warm pool.
Rooms are large, furniture etc is tired, All rooms different as they are clearly privately owned. We booked cot and baby stuff online and were not told of the cost. I called direct to check on linen to be told the price of the linen. On leaving I was hit with a large bill that was never previously mentioned. The apartments are cold, blinds damaged, equipment tired and broken., bathrooms dated

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Myself and my partner stayed at the hotel for a weekend. The hotel is located on a hill, about 10min walk from Noosa beach. The walk is not too bad on the way down, but a killer on the way back. The resort looks as though is has never been renovated since it was built. The only thing new in the rooms was a lamp, kitchen cupboards, and new down lights. The room still has its original oven, a nice brown number from the 1980's. When I was looking for accommodation in Noosa, I had left it to the last minute and there was little availabilitiy left around Hasting street. I had chosen Breakfree International over other cheaper hotels located down on Hastings street as the
Breakfree international had a pool bar, I thought it would be worth the extra 40 or so dollars. When we arrived I was informed that the pool bar and the restaurant were privately owned and they were both closed, which was beyond the control of breakfree apparently. I had a look in the closed pool bar and it was run down and grotty. The premises overall is rundown: there is a large crack through the middle of the pool, the gardens are messy, there were plants growing in the balconies through the tiles, and the lounge suits have massive wear stains in them. The place is ideal for someone just looking for the basics, however the place is over priced for what it is, and the amenities are falling apart. I think we would have been better off paying 180 for the cheaper hotel located next to the beach.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2008

I booked this Hotel before reading the reviews on this site. I contacted the hotel once I had read the reviews as I was concerned to what I had read. The reviews listed are correct.

I travel susbantially in my line of work, I had concerns as to the enjoyment my family would experience staying here.

This hotel would have to be the noisyest I have ever stayed in.
The drunks fighting and yelling on the way out of the Reef Hotel, bottles being smashed on the road and vommit on the naturestrip outside the enterance wall to our room. This was a nightly occurance as soon as it got dark. Being situated on a hill, the Bus's would use the airbrakes going down the hill and cars would speed up the hill to the lookout.

I won't mention the condition of the room, the lack of a paint, fixtures, lights that didnt work, can opener which was about 10 years old, television remote not working. I am still trying to understand the 3 couches and 2 side chairs which greeted us in our 2 bedroom unit. The room resembled a second hand furniture shop, with all the couches. The only advantage of this hotel, is its location, it should be bulldozed and re-built from the groundup, the location and size of the land, would be paramount to built a premier resort on. I was embarrased for my family to have to stay in this resort.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DamienMelbourne