“Very tired resort ”

Noosa International Resort
Ranked #92 of 141 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Before our stay in January 2014, I read a few reviews on here which gave the impression that the resort had been recently renovated. After our stay, I realise these were people attempting to advertise for the resort. I would look sceptically at the overly positive reviews on here as they don't seem to match up with what you find upon staying.

The resort looks very tired and outdated. Paint peeling off the walls, dirty rooms, facilities no longer working or in a state of disrepair. This resort is definitely past it's prime. For the price they are asking, I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere for your holiday.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days whilst travelling from Sydney to Port Douglas. It was a welcome break. The staff were polite and helpful and the apartment clean and well stocked. Only a short distance from the main beach and lovely restaurants although a bit of a hike back up the hill to the resort. However this did not detract from a beautiful setting.
One drawback was that wifi was only available in the main reception area, unless you wished to pay. We also had to keep the bedroom curtain drawn due to close proximity to the road. A better solution would be to have a net curtain to allow more light.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rfgdevonuk
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Great resort in a great location, nice walk down to Hastings Street and next to National Park. Very hilly walks but that's Noosa!
Reception were friendly and helpful and the resort was very quiet, most of the time had pool and spa to oneself in the evenings and some day times.
Plenty of space in the living areas and balcony. Was hard to get my partner to leave the resort and explore Noosa he liked it there so much!
Would def go back, missing it already!

Room Tip: If you have a room overlooking the pool it's nice and quiet to look out over.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Riji
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The room we had was surface clean. We were constantly sneezing from the amount of dust.
Its very outdated n over priced!having a toddler n being in third floor with no lifts proved to b a challenge taking all our belongs up n down.
I felt disgusted the whole stay. I will not recommend nor ever stay there again!this is NOT A RESORT! FAR FROM IT!!! Hated this place. Under my daughtrs bed was bits n pieces and heaps of dust. Webs in corners. Kitchen old and falling apart.
Horrible place. Totally over priced!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had the heebie jeebies my whole stay. The resort is old and tired. The pool was full of 60+ yr old single men! smoking. Definitely not family friendly. The pool bar is essentially an open trash pile full of construction rubbish, smashed glass and other junk.
The coup de gras was the filthy hotel room. Our shower had pubic hair on the floor, and we had just arrived, and that's just the beginning.
Stay away is my advice.
The only thing going for this place is the location. 15 minute walk to the beach and close to lots of shops etc

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013

WOW! what a difference a year makes. The Noosa international has been transformed since Breakfree left and it is under new management, The whole resort has had a transformation and what was once tired and run down is once again a top spot to holiday. We were there for the Noosa triathlon - a perfect location and the apartment was spotless, roomy, and very comfortable. Close to all the action and very well priced. A super safe environment for kids too We have already booked again for next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beth668
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Myself husband and 6 month old daughter stayed here last week and we were very disappointed with noosa international from moment we arrived. We were located on the third floor where there is no lift and were expected to get our baby and pram up there everytime we went anywhere. When we arrived I called reception and politely asked if there was another 2 bed apartment on the ground floor due to difficulty with pram... it was an immediate and abrupt NO from receptionist and she said you should have mentioned having a baby in the booking. I replied I did as I specifically requested a travel cot for my 6 month old baby..... but again no help in relocating..... basically just get on with it!! The entrance into the apartment also has steep steps inside! It was seriously dated interior and NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!! We would certainly not be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013