“Will the real Noosa Blue please stand up”
Review of Noosa Blue Resort

Noosa Blue Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
north west
“Will the real Noosa Blue please stand up”
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Excellent location, lovely apartment with superb facilities, friendly staff, fantastic breakfasts. I'm fed up with reading negative trip advisor reviews only to find them completely erroneous on arrival.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Christchurch
Reviewed October 18, 2009

If its service, and cleanliness and a really nice modern accomodation and facilities, then this IS NOT the place to stay. I read neg reviews and thought `oh it cant be that bad',reluctantly we still chose to go, great photos etc ,....the BIG sell only to wish I had believed the feedback from this site. Reception was closed at 8.30pm at night for us upon our arrival which wasnt very welcolming, then an hour later when we finally found out how to get in, there was a raging party going next door. "Got no sleep, and as staff on duty, nothing could be done about it'.Dated facilities and decor,tv,radio etc.We didnt take photo of complex as dirty surrounds, and spas in the penthouse suites, all messy with messy gardens too.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Engineerbuff
c q
Reviewed October 18, 2009

this hotel is in very poor condition , my brother and i shared a room here and the air conditioning leaked into the bed all night , we were up graded the next night to another room which had little going for it . another hotel in dire need of a face lift .....look elsewhere if you would like to enjoy yourself .......

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank CQMatt
Melbourne
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I stayed at this over rated excuse for a resort in July. i have never been in such a terrible place for poor management, and I travel in Australia and to other parts of the world on a fairly regular basis. I am far from a "fussy' traveller, and prefer not to use staff for my every need, unlike some who think they should be waited on hand and foot.
But actually there appears to be no management..or at least no General Manager..he seems to hide, becoming invisible, hoping those "below him" will take all the flak. The room was terrible, and we also experienced "undesirables' hanging about the place. How this place won any tourism award in the past is beyond me.
The rooms are rubbish, not even properly cleaned.
The noise from drunken parties was bad enough, but when people from the next room to us complained, (they beat me to complaining), nothing was done.
To be fair, one of the girls on reception during the day was competent and friendly. If only the General Manager was as competent and actually got back to people who aired their concerns. Poor communication, or total lack of it, after leaving numerous messages for him to appear.
If this is what people's introduction to Noosa is, God help us all. I spoke to a few locals who said the place has gone down hill badly in recent years. Even the local police can't stand the joint. For what reason I am not sure, but i did hear some bad reports about issues I will not mention here. Will never return to this grub hole and its poor service, and for those who found their experience there pleasant...they must have been just lucky at their chosen time.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank TheSlothMelbourne
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Talk about nightmares.. want the stress, inconvenience and rudeness we were exposed to? Well, book yourself a weekend at Noosa Blue NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The nightmare started Friday 7th August and just got worse and worse! After going out for a romantic dinner on Friday night our locked room was broken into (no signs of forced entry) and we had our possessions stolen to the value of over $1000. On reporting this theft to reception we were a given a response worthy of Basil Fawlty at his best! They inferred we were at fault and made no attempts to make us feel better as paying guests. My suggestion that someone may have had a master key to gain entrance was quickly dismissed. I requested that my prior payment for accommodation for the following night be refunded to which the charming lady at the front counter agreed to. I requested a 1100hr checkout that day so we could organise and compose ourselves, but was told by the reception manager to get out by 1030hr as 'other people may be wanting to check in'. So I did as requested, disappointed at such a luck of care or compassion in 'paradise'.
A few hours later I filed a stolen property report with Queensland Police and informed the Reception Manager of this, mentioning the Traveller Accommodation Providers (Liability) Act 2001. I also requested that she notify the general manager of this incident. The reception manager later called me back advising me to submit an incident report to the hotel. Since then I have repeatedly called the General Manager leaving numerous messages for him to call me back to discuss the status of the incident report but NOTHING back. We have even called reception requesting to speak to the General Manager but are told he is on other calls and will call back but.. you guessed it.. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! So if you want to stay at a place run by an incompetent, rude,inconsiderate, gutless 'so-called' General Manager, be my guest! This place is not worth piddling on if it was on fire!!! A BIG THUMBS DOWN! I BEG YOU NOT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS POTENTIAL NIGHTMARE OF A PLACE!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RobbedatResort
Sydney
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We were there for our honeymoon in September 2008.

Maybe the hotel has been upgraded since our visit, but at that time it was a little threadbare, with peeling veneer in the kitchen, patchy stained lounge suite and faded paint. VCR and stereo had seen better days. We had been to the hotel twice before ; the last time 5 years earlier, and not a thing had changed despite 5 years of hard wear and tear. For the price, it's time for an upgrade.

However we did enjoy the champagne and rose petal spa bath experience as part of our honeymoon package. So carefully arranged and a lovely indulgence. Actual French champagne included!

The other little problem worth mentioning was the all night party next door, conducted upstairs in their rooftop spa. Loud music, continuous spa engine noise, drunken yelling. Soundproofing probably wouldn't have helped the situation as we wanted the windows open - but better management of guest noise control would help. We had to call and wait for external security to arrive and sort it out.

I will go back as soon as I hear they've renovated because:

1. Quite like the position/location
2. Love the rooftop spa
3. the restaurant by the pool has so much potential
4. Great for kids

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Auckland New Zealand
Reviewed August 14, 2009

We booked Noosa Blue through Wotif Mystery hotel offer stayed 5th Aug 09 to 12th Aug 09,we were horrified when we read the reports on TripAdvisor about the resort. But i must admit for what we paid i thought it was very good value and we were plesantly supprised.
The staff we found friendly
The location was good, the hill to Hastings street is only a problem if your grossly overweight or have a medical problem, only an 8 min walk.
To be on hastings street you will pay 4 times more than what we paid.
Cleanliness could have been better.
Security is a problem everywhere even at home. The rooms do have deadlocks on the ranchsliders but unless a room has a safe we would never leave valuables in the room anyway.
The large corner spa in the bedroom was fine, a nice touch.
The rooms themselfs were a very good size, the kitchen, bathroom, tv, Cd, Dvd were all good.
But the bedding could been better and the matteress was poor.
Overall if i was paying the rack rate i would have been very disapointed but for what we paid i was very happy.
We would recommend that management have somone on site 24/7 to deal with issues ie loud parties, guest concerns and security.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple