“Very peaceful”

Noosa Blue Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
“Very peaceful”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had a wonderful stay apart from the rain!
Really friendly staff made stay enjoyable we will come again.
The food was fantastic in the resort restaurant as were the staff there.
Very well located for access to noosa beaches & Hastings street

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Colinclemens
NoosaBlueResort, General Manager at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hi Colinclemens,
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to provide a great experience, although we haven’t figured out yet how to control the weather - it seems we need to keep working on that one!
The cafe is really coming into its own now and helping guests enjoy their time in house as much as possible. Sunshine, poolside, tapas and chilled drinks is a great way to relax and enjoy an adult environment on a Sunday afternoon - we look forward to welcoming you back to Noosa Blue when you are next ready to indulge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Tannum Sands, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and i have just recently been married (23 of February 2014) and wanted to get away to Noosa for our honeymoon, as we both LOVE Noosa. We decided on staying at Noosa Blue Resort for 5 nights. We were given a penthouse suite on the 4th floor and we could not have been happier! As soon as we walked through the doors we knew we had made a great choice in staying here. The cleaning was exceptional, being a former housekeeper i did my rounds of the room. We were greeted by Mel at reception and she is the most bubbliest person we have met! She was more than happy to check us into our room with no dramas. She marked on a map were nice restaurants were and things to do in the area. Noosa Blue is so close to everything! 5 minutes walk down the hill to Hastings Street and in the opposite direction, a 5 minute walk to Noosa Junction. The view from our room overlooked the pool area and Noosa drive. Our rooftop spa gave us a view we shall never forget! We ate out most nights and loved the floating restaurant ( The Boat House) recommended to us by Mel. I couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon! We marked this Resort 10/10! The bed was very comfortable, although we didn't do much sleeping, it was still great! The pull out sofa came in handy for us to watch TV with the comfort of laying down. The housekeeping staff I'd like to thank especially, as I know sometimes they get overlooked, but if it wasn't for them, the resort wouldn't get business. The management are doing a fantastic job in the refurbishment of the establishment. The receptionist (especially Mel) we would also love to thank specifically for making our stay one of the most enjoyable. We will definitely be coming back to stay, most likely sometime soon! We cannot fault The Noosa Blue Resort, and welcome all travelling couples, newly weds, anniversary celebrators and families to stay here and enjoy what we were able to enjoy. Thanks once again to everyone at Noosa Blue, we will see you again soon!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shaynesse B
Thank you Shaynesse B, we could not be happier that we were able to add that bit extra to your special time.
While Noosa itself is an undeniable gem, we are trying our best to provide a level of service that allows our guests to do the things they came here for - relax, enjoy, indulge.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay to explore the rest Noosa has to offer and hope we can make your next stay as memorable.
PS - the cleaning staff greatly appreciated your comments as we do, they are a vital part of the team.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed here for a three night weekend. Enjoyed our apartment spilling onto pool area. Was able to be made private with shutters. Unit was a good size with bathroom and laundry combined and a well equipped kitchen in the living area. The huge bedroom contained a spa but wardrobe was in hall. As mature travellers I like a wardrobe in bedroom but spa would appeal to younger people I am sure. Girl on desk was very friendly as was girl in coffee shop. Great position straight across from pub, 5 min to Hastings Street beach or Noosa Junction. We never used our car all weekend. We were very happy with Noosa Blue!

Room Tip: You could ask for a room with a view over the ocean. We liked spilling onto pool.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Mjsmith64
NoosaBlueResort, Owner at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us Mjsmith and as you are an experienced traveller we appreciate and respect your contribution as we are sure other tripadvisor readers do.
The resort is close to all things in Noosa and as you mentioned you didn't need your car all weekend and with the weather so beautiful, walking is a pleasure and has the added benefits of seeing close at hand Noosa's natural beauty.
While unfortunately we can’t change the location of the wardrobes, we are continuing to upgrade the Resort where we can with our free Wi-Fi testing programme almost complete and soon to be available in all rooms for our guests convenience.
We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Noosa Blue in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I really like this resort - the rooms are beautiful - lots of stone, very cool looking and feeling - I had a ground floor room that had a lovely little courtyard with a bbq. Breakfast was excellent - lovely airy room with lots of light and lovely friendly service. Really enjoyed my stay and will be back again - a little far from Hastings Street but the exercise is always a good thing.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms very roomy.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank maddie1964
NoosaBlueResort, Manager at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear maddie1964, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of the Resort. The team are always encouraged to read such positive feedback and comments like ‘the rooms are beautiful’ and that ‘breakfast was excellent’ and that the service was ‘friendly’. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort again soon!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My partner and I stayed at Noosa blue over the Valentines day weekend this year (2014) and we could not be happier with our stay. It's up the hill from the beach so it is much quieter than the more 'family orientated' hotels in Hastings St and less street noise. We had no problems walking down the hill to the beach or the cafes.

Melanie, at the front desk, could not have been more helpful and even organized for a special treat for my partner in our room. She is warm and personable and gave us a good idea of where we wanted to visit over the weekend. We encountered one issue, which was immediately rectified with a smile and thus didn't affect our stay.

We absolutely loved the decor of the room, especially the in bedroom spa and our little back patio/bbq area (which we had no expected and very much appreciated!). The bed was comfortable and the suite was very modern, clean and well equipped.

I was a little trepidated to book this after reading a few of the reviews online, but I'm so glad I did because our weekend was fantastic. My partner and I are quiet, private people and we enjoyed the peaceful tranquility of this hotel.

A big thank you to everyone at Noosa Blue.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Libbi W
A big thank you to you Libbi W for your review. The team especially Melanie was thrilled to hear that you and your partner had a fantastic Valentine’s Day weekend. Melanie gets a real kick out of providing guest with something that personalizes their guest experience and makes their stay with us memorable. We look forward to welcome you back soon for some more peaceful tranquillity soon!
Morges, Switzerland
Reviewed January 30, 2014

If I didn't vote excellent was only because I did not get a view from my suite. It was a last minute reservation, first week of January...
I used to be a resident of Noosa Heads for many years and now I am living overseas. After few weeks here and there between the Sunshine Coast and Sydney, I needed a little resort life before returning home. I choose Noosa Blue for the situation as I could walk everywhere, also, Pauline Wolk gave me a recommandation before I made my booking and I was not deceived. She looked after me extremely well and so did the other staff members; being convalescent I needed extra care that I received gracefully, nothing that they could not do. The resort was quiet, away from the madness of the silly season, just what I needed...still being able to enjoy all Hastings Street festivities just down the road.
My suite was on the pool side, spacious, clean and full of the morning sun, as for the pool, just great to be able to do serious laps...
It was a perfect stay for me, Noosa Blue is not a 5 stars resort but certainly I received 5 stars service, thank you for the friendliness of all the staff members.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Colette O
NoosaBlueResort, Manager at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Colette O Thank you for your review, it was our pleasure and no effort to provide those little extras you requested to make your stay more comfortable. Pauline and the team where delighted to hear that you enjoyed your little bit of ‘resort life’ before returning overseas. We look forward to seeing you when you return home to Noosa Heads again soon!
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2014

It is unfortunate that I have to write this email in regards to our stay at "Noosa Blue Resort" as I am not the kind of client who complains, however, after this regretful experience I have decided that something needs to be said.
We booked a 3 night getaway at Noosa Blue Resort paying $175-$185 a night including breakfast, parking and free wifi. We had stayed at the resort 8 times over the last 5 years and it had been a firm family favourite, needless to say we were extremely excited about the getaway. However due to this experience, Noosa will never be the same and I doubt we will EVER return…
After 4 hours of driving we arrived with high expectations. We understood that the hotel was now under new management and looked forward to the new and revamped resort. Sadly the property was functioning at a higher standard when it was in receivership! I have no idea what the new owners are thinking or if they have ever been in the hotel business before – the customer service or lack of is absolutely shocking! Upon check in we were allocated into Room 318 on level 3 and this is where the real fun begins.
The Room was unclean / unsanitary - Long black hair was found all over the bathroom and in the kitchen on the bench. Towels were stained and dirty and when I asked for a new towel, the cleaners said " we do not replace the towels everyday" - Paying $185 a night you would expect some kind of cleaning service, this isn’t a hostel where you pay $40 a night and expect this level of service!
So that was the disappointing … now to the disgusting…. we also discovered human faeces on the lounge chair, & sadly there had been no attempt to clean this disgusting mess! We weren't sure what it was at first - however there is no disguising the stench of faeces. When this was brought to the attention of the cleaners, they scoffed at our request and said that we would have to pay extra $$$ for an additional clean! There was nowhere else for us to sit in the room and the management didn't even offer to let us change rooms!
Don’t get me started on the breakfast! Sure… the rooms included the breakie but seriously…no buffet breakfast and only 4 choices on the menu. If you didn't like Bacon and eggs.... or eggs and bacon then lets just say there wasn't much else! On a side note, with breakfast only 1 coffee was included (no re-fills) - hardly worth it! 4 coffees, 1 piece of toast, 1 egg cost an additional $29!!!
We cut our trip short by a day due to this experience and it is safe to say we will never return ….

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Wendy C
NoosaBlueResort, Manager at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
The team were surprised to receive your review, especially after your comments to three of our staff how much you loved the resort noting on the first and second day of your stay you asked to be put in touch with a sales agent about buying an apartment. Management are very concerned about your comments specifically about the cleanliness of your room. We checked it immediately and can certainly reassure you that there were no faeces on the brand new sofa.
We are always happy to supply additional towels whenever requested, though as the apartments are self-contained, they are only serviced in line with best industry practice with additional servicing available by request.
It has also come to our attention that there was an issue with the café staff asking you to drink your beer from a plastic glass by our main pool, naturally this is to manage the safety risk associated with broken glass as we need to consider all our resort guests welfare. We hope this issue didn’t reflect on your judgment of the café as the staff are always only too happy to provide anything they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
We strive to provide the best service possible here at Noosa Blue and are continually reviewing our processes and procedures to try to exceed our customers’ expectations.
We would welcome the opportunity to address your comments personally via phone, we have left a few messages for you. Please feel free to call us at your earliest convenience.