“My stay at noosa nomads”
Review of Nomads Noosa

Nomads Noosa
Ranked #137 of 141 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Reviewed December 13, 2013

All together I enjoyed my stay at nomads. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. The wifi is unreliable but free.
The kitchen's fridges are overfilled and most of the gas cookers are broken. I also think the dorms need some lockers to be able to secure your valuables.

But Nomads deserves a big plus for offering free tours to the national park or to see the sunset.
My friends and I joined the national park tour which was lead by KIWI Tim. He did a very good job and also showed us a "secret" spot where we could go for a swim.

Cheers! Christian

Room Tip: book the dorms!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Really enjoyed staying at Nomads Noosa. The people who work at the hostel look after you a lot especially if you book the Fraser Island tour. It's a great location situated near the main beach (about a 5 minute walk). The manager of the hostel and the staff are really nice and friendly as well as the bar staff (KB's). Rooms are nice and clean. Nice pool and kitchen facility. The five dollar meals are great for backpackers on a budget!

I have enjoyed my stay here overall and would recommend this hostel to friends who would like to go to Noosa.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere. Kitchen is the worst we have seen in our whole time in oz. No cooking pans and utensils and far to small for the amount of people "staying" at the hostel. Its also filthy and no one washes or drys up. Theifs also roam the area who obv have no money for themselves to eat! There is people trying to sneak people into rooms and not paying leaving an awful mess and a lot of angry tennants who have paid the 31 bucks to stay! Why shouldnt they!? The rooms are boiling hot with no air con. Really people don't go on reputation of nomads this hostel is a no go unless you wana be ripped off! Only plus side is the staff who are all really friendly. Needs running a lot better!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Although I booked 16 dorm room, It was okay, but little hot..
A toilet and 2 shower in my room, for 16 people.
It is easy to book lots of tours and activities.
Bar in the hostel produce good food, drink and some games, events as well.
There are nice, friendly staffs
big area and big pool as well~

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Although I called the day before I arrived to make sure the shuttle bus would pick me up it was 45 minutes late and it only came because I called the hostel. The young guy who picked me up was extremely rude. After I finally got checked in I went to the room I was assigned only to discover there were no free beds. The two men working at reception were very unorganized and it took them a long time to find a different room for me. There was no air conditioning in the room and the fan was broken. Those of us in the room asked when it would fixed but we were told it wouldnt be. There was only one shower and toliet for eight people to share and no common ones. There are no ladders on the bunk beds so it is very difficult to get up. The plastic covers also make the beds very noisy. This is a party hostel and it is very loud so dont plan on getting any sleep. There are many people staying at this hotel and it is very crowded. It is also very dirty everywhere. There is not very much in the kitchen to cook with so preparing food was a challenge. I really couldnt wait to leave.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LoveTraveling186525
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a 16 bed dorm surprisingly spacious! Glad we had a bathroom in our room as communal facilities didn't look good. We had 2 showers and a toilet which was more than enough for our room. Only 2 fans for the room which is a bit of a pain! Lack of convenient plug sockets but no big issue. Beds are pretty comfy and wide for a bunk bed.

Hostel in a great central location people who can't be bothered to walk to main beach can get a bus but it's so easy to walk to! Great activities and good adjoining bar. Cheap drinks and great large $5 meals every night.

Free pizza and BBQ night sounds more wonderful when it is. Make sure you eat an evening meal and treat this as a free snack as BBQ is 2 sausages or 2 chicken wings and free pizza is 2 slices of Pizza Hut pizza. Slight false advertisement.

Only major improvement to the hostel would be more stoves and kitchen equipment as cooking in there is very stressful when full due to lack of supplies!

Overall a great little hostel with a nice feel and the most important thing it is CLEAN.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I heard so many things about the nomad hostels so stayed here for a few days. When we arrived in noosa we had a shuttle ready waiting to pick us up and drop us at the hostel which was fantastic. Most the people in the hostel where a good laugh and very social. After a good start the hostel went down hill from then on.

When we arrived at the desk it took about 30 minutes to check in as the member of staff was being trained up but got left by themselves at the most busiest periods. After checking in we got to our room, it can only be described a shanty town style room. 16 people for a tiny room and the fans didnt work and there was no ac in the rooms either. for $26 a night you would expect better quality rooms and service from the staff.

We decided to book our australia zoo tour with nomads as they had the cheapest offer and you could get a shuttle to the bus station. When booking this we where told we needed to book another nights stay as the day we wanted was fully booked (not a problem). We got moved into a different room and had to pay $31 to stay in an 8 bed room. Our old room mates even told us that no one moved into our old rooms. To book this tour took just under 1hour to sort as the member off staff didnt have a clue what they where doing.

In the hostel bar at night the security staff seemed as if they had a chip on their shoulder as they where unpleasant to both male and female punters in the bar.

Would recommend if you go to noosa find a different hostel as for me, this was one of the worst hostels I have stayed in in my 6 months in australia!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noosa
1 mi away
Ingenia Holidays Noosa
Ingenia Holidays Noosa
#4 of 41 in Noosaville
Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas

Been to Nomads Noosa? Share your experiences!