“No showers Poesie”

Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed 4 Nights at this well managed hotel. Terrific Helpful and friendly staff! Amazing and outstanding breakfast.
Good equipped Roms. We had da nice Lagoon suite with a comfortable balcony.

The only negative was the showerless Pool with no separate Kids-area.
We won't Consider about what all These Kids and suncreamed adults left in the Pool.
So we enjoyed the ocean, just using the Pool towela at the beach.

So dear traveller: if you are not a Pool-lover go ahead to sheraton noosa heads,

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear JohannesW
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Noosa Resort. I am flattered by your comments and will share them with the brekky team. With regard to the pool and spa area throughout the our peak season I will look at ways we can manage this impression you received better in future. Whilst we have the largest pool facility on Hastings Street and our entire pool and surrounding area is thoroughly cleaned every night, the spa pool is emptied and refilled daily and the pool filters are changed as needed or at least every alternate day to ensure that we showcase this wonderful facility at its best there can always be time to reflect and seek ways to improve and through your feedback we are able to identify what our guests “see” and I thank you for taking the time to share it. Should you have the opportunity to return at a different time of the year when the hotel and Noosa is not as busy, I’m confident that you will be able to enjoy the perfect balance of convenience and tranquillity you were searching for. If I can be of any assistance in that regard please don’t hesitate to connect with me. Once again thank you for your feedback, I hope you will return again soon however in the meantime we wish you all the very best for 2014.

Stephen Ferrigno

Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We loved it here. We had a room overlooking the Noosa River and the sunsets were simply stunning - we sat on the balcony watching the sun go down with a chilled glass of white wine - bliss! Our room was extremely spacious and we had a mini kitchen area with kettle, fridge etc. Very useful. The bathroom was spotless and very practical with a spa bath. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. The breakfast was good with a varied selection - no complaints although I had to pay extra for a flat white coffee which for some reason wasn't included in our rate. Excellent location in Hastings Street right across from the beach - lots of lovely shops and restaurants all around and the river on the other side of the hotel. The ferry stops right outside the hotel and we spent a very happy day on the river - hopping on and off the ferry. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river and you will get a lovely sunny room with amazing sunsets
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear NinkandTel
I was so proud when I read your review and would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us for your Noosa holiday. When I shared your review with the team here they were delighted that they played a part in creating some wonderful holiday memories for you both. The beauty and tranquillity of the Noosa River studios is my personal favourite as well for all the reasons you note and I am also pleased you found the size of the room and our facilities comfortable for your stay. Once again NinkandTel, thank you for your review and from all of us here, we wish you all the best for 2014 and safe travels back to the cooler weather of the UK.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here in January 2014 after seeing that the property had been renovated when we were last up in Noosa in April 2013. We were not disappointed as the resort felt "fresh" and the rooms were nicely appointed. As we were travelling with our 2 year old, we opted to stay in a suite which included a spacious living room and a small but functional kitchenette. It was nice to be in an environment where she could run around. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large making it an ideal room choice.
The pool is nice. While the lounges do get taken up, this didn't really bother us as we are not into sunbaking.
Proximity to Hastings Street and the beach makes this resort an ideal place to stay.
Big fan - will most likely return!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Live_to_holiday
What a wonderful review – thank you so much for your positive comments and I am delighted that your stay here was so enjoyable. I am also pleased you found the size of the room and our facilities comfortable for your stay, as a father of 4 myself I totally understand the luxury of having a bit more space in a hotel room and combined with the convenience of the kitchenette, goes a long way to making it a flexible holiday experience for everyone.
Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and as you ‘Live to Holiday’ I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My partner and I had the opportunity to stay at this well kept and cosy hotel in early January and I must say we really enjoyed our stay. We had a very spacious suite with a separate living area and a kitchenette. Bathroom was very spacious and tidy and we also really enjoyed the balcony which offered an untrammeled view over the Noosa river. Breakfast was also included in our room price - the breakfast was served at the Noosa Beach House (restaurant by Peter Kuruvita ). It consisted of all the essentials you can imagine and all the produce was of the finest quality - especially the selection of fruits was very impressive and tasty .
The location right on Hastings street was nice ( if you are arriving by car, as many do , note that you must find your way to the hotel via Noosa Parade as there is no drive way from Hastings street).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannu H
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Hannu H
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am delighted that we were able to play a small part in creating some wonderful holiday memories for you both. I am also pleased you found the size of the room and our facilities comfortable for your stay and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the beauty and tranquillity of the Noosa River from the comfort of your River View balcony.
I will mention your positive comments about your breakfast experience to Peter when I see him next as our Chefs are constantly sourcing the freshest and best quality of local produce and this is certainly evident in the buffet selection.
Once again Hannu H thank you for your review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the resort should you have the opportunity to return to beautiful Noosa for another relaxing holiday.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We have just returned from 3 nights at the Sheraton. We stayed in a suite with pool views. The room was just lovely and very comfortable. As previous reviews state, the claiming of pool side sunbeds and pods by lots of people was very frustrating. At one stage there were rows of sunbeds with towels on them but no people. There were also 5 empty pods (not sure if that is their name but round lounges with a canopy) and after watching them for a while continued to be empty with only towels on them. My partner and I were unable to find a vacant sunbed on many occasions which was annoying. Im not sure how people can be so greedy. Other than that a lovey stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holidaysNewcastle

Dear holidaysNewcastle
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay here and thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience.
I’m sorry if you experienced a level of inconvenience and disappointment in relation to the situation with the pool lounges and hope that this didn’t detract too much from your overall enjoyment of this wonderful facility. Should you have the opportunity to return and this happens again please do not hesitate to mention this to one of our lovely pool bar staff and they will be more than happy to address the situation for you. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you will have the opportunity to return soon for another relaxing Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa holiday.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We have been staying at the Sheraton in Noosa for at least 10 years and we are so happy about the new fit out. They have done a fab job.

I do have to say I wouldn't go back in peak season again because of the pool politics and people reserving the chairs at 6.00 a.m. and popping off for a couple of hours only to come back to the prime position. I understand why people do this (drives me crazy) and after day 3 it was tempting to do the same. This needs to be better managed by the staff. Not a square to spare poolside for the entire week from 31st to the 6th January. We settled on the beach most days. On the Saturday afternoon we brought some friends over at about 6.30 p.m. and by this time the pool area at cleared and we were finally able to get a chair and there was no one in the pool or pool side for that matter. Immediately we had 3 management staff standing over us questioning our room number. We gave them our details and were told that we could stay but our friends had to leave. (this was a family by the way). I get this policy if the pool was crowded and it was thru the day but by this time it was empty. I found this situation confronting and really unfair giving that we hadn't been able to sit buy the pool for 5 days and were $800 per night during peak.

On another note we booked the new Beach House Restaurant for New Years Eve, I was absolutely appalled with the meal and complained 1st January and was told that they would call me back that afternoon or next day at the latest but I'm still waiting for that call back and that is another review all together.

Would stay again but not in peak season.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Kalfeldi
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Kalfeldi

Thank you for your honest review and for choosing to stay with us once again. It was a pleasure to read your very positive comments on our beautiful resort and I am delighted that you loved the results of our recent refurbishment. Like all of our returning guests we are seeing some fantastic comments and praise for the refurbishment and all it brings to our Resort and our community.

I am very sorry however that the time you spent poolside was not as relaxing as you had hoped and I understand your frustrations in relation to the reserved pool lounges. Because our pool area is so inviting and a main feature of the Resort, we are always conscious of guests reserving lounges therefore the pool staff endeavour to constantly monitor this practice although this does prove a challenge over the particular dates that you were with us simply because of the expectations involved. I’m sorry if you experienced a level of inconvenience and disappointment because of this behaviour and hope that it didn’t detract too much from your overall enjoyment. Should you have the opportunity to return and this happens again please do not hesitate to mention this to one of our lovely pool bar staff and they will be more than happy to address the situation for you.

In relation to your New Year’s Eve dining experience, I’m very concerned and also disappointed that no one has returned your call to discuss this with you and for this I would like to sincerely apologise. As the responsibility ultimately rests with me, if you have the time I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you in more detail. As I am unable to ascertain your details in this forum, please contact me directly at the hotel and we can discuss this further.
Once again Kalfeldi, thank you for sharing your review online and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our beautiful resort on another visit in the future. For now our team joins me in sending you all our best wishes for a wonderful 2014.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Currently staying at the pool villas room during early Jan holidays peak.

Room:
Two levels with master bedroom upstairs separates the kids downstairs on the sofa bed to the parents. Good escape at night.
Rooms are well insulated. Haven't heard next indoor at all during our stay
Rooms are not quite the private sanctuaries given shared little courtyard area in front but they are rarely used given direct access to the pool. This direct had cream is brilliant when kids want to jump straight into water on a hot day, ability to pick up the forgotten item quickly, etc
Generally well cleaned and maintained. Still recently renovated
Mini kitchenette helpful formsink, cleaning out bottles and glasses, own things for fridge etc

Value:
At $800 per night during peak I think its better value looking at stayz and finding and renting a home or apartment along the Beach at noosa. Get one with your own pool and its all yours. The service aspect gained from a hotel doesn't add enough value to having your own place that you lightly maintain each day.
The pool is VERY small for the size of the hotel at peak occupancy. Literally a human soup of people in a pot.
The lines during check in, the lack of parking and the standard hotel costs for parking $20 each day, sofa bed linen $55 each day, pool bar drinks etc add up to much more than the already a expensive 800 room rate. So the `value` equation just doesn't stack up.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank luckylorks

Dear Luckylorks
Thank you for taking the time to share your family holiday experiences while you were staying with us recently. I appreciate the time and detail you shared in your review and I am glad that your family have so far enjoyed the convenience and appointments of staying in one of our Poolside Villas.

I was however disappointed that your checkin experience was longer than you anticipated and that you felt some aspects of the hotel did not represent value for money. While the hotel is in a wonderful location and caters for both couples and families, the December/January school holidays are our peak season and therefore there is a larger than average demand on our facilities including the Resort Pool area even though it is the largest pool facility on Hastings Street.
Should you have the opportunity to return at a different time of the year when the hotel and Noosa is not as busy, I’m confident that you will be able to enjoy a perfect balance of value for money and still experience a unique Noosa holiday.
Once again thank you for your feedback and choosing to stay with us, I hope you will return again soon however in the meantime we wish you all the very best for 2014.