“I love Noosa and love location of the Sebel”
Review of The Sebel Noosa

The Sebel Noosa
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed November 11, 2006

We love staying at the Sebel. I lived in Brisbane for 3 years and then moved to USA. I travel back to Brisbane every year to visit my family and always go back to Noosa. Noosa is one of the best vacation locations in Aussie and only a couple of hours away from Brisbane. Every year we go back we stay at the Sebel and always request the same room. The Sebel is located in the Middle of Hastings Street and is close to EVERYTHING. Trust me, I have researched all the resorts and hotels in Noosa and the Sebel is one of the best. I have stayed there 4 years in a row and intend to go back again this year. The prices varies so shop around. Try Wotif.com and go to the local real estate agents in the area as they have alot of rooms on their books. Enjoy your stay. You will love Noosa.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank DISHIPP

Reviewed October 12, 2006

I stayed with my husband rather recently for a week. The accomodation, location and amenities were simply dreadful.
As the resort sells itself as "exclusive" and perfect for couples I couldn't actually think of anywhere less I'd rather spend any time at all.
In terms of delightful and exclusive Hastings Street, think Times Square or Leicester Square just with lots of women's clothes shops. There is certainly nothing special about The Sebel Resort which claims to be one of the best in Noosa. Personally I don't think 2nd floor apartment is exclusive with views of the kitchen to another apartment is luxurious but call me fussy. I'm not quite sure what was so wonderful about the paddling pool they describe as relaxing and tranquil.
The reception was a complete after-thought in the design of the apartment block (and it is an apartment block literally taken right out of the Costa del Sol) I didn't find the staff particularly helpful and certainly not very visual on the holiday, but they did repair a light that had broken in the balcony.
The restaurants were mediocre, try Noosaville for better restaurants and views, unless looking at apartment blocks and parked cars is your idea of fantastic views.
I am just very sorry that we wasted 7 nights of a 3 week holiday in this resort.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Happyholiday1
Reviewed October 10, 2006

My wife and I stayed here for a week recently. Overall we were very disappointed with the Sebel. Far from being the luxury resort described it is in fact nothing more than a crowded series of apartment blocks with no views, no decent pool and little privacy.

The compound (I call it a compound as it is guarded by prison-style gates) is located on Hastings St... the wrong side of Hastings St with neither a view of the sea or the lagoon/river behind. The pool is laughably small with just (consider there are 80 1 or 2 bed apartments in the Sebel) 10 sun loungers. But you wouldn't want to use them anyway as the adjacent apartment blocks are so close to the pool and crowded with palm trees that the area spends 23 hrs a day in darkness. You couldn't use them at all unless you got up at 4am to place towels on them. The spa pool nearby was crowded with the same family throughout our entire stay.

Our 1 bed apartment was a good size, clean with all the standard stuff you'd expect. The bathroom was bizarre with three (yes, 3) awkward and pointless sliding doors. The spa bath and shower were nice though.

We had a balcony, but it was pointless to use, in shade for the whole of the day its view gazed into the kitchen of the apartment opposite, about 10 meters away.

You may feel I am being harsh. I am not. Although the staff were good, the complex modern, well-maintained and clean, the Sebel sold itself to us a luxury, top class resort. It isn't, therefore I feel its shortcomings should be described.

There are far better apartments nearby on Hasting St. Personally (unless being 5 minutes walk from the beach is vital to you) I would choose a river fronted location in nearby Noosaville instead for considerably less money.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank jimthetraveller
Reviewed October 6, 2006

All I can say is do not stay in apartment 517. A strange damp/sewerage smell pervades through the entire apartment. The curtains in the main bedroom may have been the source of some of the smell but the sewerage smell could not be traced to anything in particular. 2
The apartment was on the ground floor overlooking the pool and received very little natural light. Anyone using the pool had a great view into the apartment so the curtains had to be kept closed most of the time for privacy. We did ask for an alternative apartment at the outset but were shown a one bedroom apartment as an alternative (where would our daughter have slept I wonder?) It is also worth bearing in mind that the kitchens are really just kitchenettes (not that anyone would want to cook a meal given all the lovely restaurants on the doorstep but....).
We booked directly with the resort and payed the price. At A$610 a night this resort was not value for money.
The only good thing was the resort was in a fantastic location.
Look out for the sunlounger hoggers who put their towels (and books, sunscreen etc) onto the limited sunloungers that actually are in the sun and disappear for the day.
I appreciate that my review completely conflicts with all of the others on this website but I am just being truthful about my experience.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank qscvhu
Reviewed September 14, 2006

The Sebel Resort Hotel could not be better positioned on Hastings Street in the heart of this delightful, if a little chi chi, seaside town. The apartments are fantastic, everything you could possibly need (and more); swimming pool at the heart of the complex has 'Tuscan urns pouring water in from all sides and surrounded by palm trees. This could be very tacky but it isn't. No restaurant but with a branch of the delightful Aromas cafe/brasserie outside the door (you can put meals on your Sebel bill) and a wonderful selection of eating places all down the street, why would you want to eat-in.
When we were there the early September the jazz festival was on, so Noosa was heaving, but full of wonderful music - the apartment, however, was completely quiet.
Couldn't recommend more highly.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Highgateglobetrotter
Reviewed May 20, 2006

The Sebel Noosa is a small apartment type of resort.
The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable. There is a beautiful lounge and a kitchen which has every possible utensil you could want along with a very well stocked fridge. The bathroom was super, a lovely bath and separate shower, the sink was set in black granite and the whole apartment had a sort of really smart Japanese tone to the furnishings.
The sebel is right in the middle of Hastings Street (next to the Sheraton Hotel) which is the most popular street in Noosa with chic little cafes and shops. Across the road there are also waterfront restaurants where you can watch the sunset over your cocktail before dinner - heavenly !
The pool was clean and had sun loungers around it. However, my husband and I ventured down to the sea where we had a super time with the waves and then sunbathed for a while on the beautiful white sand.
There is a great little cafe next toTthe Sebel that opens at 6am and you can sit and have any type of breakfast you want 'al fresco of course' while you just take in the Sunshine Coast, read the paper or just relax. Everything is relaxing in Noosa, the most stress I had was deciding which bikini to buy from all the lovely shops in the street.
We had been in Australia, for the second year running, for three and a half weeks and made this a stop before we caught our plane the next day. We would love to go back to Noosa and would definately stay at The Sebel again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2006
8  Thank Lindyloo1
Reviewed May 9, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Sebel for a couple of nights last week.

We were extremely impressed by the self contained units. They are very modern, have premier furnishings and we can't wait to get back and stay there. The pool is just geat and is like an oasis amoungst the units and the Spa pool is just perfect.

It's right on Hastings street, so we were so happy we cancelled our previously booked room at Sheraton Noosa and went to the Sebel instead.
We saved approx $300/night by doing so.

As mentioned in previous reviews, the units have everything you need for a stay in Noosa.

In fact I'm going to call now and book for some more nights closer to summer !

• Stayed: May 2005