“Too much noise”
Review of Noosa Blue Resort

Noosa Blue Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Ive stayed in many hotels over my travels, including ones in 3rd world countries and I have to say the noise at Noosa Blue has been the worst. The walls have got to be made of foam. You can hear every word that is spoken outside of the room, any pressure that is applied to the floor of the room above you, sounds of maintenance trolly rolling along the ground. It's impossible to sleep past the time that the first person in the hotel wakes up and makes noise. If you want peace and quiet, I wouldn't stay here. If you're an early riser and are up between 6-7am every morning you'll be fine.
Our room was at the back of the resort and we could still hear the screaming of children first thing in the morning in the pool. Noise travels through the walls in this place.
There was also no phone our room, so had to leave the room to speak to reception everytime. Also the curtains are made of sheer material, so light comes into your bedroom every morning lighting up the whole room.
I'd say this is the place for people who do not wish to sleep past 7am. I'm not staying here again and I'm a tolerant, Low maintenance traveller. I just want the simple things, rest and quiet in my room in the morning.
Also the "king" bed is 2 single beds pushed together. You can imagine if you're a couple that this means you're divided by the hard seam in the middle. Not worth the price. And a testament to my review is that I never wrote reviews because I'm easily pleased. Enough said!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Aem7

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just got back from a mini getaway to the Sunshine Coast and loved it! The resort staff were friendly on arrival, the place has a secure undercover parking area which is great. We didn't get a room on the higher levels but we had a view of the pool which was nice. The apartment comes with aircon and ceiling fans and it was nice, clean and tastefully furnished. Also came with a kettle, toaster, complimentary water and tea/coffee/small milk. We had a big king size bed which was great! However, the sheets were a bit tough and stiff and smelt a little of chlorine.... The best part though was the massive spa bath! It was fantastic! We also had a large separate shower; the shower pressure was really good! It's literally only 5-10min walk to Hasting st. and the beach and about the same distance to the main drag which has places to eat, touristy shops and a mini target country.
Overall it was a really enjoyable, relaxing, do-nothing getaway.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a spa bath as some rooms apparently don't come with one. Being on one of t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

For a wonderful mini break you can't beat Noosa Blue for location, ambience and value for money.
This is a place for couples. The decor is beautiful and so are the views if you get a high floor or even a pool view. Lagoon style pool is wonderful

You can walk to Hastings street, taxi it back if you feel lazy... Really enjoy your time away!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kwil11
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a wonderful weekend away at the Noosa Blue Resort. I organised to stay at one of the newly renovated Omac penthouses, managed separately by David Lacey, who was very accomodating indeed. As this was to be a special weekend (I was planning to propose to my girlfriend), I asked David for something romantic and he delivered.. The room was ideal, with a large and very comfortable 4-poster canopy bed, an in-room spa, nice modern bathroom, lounge and flat screen tv, kitchenette with new appliances, CD player with iPod docking station, and our own private jacuzzi on the rooftop terrace which overlooked the hinterland. The jacuzzi was a real treat, especially considering the cooler weather, and was so relaxing after our Noosa National Park coastal walk (just a few minutes down the road). The room was clean, spacious and comfortable and we felt right at home as soon as we entered. The resort is located at the top of the hill which leads down to Hastings Street - only a short 5-minute walk down to a selection of great restaurants and shops, and there is a bottle shop directly across the road from the resort which we found very handy. There was a bit of noise coming from the pub across the road on the Saturday night but the bed was so comfortable that it didn't interrupt our sleep too much.

Stay here and you won't be disappointed. I am sure the resort as a whole will be fantastic once the remaining rooms are renovated in the coming months. Thank you to David for being so hospitable and professional. We wouldn't hesitate coming back here to stay again in the future. My fiancé and I now have some very special memories of a wonderful engagement weekend at Noosa.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

plump healthy restfull pillows and luxury sheets a dreamy sleeping experience .......

Room Tip: Ask the helpful staff
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in a penthouse in level 3. Fantastic views from the terrace and apartment was clean and tidy. I was concerned by some other reviews but was happy with my room and facilities. Yes they can be improved and apparently that is happening this year but honestly very nice anyway. Clean spacious and comfortable. The terrace is a winner and when the rooms get a facelift (I asked to see one already done) they were modernized and updates. Great location and walking distance to most areas. All in all I would happily recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Booked a penthouse suite through omac premier apartments, which from what I understand are a group of renovated/refurbished apartments managed separately to the hotel itself by a lovely fellow named David. I had no regrets at all dealing with things this way. All appliances were new and fully functional, the kitchenette stocked with enough to prepare a basic meal, and the spa on the top deck was simply divine. Well located an easy downhill/uphill walk equidistant from both hastings st and noosa junction. Good shower, quality linens, no problems with noise from other patrons or even the pub which is across the road (and very handy I might add!!). Best meals were had at a cafe called 'canteen' at noosa junction. Wonderful weekend, just book through omac if you are worried about this venue!! The communal pool and spa were spotless, for what its worth..though the general areas need a colour update and a good scrub. No bar or cafe, but close to many. Expected a bit of shabbiness given previous reviews but was pleasantly surprised...

Room Tip: We had room 404 with limited views of noosa river, I would suggest 408, on the end of the block woul...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple