“Relaxed long weekend in style”
Review of The Sebel Noosa

The Sebel Noosa
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed with family at the Sebel over the Australia Day long weekend for three nights and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The welcome from the staff was friendly and efficient as we checked into our one bedroom and two bedroom apartment. Both apartments were well laid with all the amenities for a holiday stay available in the room. The rooms were very spacious and the balconies also enabled plenty of room to sit, relax and have a quiet drink. The two bedroom apartment overlooking the river provided non-stop entertainment of watching people passing by both, by road, by foot and on the water. The hotel is perfectly situated in the middle of Hastings Street so that access to the restaurants, cafes, beach and the Noosa National Park are all a pleasant very short walk away. Would certainly return and stay for a week to further enjoy this hotel and its locations

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

We certainly enjoyed reading your review. Very good to hear that you had a great Australia Day LWE with us. The Reception team certainly enjoyed your comment when I read it out to them this morning.

Those River facing rooms are certainly a hidden gem. A lot of guests prefer the pool facing Two Bedroom Apartments, but I am with you that the apartments facing Noosa Parade certainly have their benefits as you can watch the continue to operate, and sit back and watch the sun setting over the hills.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We had stayed at the Sebel a few years ago and then over the years have stayed in other hotels on Hastings st. We came back again and it seems other than an updating of the pool deck chairs and lounges (very nice), the room we stayed in was very dated. Not 4 star, maybe 3.5?? We arrived at 11 and were told our room would be ready between 12 and 1.30 which we thought was great. But we didn't get the key until 3.30!! This is too long and our expectations were not very well managed considering we have 2 small children. We were only allowed access to the pool after I got snotty at the inexperienced reception staff at 2.45pm and I asked to be let in to the pool area.

Other than our arrival, the rest of the stay was ok. Our room was in need of a update, but was clean and tidy. For the price, I expected a little more, but if you can afford it, stay somewhere nicer.

Stayed: January 2014

I appreciate your review, and after reviewing this morning with the team, we are all a little confused. Any guests arriving early are always allowed immediate access to the carpark and the resort facilities. If the apartment is ready, we always move the guest straight in, and if not the guests have everything at their disposal, with most choosing to head to the beach, lunch, or start their shopping along Hastings St.

All our Housekeeping team depart at 2:30pm, so I am not too sure how the room could not be ready until 3:30pm. My only thought is that you may have been a guest of a holiday rental company and not actually The Sebel. 24 of the 110 rooms onsite are managed externally, even though the sign on the building says 'The Sebel', these rooms do not form part of the resort and are privately managed.

Regardless, I apologise on our behalf or whichever holiday rental company you may have been with. It is certainly not the arrival experience we aim for.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Reviewed January 21, 2014

loved this hotel. great hotel, staff were friendly and awesome surroundings. plenty to do in noosa. def stay here again when visiting noosa. rooms were large and cosy. not much to complain about . check in was swift

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thankyou debbie,

Thank you for your review, and we do hope you will be back again soon.

I read that you didn't have much to complain about, if there was anything, please feel free to email me direct back, and I will look at improving those matters for future guests...which I hope you are one of.

See you again soon.

e: h8776-gm@accor.com

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had a last minute booking and the girls at the booking centre on Hastings street were so helpful and friendly. They even allowed us to check in early! The apartment was spacious and well equipped but unfortunately noise late at night does penetrate the walls. Other than that, nothing to complain about.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

I always love reading positive feedback. Never be afraid to contact Reception if other guests are disturbing you, we love nothing more than to ask them to quieten down to ensure everyone has an enjoyable stay.

I will pass your review onto the team on the desk...they always make me proud of them the way they look after our guests.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I booked the sebel hotel for my wedding night and advised them beforehand of the occasion, assuming they'd make some sort of effort to make one of the most important days of our lives memorable. The recogntion we received was...absolutely Nothing. No congratulatory comments when we checked in, no mention of the occasion in our room (no card, no complimentary bottle of bubbly, no flowers).. nothing. Considering we paid well over $300 for the night, I was amazed (and embarrased) at this lack of consideration.
Apart from this disappointment, the Sebel leaves a lot to be desired in other areas I have to say. I certainly would not rate it a 4 star hotel. Having stayed at hotels all over the world for business & for pleasure, 3 star would be much closer to the mark.
Firstly, we spent a quarter of an hour finding the place. There seems to be no signage to assist. After a quarter of an hour searching Hastings St, we decided to drive along the back steet and noticed a small Sebel' sign on the rear of the building near the entrance to their car park. No concierge to greet us, just an intercom. We parked & then proceeded to the check in counter which had all the ambience of a bus station ticket counter, complete with dirty walls.
We then proceeded to our room and received no assistance with our bags.
The room itself was very spacious with pleasant furnishings.
Location was excellent with close access to restaurants, shops, Noosa beach etc.
The spa was bath sized and a disappointment, with the jets on one end not working.
Sleeping was a disaster..we were disturbed several times. Although we were on the top floor (floor 3) we were continually awoken by the sound of people laughing and talking. The noise was so loud I assumed one or more of the bedroom or bathroom windows were open. They weren't.
So all in all, a huge disappointment and the worst part was, I could see that disappointment in my wife's eyes. .Never again Sebel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KP O

I was a little surprised to read your feedback as it seems very unusual for you to get this level of service from our team here. I have asked every Reception host, along with our Reservation Manager, and they have no knowledge of any Honeymoon guests staying at the resort in January. I am wondering if you were actually staying at The Sebel. We manage 86 of the 111 rooms onsite, the remaining are managed by real estate agents in the form of holiday letting. The reason why I think this is because their Reception is kind of like a ticket counter. Often the agents will tell the guest they are staying at The Sebel, which is incorrect and over the years has numerous times caused confusion with their guests.

When we are made aware of a Honeymoon couple, we go out of our way to ensure they are looked after, and we always asign them an apartment that is quiet, and unless requested, we would not put them near the resort pool during school holidays.

I could be completely wrong though, and if so, please drop me a line. If you were a guest of our resort, I can look back at the reservation and see where it got derailed.

Regardless of whether you were a guest of ours or not, I hope that this is just a speedbump to a very long and joyfull marriage.

e: h8776-gm@accor.com