“Very comfortable”
Review of The Sebel Noosa

The Sebel Noosa
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We just had a long weekend here and it was great. You cannot beat the location, it's right in the middle of everything. Service was great, the staff are friendly and helpful. Room was very big and the kitchen was great, I think the decor is looking a little worn but it is still very clean and we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

I enjoyed reading your comment, and that you enjoyed the October Long weekend with us...the weather was absolutely perfect.

We have a team working on the new look for the rooms, and we can look forward to a fresh new look for The Sebel coming very soon. In the meantime our team here will continue to, as you pointed out, keep the room very clean...my philosophy is that nothing beats a clean room!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a great 1 night stay at the Sebel Noosa. This property is full of apartments, I booked a one bedroom apartment but was upgraded to a two bedroom apartment! Too bad I wasn't staying longer to enjoy the kitchen, two bathrooms, two bedrooms, lounge & balcony facing the river!
Was a little disappointed that I couldn't check into my room early however staff allowed me to store my bags & freshen up in the staff bathroom as I had to work. The only two other downfalls were that my bed in 411 was terribly hard which made for a difficult sleep along with a lot of noise from other apartments/pool area. I guess the place was packed due to school holidays so I would hope this would not be the case at other times. Also annoying that maintenance came knocking at 10am when I wasn't checking out until 11am.
Overall a great stay & I would return the location & staff cannot be beat!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I actually remember you, I was the one who snuck you into the staff bathroom. Actually since your stay I have put the ball in motion to get that bathroom completely converted into a guest-use bathroom for similar situations where guests have to change into their work clothes or swimwear. Thank you for highlighting it for us.

I will have a look at the bed in 411...we get a lot of requests for hard beds, and most of ours are quite soft...it will be good to know I can use that one for any guest requests for a non-soft bed.

And...you can guarantee that I will have a few words with the Maintenance Manager over our morning coffee meeting this morning...and I know where he lives, so I will go knock on his door early on his next day off! (kidding)

But, please plan your next visit to Noosa, and make it a longer stay away from school holidays and I can personally guarantee you will have a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. It is quite a serene resort when the kids are back in school.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Spacious rooms but terrible beds which dip in the middle. Unfriendly customer service. Expensive Internet. No wedding party discount as promised.

Try not to get a room towards the back which looks over the main road...the Garbage trucks at 7.00am each morning woke us up

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Rebecca C
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thankyou Rebecca C,

It is dissapointing to read that you did not have an enjoyable stay. I normally take great pride in the team here and the great comments I get for them. In saying that though, there are moments when we cannot satisfy everyone, and I see it as my job to learn from these experiences.

By looking back via the details provided (wedding group and that you were in a river facing room in September), I just made contact with the gentleman who made the booking and we had a pleasant conversation and discussed the issues raised about the bed and noise encounted.

However, my detective work using the details provided may not be correct, and if you are from a different room, please feel free to drop me an email with your contact details and I will call you directly back as I would love to discuss further.

My personal email address: h8776-gm@accor.com

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Recently stayed here for two nights in a standard unit. Whilst it was clean I found the furniture and fittings were getting a bit tired and not sure its up to the standard. Pool areas can bring a bit of noise into the unit during the day but fairly quiet at night. I had no issue that no cafe onsite as there are other great cafes and restaurants around to eat at.

Overall it was OK but maybe my expectations were to high.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Getting tired...not too sure if you are talking about the furniture or the manager! I pressume the furniture. You will be glad to hear that we have a refresh plan in place for the coming months. We have a focus group working on the new designs as we speak, and having a sneak glimpse, it looks pretty awesome.

But I am glad you pointed out that we are keeping the rooms clean, and our team here along with the rest of the resort and Noosa as a whole is the reason to come stay here.

I am very proud of the Maintenance and Housekeeping teams here as they keep the place in good shape, and while the furniture has a few marks where the suitcases have come in contact, and that 300 days of sunshine we get each year has taken it's toll on some items, the current furniture is very good quality fitout that could still have a few years left in it. But we will retire it all early in 2014.

But we look forward to welcoming you back here sometime soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great hotel. Cameron the GM is excellent and made an extra effort to ensure our holiday to celebrate our daughtre's 21st went smoothly. This was very important for us and he appreciated this.

Our deluxe one bedroom apartment was spacious and had a lovely view of the pool. The hotel has a great location on Hastings street and is close to the beach. For those who enjoy running as we do, a perfect start to the day is a run through the nation park and finishing this with a swim at the beach. It is then just a short walk back to your room and breakfast on the balcony overlooking the pool. Perfect.

Room Tip: Choose a Deluxe room with a view of the pool. However the pool does attract young families so it can...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

I love seeing my name up in lights!

Thank you Linda.

The pleasure was all ours, and I am glad you and the family had a great trip to Noosa, and we look forward to welcoming you all back many times.

I have done that run through the National Park many times, and I am glad you have brought this to the attention of future guests reading this. While we now have a gym at the resort, nothing beats a run through the magnificent Noosa National Park, and as mentioned a dip in the ocean. While I would love to have a breakfast on the balcony, the staff would never leave me alone long enough to let me enjoy it!

See you back here again sometime soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Don D

Reviewed September 13, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Noosa
Noosa Blue Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
#2 of 10 in Noosa
Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas

Been to The Sebel Noosa? Share your experiences!