“Great stay... loved Noosa”

Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I really liked the Sheraton. The staff were welcoming, helped us with our bags and gave us some bar and restaurant tips for our evening out in Hastings Street. We also had a drink at the bar which faces out on to Hastings Street and service was prompt and friendly. A DJ provided some live entertainment.

Our room was absolutely huge and very clean. We also took advantage of the laundry facilities on our floor. Noise wasn't an issue at all.

We had a night in with room service (cold meat platter, cheese platter and a fruit salad - all delicious) and Last Vegas on rental. Having the little sofa in our room allowed us to relax and feel at home... which was nice after several weeks of hotel rooms.

My only issue was that we were in a room with a connecting door to the adjacent room. Instead of being locked, a bolt allowed for the door to be opened a couple of inches. We piled up the suitcases so that it couldn't be opened by anyone. I also found the spa prices to be pretty expensive.

But overall, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear A_J_Mann,
It was nice to read your review and learn just how much of the Resort you were able to enjoy and soak in while spending some weeks in your recent travels. When reading it the classic phrase “home away from home” comes to mind and I am pleased we created such a warm and comfortable environment for you to you enjoy while in Noosa. In terms of the interconnecting door feature, I can assure you the facility is secure in function and that access can only be gained where the user chooses to grant it (a blank plate on the inside of each door prevents anyone opening the neighbours door).
Regards

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Loved the convenient location and ability to walk everywhere. Nice room overlooking river, but a bit disappointed there wasn't a bar or cocktail lounge overlooking the beach that all guests could enjoy. Seemed a missed opportunity.

Some staff could have been more attentive or perhaps there needed to be more staff, as check in was slow, and our room wasn't ready. Hard to get information, and no directory in the room.

But overall a lovely spot, we particularly enjoyed the swim up bar when it was open and the fruit and juices at breakfast.

Dear Jac9393,
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I am pleased to confirm the printed compendiums are on their way and we will revert away from the on tv displayed information to a printed copy because of the feedback such as yours. I know our Executive Chef Frank Boulay will be pleased his initiative to create a healthy, personalized experience at breakfast has been appreciated and will be sure to go and see him to congratulate him through your comments. This juice bar feature isn’t one we have seen elsewhere and are pleased to hear you enjoyed breakfast and the juice bar so much.
Regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Recently stayed at this property with my husband for a well earned child free break. We arrived and upon showing a loyalty voucher we were upgraded to the 2 storey pool villa! What a treat. Room was huge and very clean with a spa bath. Location is extremely central. Our room had direct access to the pool via the pool gate. The pool has plenty of sun lounges and cabanas to laze around the pool in. We enjoyed their buffet breakfast as well as some lunches and a dinner and drinks in their front area which is open onto Hastings street so perfect to watch the day. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

Dear tegan_thetraveller,
I speak to many parents and receive comments online from similarly minded couples who treat themselves to a night or two away to re-charge and re-connect. As the venue you chose to spend this precious time I wanted to thank you and at the same time write to acknowledge the positive comments you shared.
The learn that you enjoyed many meals here and savoured the poolside fare as well, is lovely to see and a credit to the Resorts Executive Chef Frank Boulay and his team who take such pride and passion to their culinary delights and service. I hope to see you again, perhaps next time with the kids, to enjoy so much that Noosa offers families and couples alike.
Regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2014

The positives.. the location; King beds with quality sheets; nice pool. Negatives: Ill-informed hotel staff actively avoid good communication with guests. No in room compendiums (for many months). Far from the 5 star experience you're paying for. Poor quality towels, ridiculous robes, etc

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Jo_Hyph

Dear Jo_Hyph,
Thank you for taking time out to share your feedback via this forum. I was recently discussing similar points with a guest here at the hotel and will also take this opportunity to share my updates with others on this forum as well. We very excited to note new compendiums are on their way and I expect them to be here very soon bringing the finishing touches to our recent $10M refurbishment of the Hotel and we are always upgrading and reviewing the quality of our linen and facilities. I take note the program provided some comfort for you in terms of bedding and I will ask my housekeepers to keep an eye on the guest rooms terry towelling and robes. Please accept my apology that these were not up to the same high standard you experienced with the bedding. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that should your travels see you return to Noosa we are again privileged to host your stay.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel twice when I visited Noosa last year. Room was newly renovated, very large and cleaned. Breakfast was excellent.

Location is just perfect, very close to the beach. The hotel is also next to the shopping street where there are plenty of cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank The_Agent2012

Dear The_Agent2012,
I do read and respond as often as I can and I quite enjoy participating and sharing feedback with our guests. In this review I loved reading that you enjoyed your stay so much and the Resort was able to play our part in creating so many Noosa memories. See you again very soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Absoultely fantastic hotel. We stayed in one of the River view suites for a couple of days. Suite was fantastic and a lot larger than we expected. Service was impeccable. Everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Darkwombat,
Thank you for your concise review. I am really pleased you were able to enjoy the Resort services and features so much with everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel! I hope you don’t mind me borrowing your words.
Warm regards

Reviewed August 5, 2014

all staffs are very friendly, I really enjoyed staying in Sheraton Noosa. also great location. everything is just perfect. What I really liked the most was the service. They all are very friendly and kind.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear SpencerH,

Your review reminds me of a saying we often use that end with " they will remember how you made them feel" and I am excited for my team who work towards creating a positive experience in every moment that they have done a pretty good job of it for you during this visit.

regards,